RemedySpot.com

Re: Royal Caribbean Cruise.....great experience!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We just came back from our FIRST cruise this morning. We sailed from Port of Miami for 3 nights-4 days cruise with Royal Caribbean. I picked this cruise as I heard that their kids camp program take children with special needs. I was not so sure how much "accommodating" but wanted to try....

Overall, I was extremely happy with the staffs quality. I had to send in questionnaire about my son, but when I got there to register him, they knew he was coming, and my son really had a good time. First day, they already had some program from 8PM till 10PM to get to know each other, then next day, while we were in CoCo Cay (private island they own), they block this area for the kids, and they do all kind of activities...I was a bit worried if my son does OK there but when I went to check on him, he was actually having a blust!

The camp counselers consist of men and women, and they are very familiar with children with autism. They probably age between high 20s to mid 30s....seem to be very mature people. And there are many to cover our kids, so I was very comfortable leaving my kids with them for longer time of period (2nd day when were in Bahamas, they had my kids from 9AM to 5PM). I felt kind of guilty? to leave my kids that long while I have my own free time, but it was nice that the kids did really have good time (according to my typical daughter)....and we sometime need break too.

So I wanted to tell the people about this wonderful cruise....they do have specials on the last minute deal, and they even let us get on and off the ship as a priority guests with handicap. I never cruised other ships, but 4 days weekend cruise was super. At CoCo Cay, they had a huge inflatable slide, my son kept going on them over and over....($20 all day unlimited...which I think should be free...)....they had some power wheels field (that was free) for kids also.

Thank you for your insight. We are sailing next month and I am really

nervous. Any suggestions on how to make it easier for our kids?

> We just came back from our FIRST cruise this morning. We sailed from Port

> of Miami for 3 nights-4 days cruise with Royal Caribbean. I picked this

> cruise as I heard that their kids camp program take children with special

> needs. I was not so sure how much " accommodating " but wanted to try....

>

> Overall, I was extremely happy with the staffs quality. I had to send in

> questionnaire about my son, but when I got there to register him, they knew

> he was coming, and my son really had a good time. First day, they already

> had some program from 8PM till 10PM to get to know each other, then next

> day, while we were in CoCo Cay (private island they own), they block this

> area for the kids, and they do all kind of activities...I was a bit worried

> if my son does OK there but when I went to check on him, he was actually

> having a blust!

>

> The camp counselers consist of men and women, and they are very familiar

> with children with autism. They probably age between high 20s to mid

> 30s....seem to be very mature people. And there are many to cover our kids,

> so I was very comfortable leaving my kids with them for longer time of

> period (2nd day when were in Bahamas, they had my kids from 9AM to 5PM). I

> felt kind of guilty? to leave my kids that long while I have my own free

> time, but it was nice that the kids did really have good time (according to

> my typical daughter)....and we sometime need break too.

>

> So I wanted to tell the people about this wonderful cruise....they do have

> specials on the last minute deal, and they even let us get on and off the

> ship as a priority guests with handicap. I never cruised other ships, but 4

> days weekend cruise was super. At CoCo Cay, they had a huge inflatable

> slide, my son kept going on them over and over....($20 all day

> unlimited...which I think should be free...)....they had some power wheels

> field (that was free) for kids also.

Don't be nervous! If you are going with Alumni Cruise as a group, you are in a good hands....Mike was very helpful. I was on my own for the cruise, but the staff at Adventure Ocean (kids camp) really helped my son to participate in activities....I think they know what our kids enjoy. As for food, it was not as superb as I expected but OK. He also tried rock climbing....need socks to bring, they will let you use their shoes. If you have any specific questions, let me know....

Re: Royal Caribbean Cruise.....great experience!

Thank you for your insight. We are sailing next month and I am reallynervous. Any suggestions on how to make it easier for our kids?On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 2:31 PM, Kimiko Inoue <kimichanearthlink (DOT) net> wrote:> We just came back from our FIRST cruise this morning. We sailed from Port> of Miami for 3 nights-4 days cruise with Royal Caribbean. I picked this> cruise as I heard that their kids camp program take children with special> needs. I was not so sure how much "accommodating" but wanted to try....>> Overall, I was extremely happy with the staffs quality. I had to send in> questionnaire about my son, but when I got there to register him, they knew> he was coming, and my son really had a good time. First day, they already> had some program from 8PM till 10PM to get to know each other, then next> day, while we were in CoCo Cay (private island they own), they block this> area for the kids, and they do all kind of activities...I was a bit worried> if my son does OK there but when I went to check on him, he was actually> having a blust!>> The camp counselers consist of men and women, and they are very familiar> with children with autism. They probably age between high 20s to mid> 30s....seem to be very mature people. And there are many to cover our kids,> so I was very comfortable leaving my kids with them for longer time of> period (2nd day when were in Bahamas, they had my kids from 9AM to 5PM). I> felt kind of guilty? to leave my kids that long while I have my own free> time, but it was nice that the kids did really have good time (according to> my typical daughter)....and we sometime need break too.>> So I wanted to tell the people about this wonderful cruise....they do have> specials on the last minute deal, and they even let us get on and off the> ship as a priority guests with handicap. I never cruised other ships, but 4> days weekend cruise was super. At CoCo Cay, they had a huge inflatable> slide, my son kept going on them over and over....($20 all day> unlimited...which I think should be free...)....they had some power wheels> field (that was free) for kids also.