RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Question for Zena re: Dermatomyositis

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Joyce,

I'm ok, just not feeling up to snuff and beginning to question what's going on. For the last couple of weeks I assumed I was just tired and stressed from the move and all that goes along with it. But my hands are driving me just plain wild. They blister and itch and callous and scale and it's enough to make me want to get rid of them.

I'm having enough joint and muscle pain that I'm noticing it and it just makes me tired and grouchy. You know me, I just push through and keep going but I think I'm going to take Babs advice and get some extra rest for a few days.

Respiratorily speaking I'm just fine, my sats are fine and I'm not noticing any additional problems.

Please don't worry, I'm fine, probably just being a whiny baby!

Beth in NC age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Re: Question for Zena re: Dermatomyositis

MB,

I didn't even know you were having this trouble. Sorry, you don't need this now. This is your rest period. Hope it isn't serious.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.>> Zena,> I know you won't see this for a bit because of the time difference but I was wondering if you could share with me what kinds of symptoms you have/had from the dermatomyositis? How was it diagnosed? My doctor is planning a biopsy of the rash and blistering on my hands but I'm having alot more fatigue recently and some muscle and joint pain. I was wondering if you had those kinds of symptoms?> Anything you'd care to share I would greatly appreciate. I feel like my body is revolting against me.

LOL> > Beth in NC age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06>

Babs,

Thanks so much for the info. I appreciate it more than you know. (Aren't support groups awesome?!!)

My main complaint is the itchy, scaly, blistery, gross rash on my hands. It's driving me nuts! But I've started to have pain and some weakness especially in my legs. I think I'll take your advice and rest for a few days and see if it improves. I'm also really really tired but I'm still thinking that could be needing to recover from the stress of the last couple of months with moving and all that entails!

Thanks for the info and advice Babs!!

This is Babs in Texas. I have DM also. It first presented itself with extreme muscle fatigue. Could barely lift my arms over my head. Then it was the rash over the eyes. My eyelids turned purple and were swollen, then scaley and itchy until I thought I would go bonkers. Next came the muscle fatigue in my legs. It felt to me that this must be what it's like to walk through quicksand or one of those weird dreams where you're trying to run or walk and making no progress.I still have problems though my eyes haven't been as bad in years. My arm and leg muscles aren't as bad either. It seems to come in flares, like my lupus flares.I have several auto-immune diseases including fibromyalgia, scleroderma, lupus, raynaud's, sjogren's and rheumatoid arthritis... possibly crohn's.Rest, rest and more rest. Lots of fluids, just as if you had the flu or a cold. Aleve or Ibuprofen. These all help me and are what

my Doc has said to do.Hope that helps!Hugs, and best wishes for rest and relief.Babs in Texas> >> > Zena,> > I know you won't see this for

a bit because of the time difference but> I was wondering if you could share with me what kinds of symptoms you> have/had from the dermatomyositis? How was it diagnosed? My doctor is> planning a biopsy of the rash and blistering on my hands but I'm having> alot more fatigue recently and some muscle and joint pain. I was> wondering if you had those kinds of symptoms?> > Anything you'd care to share I would greatly appreciate. I feel like> my body is revolting against me. LOL> >> > Beth in NC age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> >>

Thanks ! I actually thought for awhile when this first started a couple of years ago that it was just that, an allergy. I actually thought I had become allergic to my dog and that's what was causing it. If only it was so simple!

IGNORE my comments Beth, CLEARLY after reading more of your posts I can see this is way -off....good luck with the testing ...I just hope you find some RELIEF SOOON!

in Oz> > >> > > Zena,> > > I know you won't see this for a bit because of the time difference> but I was wondering if you could share with me what kinds of symptoms> you have/had from the dermatomyositis? How was it diagnosed? My doctor> is planning a biopsy of the rash and blistering on my hands but I'm> having alot more fatigue recently and some muscle and joint pain. I was> wondering if you had those kinds of symptoms?> > > Anything you'd care to share I would greatly appreciate. I feel like> my body is revolting against me. LOL> > >> > > Beth in NC age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > >>

>>