RemedySpot.com

Re: more about me

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Judy,

Showering is the hardest thing I do, too. I leave the door open, use the ceiling exhaust fan, a portable fan and I leave the shower door partially open. Even the window when it is not fridgid outside. Still, my 02 drops into the 60's. I use a bath chair. It is the humidity.

So, getting in an out of there in the fastest time is what I try to do. I love long showers. No more! Yesturday, two of my friends went together and got me one of those big luxury terry hooded robes so that I can get out of the shower, slip it on and not have to stay in there in the steam to dry. It is the nicest thing anyone has done for me in a while. I was watching it to go cheaper. It was marked to $88 and I was waiting for it to drop much lower.

If you come up with a better solution, let me know. Steam from the dryer, dishwasher....all steam just knocks me out. Everything but my hot steamy coffee, which I have right now...hee hee!

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.> >> > Judy...thanks for the info.> > Boy that's tough to have no insurance. Disability should not be > hard to get. One tip: if you take an early S/S then you CANNOT later > change to disability. You get ONE or the OTHER. I was already on S/S > when I was dx and now can't get disability which may be better for us.> > If you need a support group you have been led to the best > there is. We have to be doing something right because everyone on > this board is glad to be here. Some slip away...that happens. But if > you make yourself available and join in, you'll love us.> > Have you had a second opinion Judy? Are you still on O2?> > In some areas 65 is the cut off age for transplant and also > weight is a huge factor. If you happen to be over weight (like I and > many others here) that will be a factor in transplant.> > I'm really sorry about Joe not being available emotionally. > We've just been talking about leveling with our spouses and asking > for what we want/need. Go back to the web site and read some past but > recent posts...good info.> > You aren't alone in feeling alone.> > BTW...here you are a newbie and I like adding age to > our 'signature'...I'm gonna go add mine too. I never remember ages of > members! See, you have contributed already.> > God bless> > > > Mama-Sher, ipf 3-06, OR.> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > more about me> > > > > > Well, my name is Judy Brown and I am 63 yrs. old. I live in SC > with > > my husband Joe and 3 dogs.(2 Goldens and a Lab) Every day they > bring > > me great joy..the dogs!!! hahahah. My husband Joe tries but he > isn't > > an emotional type person so he isn't someone I can talk to about > most > > things.> > I have 5 grown, married kids who all live up north. Three of them > > came at Christmas with their families and I was completely > > overwhelmed. It made me realize how much I have slipped in a > fairly > > short time.> > I was diagnosed this past April 07 but was previously mis-> diagnosed > > for more than a year. The family Dr. kept insisting I had a bad > case > > of asthma plus pneumonia and I needed to "ACCEPT IT." After 5 > weeks > > of antibiotics with no change in me or my xray, he finally agreed > to > > send me to a Pulmonologist. That changed my life for the good and > > bad. He did many tests, ruled out Asthma and sent me for a CT > Scan. > > Also, he put me on oxygen 24/7 as my breathing was very labored. > When > > he diagnosed me with IPF he said I was at the serious end of the > > disease. I do feel myself slipping and that scares me. > > We have no medical insurance and I can't get any. I was also > denied > > Soc. Sec. Dis. and have a lawyer to fight it. I really need > medical > > and a chance to get on the Transplant list. It doesn't look > likely > > for me and that makes me feel depressed if I think about it too > much. > > Still, I try very hard to keep a positive attitude and not dwell > on > > the things I can't do anymore. Instead, I think about all the > things > > I can still do and feel blessed. I need a support group. And > > hopefully, I can be support to others as well. I will always be > > available to talk whenever anyone needs a friend. I am one who > likes > > to give back. So, again, thank you all for being here!> > judybrown63 > > 04-07 IPF SC> >>

Judy,

I forgot to add that I turn my 02 up on 10L....sats still fall. I always take my personal alarm and telephone in there. It is like a giant undertaking to get me clean...ha! Has to be done!

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.> > >> > > Judy...thanks for the info.> > > Boy that's tough to have no insurance. Disability should not be> > hard to get. One tip: if you take an early S/S then you CANNOT later> > change to disability. You get ONE or the OTHER. I was already on S/S> > when I was dx and now can't get disability which may be better for us.> > > If you need a support group you have been led to the best> > there is. We have to be doing something right because everyone on> > this board is glad to be here. Some slip away...that happens. But if> > you make yourself available and join in, you'll love us.> > > Have you had a second opinion Judy? Are you still on O2?> > > In some areas 65 is the cut off age for transplant and also> > weight is a huge factor. If you happen to be over weight (like I and> > many others here) that will be a factor in transplant.> > > I'm really sorry about Joe not being available emotionally.> > We've just been talking about leveling with our spouses and asking> > for what we want/need. Go back to the web site and read some past but> > recent posts...good info.> > > You aren't alone in feeling alone.> > > BTW...here you are a newbie and I like adding age to> > our 'signature'...I'm gonna go add mine too. I never remember ages of> > members! See, you have contributed already.> > > God bless> > >> > > Mama-Sher, ipf 3-06, OR.> > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> > > more about me> > >> > >> > > Well, my name is Judy Brown and I am 63 yrs. old. I live in SC> > with> > > my husband Joe and 3 dogs.(2 Goldens and a Lab) Every day they> > bring> > > me great joy..the dogs!!! hahahah. My husband Joe tries but he> > isn't> > > an emotional type person so he isn't someone I can talk to about> > most> > > things.> > > I have 5 grown, married kids who all live up north. Three of them> > > came at Christmas with their families and I was completely> > > overwhelmed. It made me realize how much I have slipped in a> > fairly> > > short time.> > > I was diagnosed this past April 07 but was previously mis-> > diagnosed> > > for more than a year. The family Dr. kept insisting I had a bad> > case> > > of asthma plus pneumonia and I needed to "ACCEPT IT." After 5> > weeks> > > of antibiotics with no change in me or my xray, he finally agreed> > to> > > send me to a Pulmonologist. That changed my life for the good and> > > bad. He did many tests, ruled out Asthma and sent me for a CT> > Scan.> > > Also, he put me on oxygen 24/7 as my breathing was very labored.> > When> > > he diagnosed me with IPF he said I was at the serious end of the> > > disease. I do feel myself slipping and that scares me.> > > We have no medical insurance and I can't get any. I was also> > denied> > > Soc. Sec. Dis. and have a lawyer to fight it. I really need> > medical> > > and a chance to get on the Transplant list. It doesn't look> > likely> > > for me and that makes me feel depressed if I think about it too> > much.> > > Still, I try very hard to keep a positive attitude and not dwell> > on> > > the things I can't do anymore. Instead, I think about all the> > things> > > I can still do and feel blessed. I need a support group. And> > > hopefully, I can be support to others as well. I will always be> > > available to talk whenever anyone needs a friend. I am one who> > likes> > > to give back. So, again, thank you all for being here!> > > judybrown63> > > 04-07 IPF SC> > >> >> > > >> >------------------------------------------------------------------------> >> >No virus found in this incoming message.> >Checked by AVG Free Edition. > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1209 - Release Date: 1/4/2008 12:05 PM> > > >>

Sandie, Im glad you stood up to your doctor. Maybe by doing this we can get a better sense of being. We should be the one to fire the docotr if he does niot listen to us. I found out last week I am having ear and throat pain. went to my nurse practioner lol. she put me on dioxtriclene? and it did not get better. I went back wed and he did not give me aatbiotic At this time i was bringing up yellow flem and a tige of blood. finally calld my pulmo and he gave me leviquin 750 mg. if i am not better by mon i will be calling pulmo not gp. who are we to call in cases like this to get see.n? also i just may be firing my gp for not listening. di nsip ohio 02Joyce wrote: Sandie, They kept treating me with abs for pneumonia for months. Then the pulmo said it was probably tuberculosis. He wanted to start treatment before completing all the testing and I said no. He then dismissed me as a patient. After a few more months of suffering and getting weaker, I went to a new pulmo. Who is my old doc now....he got old, not me. Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am

strong.> > >> > > Well, my name is Judy Brown and I am 63 yrs. old. I live in SC > with> > > my husband Joe and 3 dogs.(2 Goldens and a Lab) Every day they > bring> > > me great joy..the dogs!!! hahahah. My husband Joe tries but he > isn't> > > an emotional type person so he isn't someone I can talk to about > most> > > things.> > > I have 5 grown, married kids who all live up north. Three of them> > > came at Christmas with their families and I was completely> > > overwhelmed. It made me realize how much I have slipped in a > fairly> > > short time.> > >

I was diagnosed this past April 07 but was previously mis-> diagnosed> > > for more than a year. The family Dr. kept insisting I had a bad > case> > > of asthma plus pneumonia and I needed to "ACCEPT IT." After 5 > weeks> > > of antibiotics with no change in me or my xray, he finally agreed > to> > > send me to a Pulmonologist. That changed my life for the good and> > > bad. He did many tests, ruled out Asthma and sent me for a CT > Scan.> > > Also, he put me on oxygen 24/7 as my breathing was very labored. > When> > > he diagnosed me with IPF he said I was at the serious end of the> > > disease. I do feel myself slipping and that scares me.> > > We have no medical insurance and I can't get any. I was also > denied> > > Soc. Sec. Dis. and have a lawyer to fight it. I really need >

medical> > > and a chance to get on the Transplant list. It doesn't look likely> > > for me and that makes me feel depressed if I think about it too > much.> > > Still, I try very hard to keep a positive attitude and not dwell > on> > > the things I can't do anymore. Instead, I think about all the > things> > > I can still do and feel blessed. I need a support group. And> > > hopefully, I can be support to others as well. I will always be> > > available to talk whenever anyone needs a friend. I am one who > likes> > > to give back. So, again, thank you all for being here!> > > judybrown63> > > 04-07 IPF SC> > >> >>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Dear Sandy and Joyce:

Thank you both for your welcome. I am not certain how this all

works . I have 200 emails in my mailbox and also, i'm not sure how I

answer. Hopefully this is the right way.

yes to both of you regarding SOc. Sec. Dis. I think they just wait

hoping we all die off since getting any benefits is next to

impossible.

Like you I worked my entire life and now i find i don't qualify for

disability. And of course we all know people collecting dis. who joke

about it and don't really need it. It makes me furious, and if i

wasn't ill, i think i'd become a loud-mouth fighter for those who are

being dealt this injustice. I took my sos sec. early figuring i

wouldn't be here when i hit 67.

I also know the feeling of not knowing who to go to for things other

than lungs. My Dr.s nurse told me i should still go to my family dr.

for regular illnesses. however, he misdiagnosed me for over a year

making me have no faith in him any more. Seems to me any type of

infection indirectly does involve our lungs. well, take care and god

bless.

judybrown63,

ipf, 4/07 SC

> > > >

> > > > Well, my name is Judy Brown and I am 63 yrs. old. I live in

SC

> > with

> > > > my husband Joe and 3 dogs.(2 Goldens and a Lab) Every day

they

> > bring

> > > > me great joy..the dogs!!! hahahah. My husband Joe tries but

he

> > isn't

> > > > an emotional type person so he isn't someone I can talk to

about

> > most

> > > > things.

> > > > I have 5 grown, married kids who all live up north. Three of

them

> > > > came at Christmas with their families and I was completely

> > > > overwhelmed. It made me realize how much I have slipped in a

> > fairly

> > > > short time.

> > > > I was diagnosed this past April 07 but was previously mis-

> > diagnosed

> > > > for more than a year. The family Dr. kept insisting I had a

bad

> > case

> > > > of asthma plus pneumonia and I needed to " ACCEPT IT. " After 5

> > weeks

> > > > of antibiotics with no change in me or my xray, he finally

agreed

> > to

> > > > send me to a Pulmonologist. That changed my life for the good

and

> > > > bad. He did many tests, ruled out Asthma and sent me for a CT

> > Scan.

> > > > Also, he put me on oxygen 24/7 as my breathing was very

labored.

> > When

> > > > he diagnosed me with IPF he said I was at the serious end of

the

> > > > disease. I do feel myself slipping and that scares me.

> > > > We have no medical insurance and I can't get any. I was also

> > denied

> > > > Soc. Sec. Dis. and have a lawyer to fight it. I really need

> > medical

> > > > and a chance to get on the Transplant list. It doesn't look

likely

> > > > for me and that makes me feel depressed if I think about it

too

> > much.

> > > > Still, I try very hard to keep a positive attitude and not

dwell

> > on

> > > > the things I can't do anymore. Instead, I think about all the

> > things

> > > > I can still do and feel blessed. I need a support group. And

> > > > hopefully, I can be support to others as well. I will always

be

> > > > available to talk whenever anyone needs a friend. I am one

who

> > likes

> > > > to give back. So, again, thank you all for being here!

> > > > judybrown63

> > > > 04-07 IPF SC

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!

Search.

>

Hi Judy,

I can't remember if I've said Hi or not yet, so I figured that saying it twice would be nicer than not at all

Welcome to our corner of the internet, but I'm sorry that you have to be here. I'm fairly new and have found this place a wealth of advice and support. I'm from across the pond, so I reply at odd times too.

Love Ze x Dermatomyositis, pulmonary fibrosis and some more, for years!> > > > >> > > > > Well, my name is Judy Brown and I am 63 yrs. old. I live in > SC > > > with> > > > > my husband Joe and 3 dogs.(2 Goldens and a Lab) Every day > they > > > bring> > > > > me great joy..the dogs!!! hahahah. My husband Joe tries but > he > > > isn't> > > > > an emotional type person so he isn't someone I can talk to > about > > > most> > > > > things.> > > > > I have 5 grown, married kids who all live up north. Three of > them> > > > > came at Christmas with their families and I was completely> > > > > overwhelmed. It made me realize how much I have slipped in a > > > fairly> > > > > short time.> > > > > I was diagnosed this past April 07 but was previously mis-> > > diagnosed> > > > > for more than a year. The family Dr. kept insisting I had a > bad > > > case> > > > > of asthma plus pneumonia and I needed to "ACCEPT IT." After 5 > > > weeks> > > > > of antibiotics with no change in me or my xray, he finally > agreed > > > to> > > > > send me to a Pulmonologist. That changed my life for the good > and> > > > > bad. He did many tests, ruled out Asthma and sent me for a CT > > > Scan.> > > > > Also, he put me on oxygen 24/7 as my breathing was very > labored. > > > When> > > > > he diagnosed me with IPF he said I was at the serious end of > the> > > > > disease. I do feel myself slipping and that scares me.> > > > > We have no medical insurance and I can't get any. I was also > > > denied> > > > > Soc. Sec. Dis. and have a lawyer to fight it. I really need > > > medical> > > > > and a chance to get on the Transplant list. It doesn't look > likely> > > > > for me and that makes me feel depressed if I think about it > too > > > much.> > > > > Still, I try very hard to keep a positive attitude and not > dwell > > > on> > > > > the things I can't do anymore. Instead, I think about all the > > > things> > > > > I can still do and feel blessed. I need a support group. And> > > > > hopefully, I can be support to others as well. I will always > be> > > > > available to talk whenever anyone needs a friend. I am one > who > > > likes> > > > > to give back. So, again, thank you all for being here!> > > > > judybrown63> > > > > 04-07 IPF SC> > > > >> > > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! > Search.> >>

Diane...for me, I would request a visit w/gp and bring this to her before firing....that is if you like her. Not feeling heard by her is a valid complaint. If you don't like her much then move on. Of course I don't know if you have a good availability of good Drs. in your area or what kind of insurance you have. But simple answers here.

Don't give up, keep calling until you are heard by someone. Are you calling the 'right' Dr. for what ails you? It seems the pulmo responded ok.

Advice is so hard to give. My situation is so different than yours...........

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Re: more about me

Sandie, Im glad you stood up to your doctor. Maybe by doing this we can get a better sense of being. We should be the one to fire the docotr if he does niot listen to us. I found out last week I am having ear and throat pain. went to my nurse practioner lol. she put me on dioxtriclene? and it did not get better. I went back wed and he did not give me aatbiotic At this time i was bringing up yellow flem and a tige of blood. finally calld my pulmo and he gave me leviquin 750 mg. if i am not better by mon i will be calling pulmo not gp. who are we to call in cases like this to get see.n? also i just may be firing my gp for not listening. di nsip ohio 02Joyce <janne5303> wrote:

Sandie,

They kept treating me with abs for pneumonia for months. Then the pulmo said it was probably tuberculosis. He wanted to start treatment before completing all the testing and I said no. He then dismissed me as a patient. After a few more months of suffering and getting weaker, I went to a new pulmo. Who is my old doc now....he got old, not me.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.> > >> > > Well, my name is Judy Brown and I am 63 yrs. old. I live in SC > with> > > my husband Joe and 3 dogs.(2 Goldens and a Lab) Every day they > bring> > > me great joy..the dogs!!! hahahah. My husband Joe tries but he > isn't> > > an emotional type person so he isn't someone I can talk to about > most> > > things.> > > I have 5 grown, married kids who all live up north. Three of them> > > came at Christmas with their families and I was completely> > > overwhelmed. It made me realize how much I have slipped in a > fairly> > > short time.> > > I was diagnosed this past April 07 but was previously mis-> diagnosed> > > for more than a year. The family Dr. kept insisting I had a bad > case> > > of asthma plus pneumonia and I needed to "ACCEPT IT." After 5 > weeks> > > of antibiotics with no change in me or my xray, he finally agreed > to> > > send me to a Pulmonologist. That changed my life for the good and> > > bad. He did many tests, ruled out Asthma and sent me for a CT > Scan.> > > Also, he put me on oxygen 24/7 as my breathing was very labored. > When> > > he diagnosed me with IPF he said I was at the serious end of the> > > disease. I do feel myself slipping and that scares me.> > > We have no medical insurance and I can't get any. I was also > denied> > > Soc. Sec. Dis. and have a lawyer to fight it. I really need > medical> > > and a chance to get on the Transplant list. It doesn't look likely> > > for me and that makes me feel depressed if I think about it too > much.> > > Still, I try very hard to keep a positive attitude and not dwell > on> > > the things I can't do anymore. Instead, I think about all the > things> > > I can still do and feel blessed. I need a support group. And> > > hopefully, I can be support to others as well. I will always be> > > available to talk whenever anyone needs a friend. I am one who > likes> > > to give back. So, again, thank you all for being here!> > > judybrown63> > > 04-07 IPF SC> > >> >>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.