RemedySpot.com

Re: DCCC in Northern CA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Debbie and Hannah, What a coincidence! Hanah, I was at the Whole Foods market in Cupertino this morning. and Debbie, I used to live in Berkeley! Nice to know that there are SCD folks nearby. I do not know who posted the original question, but yes, Whole Foods does have DCCC. Don't ask for DCCC next time you are there, ask for "Farmer's cheese". I have also found DCCC under the name of Farmer's cheese in Persian markets. It tasted different (much better actually) so I was never sure however if this was the same as SCD DCCC, so I would stick to Whole Foods. Fyi for anyone interested, there are some nice legal snacks that Whole Foods carries. I know there was a lot of discussion about Larabars recently, which Safeway recently started carrying but they are cheaper at Whole Foods. I stick to the cashew bars as there is no concentrate in it. A few people, including Marilyn, posted recipes to make your own date bars or pit your own dates and stuff them with chopped nuts, coconut, etc. I highly recommend this as it is cost effective. At whole foods, they sell date logs/dates rolled in nuts, cocunut, etc in the dates section that are like this if you do not want to make you own. It is SCD legal. Also, I purchase the Santa Cruz applesauce (just apples, no other fruits) as another SCDer wrote in to them and verified that the ingredients are legal and there are no additives. For those days when you want to take a break and not make all your snacks, it's nice to have these things on hand. Best,SheenaUC - 8 yrsSCD - 7 monthsSunnyvale, CA

Re: Where to Buy DCCC--in Northern CA or online?

Posted by: "debbietenenbaum" DebbieTenenbaum@... debbietenenbaum

Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:51 pm (PDT)

Hi - There are 3 stores in Berkeley that carry Friendship DairiesFarmer's Cheese: (in order of price) Country Cheese on San Pablo Aveand on Hopkins St., Cheeseboard on north Shattuck Ave., and BerkeleyBowl. Berkeley Bowl also sells bulk (in bags) almond meal if you don'twant to grind your own. Where do you live? (Please sign your postsin the future) Debbie T (UC 27 yrs., SCD 10/06, Lialda)

Posted by: "Hannah " hannahshands@... hannahshands

Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:51 pm (PDT)

I shop at the whole foods in Cupertino and they sell the Friendship Farmer's cheese which is supposed to be the equivalent to DCCC. I know Mollie Stones in Greenbrae also sells Friendships farmers cheese. I think there is a specialty cheese store called the Cheeseboard or something similar in Berkeley and you could try them if you can't find the farmer's cheese at Whole Foods or Mollie Stones.You should have no problem finding it,HannahUC 20 yearsSCD 6 monthsTest your Star IQ Play now!