RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Lizzie.. I should have posted this seperatly from my response to

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ok, ! Thanks for clearing that up! Initially, I believed I read it the way you meant it but then saw Lizzie's post and thought I misinterpreted.

Lizzie.. I should have posted thisseperatly from my response to > > > Lizzie,> I am curious to know what they are using there, as in the case I'm> working on in FL. they are basically just using restraint after> Maladaptive behaviors show up.. and no real program at all. I do> agree with you especially after reviewing this case that ANY program> that has at least some 'cudo's' is better then nothing. What were> they doing ? The same CPI restraint program I'm dealing with in this> case I'm working on... I find it atrocious that some of the> Administrations not just in FL. but all over will use extreme> intimidation against parents. Targeting single mothers is even> worse..this case was a 4.5 hour 'half' IEP... then they rudely hung up> on me (there was a local somewhat silent advocate and I was via> teleconference and I'm not at all silent !). In this case after the> local advocate left and after they hung up on me they changed the date> of the completion of the IEP to Monday..and I just did this friday> !!!! It was scheduled to be completed on the 23rd of Jan so the> Behavorist that just did the FBA could make some changes and the> school psychologist could meet with the child several more times and> complete her report. As well the Man*cough*, or the Principal I> should say because I'm not sure if he is a MAN, made a teleconference> appt. with me on this coming Wed. . Then after the meeting was over> he coerced the mother into signing a statement waiving her right to 10> days notice (I don't believe a principal can change fed law with a> statement), and to hold the meeting on Mon. in about 40 hours from> now - overriding the Behavorists and the Dist Psychologists requests> to change things in Assesments and to have more time to be with the> child. This kind of activity must stop. The mother is 'sick' so she> won't be there Monday..but I WILL..by teleconference. So, their> attempt to block out Advocacy failed this time. What about the next> mother that doesn't realize she's being set up ? Is this 'normal' in> your state Lizzie ? I must say that it was one of the most> unprofessional things I have ever seen an Administrator do in regards> to IEP's - I've seen them do much worse 'in action' all over thenation.> E. , Sr.> Please go and comment to vote & Let others know ASAP to do the same> http://www.change. org/ideas/ view/accept_ and_sign_ the_autism_reform_act_ of_2009> E. , Sr. Founder The Office of Advocacy for Autistic> Children>

Ok, ! Thanks for clearing that up! Initially, I believed I read it the way you meant it but then saw Lizzie's post and thought I misinterpreted.

Lizzie.. I should have posted thisseperatly from my response to > > > Lizzie,> I am curious to know what they are using there, as in the case I'm> working on in FL. they are basically just using restraint after> Maladaptive behaviors show up.. and no real program at all. I do> agree with you especially after reviewing this case that ANY program> that has at least some 'cudo's' is better then nothing. What were> they doing ? The same CPI restraint program I'm dealing with in this> case I'm working on... I find it atrocious that some of the> Administrations not just in FL. but all over will use extreme> intimidation against parents. Targeting single mothers is even> worse..this case was a 4.5 hour 'half' IEP... then they rudely hung up> on me (there was a local somewhat silent advocate and I was via> teleconference and I'm not at all silent !). In this case after the> local advocate left and after they hung up on me they changed the date> of the completion of the IEP to Monday..and I just did this friday> !!!! It was scheduled to be completed on the 23rd of Jan so the> Behavorist that just did the FBA could make some changes and the> school psychologist could meet with the child several more times and> complete her report. As well the Man*cough*, or the Principal I> should say because I'm not sure if he is a MAN, made a teleconference> appt. with me on this coming Wed. . Then after the meeting was over> he coerced the mother into signing a statement waiving her right to 10> days notice (I don't believe a principal can change fed law with a> statement), and to hold the meeting on Mon. in about 40 hours from> now - overriding the Behavorists and the Dist Psychologists requests> to change things in Assesments and to have more time to be with the> child. This kind of activity must stop. The mother is 'sick' so she> won't be there Monday..but I WILL..by teleconference. So, their> attempt to block out Advocacy failed this time. What about the next> mother that doesn't realize she's being set up ? Is this 'normal' in> your state Lizzie ? I must say that it was one of the most> unprofessional things I have ever seen an Administrator do in regards> to IEP's - I've seen them do much worse 'in action' all over thenation.> E. , Sr.> Please go and comment to vote & Let others know ASAP to do the same> http://www.change. org/ideas/ view/accept_ and_sign_ the_autism_reform_act_ of_2009> E. , Sr. Founder The Office of Advocacy for Autistic> Children>

and others:

Why should we be "careful with educators". I think it is time that eduactors and others employed by the district needs to hear how things are around the country.

Liz

To: sList Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 8:07:54 PMSubject: Re: Lizzie.. I should have posted this seperatly from my response to

,Nice to meet you. I was typing so fast I think I slipped and spokeabout an IEP in Calif. - very intense but not in your state. Are youin Florida ? By the way I do believe educators are paid by the stateswe pay tax to and also by districts funded partially by the fed'swhich we also pay taxes to. Not to mention all the parents with homesthat pay property taxes that are almost always used for schooldistricts. So in essence we all have to realize who we work for andit isn't always the people that sign our checks. I hope all is wellin your state.> > Lizzie,> > I am curious to know what they are using there, as in the case I'm> > working on in FL. they are basically just using restraint after> > Maladaptive behaviors show up.. and no real program at all. I do> > agree with you especially after reviewing this case that ANY program> > that has at least some 'cudo's' is better then nothing. What were> > they doing ? The same CPI restraint program I'm dealing with in this> > case I'm working on... I find it atrocious that some of the> > Administrations not just in FL. but all over will use extreme> > intimidation against parents. Targeting single mothers is even> > worse..this case was a 4.5 hour 'half' IEP... then they rudely hung up> > on me (there was

a local somewhat silent advocate and I was via> > teleconference and I'm not at all silent !). In this case after the> > local advocate left and after they hung up on me they changed the date> > of the completion of the IEP to Monday..and I just did this friday> > !!!! It was scheduled to be completed on the 23rd of Jan so the> > Behavorist that just did the FBA could make some changes and the> > school psychologist could meet with the child several more times and> > complete her report. As well the Man*cough*, or the Principal I> > should say because I'm not sure if he is a MAN, made a teleconference> > appt. with me on this coming Wed. . Then after the meeting was over> > he coerced the mother into signing a statement waiving her right to 10> > days notice (I don't believe a principal can change fed law with a> > statement), and to

hold the meeting on Mon.. in about 40 hours from> > now - overriding the Behavorists and the Dist. Psychologists requests> > to change things in Assesments and to have more time to be with the> > child. This kind of activity must stop. The mother is 'sick' so she> > won't be there Monday..but I WILL..by teleconference. So, their> > attempt to block out Advocacy failed this time. What about the next> > mother that doesn't realize she's being set up ? Is this 'normal' in> > your state Lizzie ? I must say that it was one of the most> > unprofessional things I have ever seen an Administrator do in regards> > to IEP's - I've seen them do much worse 'in action' all over thenation.> > E. , Sr.> > Please go and comment to vote & Let others know ASAP to do the same> >http://www.change. org/ideas/ view/accept_ and_sign_ the_autism_ reform_act_ of_2009> > E. , Sr. Founder The Office of Advocacy for Autistic> > Children> >> >>

Cool.You'll hear from me:)

Liz.

To: sList Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 8:13:04 PMSubject: Re: Lizzie.. I should have posted this seperatly from my response to

Lizzie,Can you bring this discussion to my personal email atPeace4kidsyahoo (DOT) com. I don't want to 'upset' anyone that isn't incompliance and may be reading this with plans to take out their angeron the child... that's the last thing I want to see happen in anycase. And all to much the child will suffer the consequences ofParents looking to help their children by not letting the system runtheir lives. We have to watch for this as retaliation is one thing weMUST keep in check. I do think that many educators care intensely..Ijust think that some are using tactics that they use on their kidsthat don't pick up their toys..and parents don't deserve that.>> ,> let's see. First, is this a kid in elementary or middle? A center orgen ed school setting?> Second, the school is physically restraining him for behaviors? Whois in charge of his behavior plan? Have you talked to thatperson? What is the name of the restrain program used? Typically astudent can't be restrained unless his behavior plan states that hecan.. This is very important. What does his behavior plan call for asfar as reinforcemnt? What has the school does to try to reduce hisbehaviors? The STAR program involves teaching very, very basic skillsand will have little affect on serious behaviors. Does he have similarbehaviors at home, and if so, what do they do at home when thathappens? Is he in aftercare, and if so, what happens there? > What county is this, or

what city? > What do you mean when you say "intimidating" mom? What is thisconflict about? What does mom want that seems to be so impossible(besides from a program that helps the kid's behaviors). What does theschool want?> Why did they hang up on you? Were you angry, or did you raise yourvoice. If so, reconsider you approach. Are you professional? You needto be effective here, otherwise you won't be able to help the kid (youknow that).> The 10 day notice doesn't mean anything. Nobody can "force" mom tosign it, so she must have done that because she agreed to meet beforethe 10 days were up. This is a waiver that is legally OK, she signedit and so what. Legally the school can argue that they take case soseriously that they do not want to waist time, thereby having ameeting soon. They look good that way. Don't get caught up in detailslike that. Stick to the real issues, and

tell me what they are.> You are not sure if the principal is a MAN you say, are youindicating that he is gay? If so, then yes, it is quite possible asmany principals here are gay, and many are very successful and popular. > Why is mom being "set up", and what does that mean?> , everything is possible in this state. Let's try to make adifference.> > Lizzie> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> From: " E. , Sr." <peace4kids@ ...>> To: sList@ yahoogroups. com> Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:32:42 PM> Subject: Lizzie.. I should have posted this seperatlyfrom my response to > > > Lizzie,> I am curious to know what they are using

there, as in the case I'm> working on in FL. they are basically just using restraint after> Maladaptive behaviors show up.. and no real program at all. I do> agree with you especially after reviewing this case that ANY program> that has at least some 'cudo's' is better then nothing. What were> they doing ? The same CPI restraint program I'm dealing with in this> case I'm working on... I find it atrocious that some of the> Administrations not just in FL. but all over will use extreme> intimidation against parents. Targeting single mothers is even> worse..this case was a 4.5 hour 'half' IEP... then they rudely hung up> on me (there was a local somewhat silent advocate and I was via> teleconference and I'm not at all silent !). In this case after the> local advocate left and after they hung up on me they changed the date> of the completion of the IEP to Monday..and I

just did this friday> !!!! It was scheduled to be completed on the 23rd of Jan so the> Behavorist that just did the FBA could make some changes and the> school psychologist could meet with the child several more times and> complete her report. As well the Man*cough*, or the Principal I> should say because I'm not sure if he is a MAN, made a teleconference> appt. with me on this coming Wed. . Then after the meeting was over> he coerced the mother into signing a statement waiving her right to 10> days notice (I don't believe a principal can change fed law with a> statement), and to hold the meeting on Mon.. in about 40 hours from> now - overriding the Behavorists and the Dist. Psychologists requests> to change things in Assesments and to have more time to be with the> child. This kind of activity must stop. The mother is 'sick' so she> won't be there Monday..but I

WILL..by teleconference. So, their> attempt to block out Advocacy failed this time. What about the next> mother that doesn't realize she's being set up ? Is this 'normal' in> your state Lizzie ? I must say that it was one of the most> unprofessional things I have ever seen an Administrator do in regards> to IEP's - I've seen them do much worse 'in action' all over the nation.> E. , Sr.> Please go and comment to vote & Let others know ASAP to do the same> http://www.change. org/ideas/ view/accept_ and_sign_ the_autism_reform_act_ of_2009> E. , Sr. Founder The Office of Advocacy for Autistic> Children> > __._,_..___ > Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic > Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members

|Calendar > MARKETPLACE> > ____________ _________ _________ __> From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods > > Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) > Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switchformat to Traditional > Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe > Recent Activity> * 5> New MembersVisit Your Group > Yahoo! Health> Heartburn or Worse> What symptoms> are most serious?> Yahoo! Groups> w/ McEnroe> Join the All-Bran> Day 10 Club.> Group Charity> Citizen Schools> Best after school> program in the US> .>

Cool.You'll hear from me:)

Liz.

To: sList Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 8:13:04 PMSubject: Re: Lizzie.. I should have posted this seperatly from my response to

Lizzie,Can you bring this discussion to my personal email atPeace4kidsyahoo (DOT) com. I don't want to 'upset' anyone that isn't incompliance and may be reading this with plans to take out their angeron the child... that's the last thing I want to see happen in anycase. And all to much the child will suffer the consequences ofParents looking to help their children by not letting the system runtheir lives. We have to watch for this as retaliation is one thing weMUST keep in check. I do think that many educators care intensely..Ijust think that some are using tactics that they use on their kidsthat don't pick up their toys..and parents don't deserve that.>> ,> let's see. First, is this a kid in elementary or middle? A center orgen ed school setting?> Second, the school is physically restraining him for behaviors? Whois in charge of his behavior plan? Have you talked to thatperson? What is the name of the restrain program used? Typically astudent can't be restrained unless his behavior plan states that hecan.. This is very important. What does his behavior plan call for asfar as reinforcemnt? What has the school does to try to reduce hisbehaviors? The STAR program involves teaching very, very basic skillsand will have little affect on serious behaviors. Does he have similarbehaviors at home, and if so, what do they do at home when thathappens? Is he in aftercare, and if so, what happens there? > What county is this, or

what city? > What do you mean when you say "intimidating" mom? What is thisconflict about? What does mom want that seems to be so impossible(besides from a program that helps the kid's behaviors). What does theschool want?> Why did they hang up on you? Were you angry, or did you raise yourvoice. If so, reconsider you approach. Are you professional? You needto be effective here, otherwise you won't be able to help the kid (youknow that).> The 10 day notice doesn't mean anything. Nobody can "force" mom tosign it, so she must have done that because she agreed to meet beforethe 10 days were up. This is a waiver that is legally OK, she signedit and so what. Legally the school can argue that they take case soseriously that they do not want to waist time, thereby having ameeting soon. They look good that way. Don't get caught up in detailslike that. Stick to the real issues, and

tell me what they are.> You are not sure if the principal is a MAN you say, are youindicating that he is gay? If so, then yes, it is quite possible asmany principals here are gay, and many are very successful and popular. > Why is mom being "set up", and what does that mean?> , everything is possible in this state. Let's try to make adifference.> > Lizzie> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> From: " E. , Sr." <peace4kids@ ...>> To: sList@ yahoogroups. com> Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:32:42 PM> Subject: Lizzie.. I should have posted this seperatlyfrom my response to > > > Lizzie,> I am curious to know what they are using

there, as in the case I'm> working on in FL. they are basically just using restraint after> Maladaptive behaviors show up.. and no real program at all. I do> agree with you especially after reviewing this case that ANY program> that has at least some 'cudo's' is better then nothing. What were> they doing ? The same CPI restraint program I'm dealing with in this> case I'm working on... I find it atrocious that some of the> Administrations not just in FL. but all over will use extreme> intimidation against parents. Targeting single mothers is even> worse..this case was a 4.5 hour 'half' IEP... then they rudely hung up> on me (there was a local somewhat silent advocate and I was via> teleconference and I'm not at all silent !). In this case after the> local advocate left and after they hung up on me they changed the date> of the completion of the IEP to Monday..and I

just did this friday> !!!! It was scheduled to be completed on the 23rd of Jan so the> Behavorist that just did the FBA could make some changes and the> school psychologist could meet with the child several more times and> complete her report. As well the Man*cough*, or the Principal I> should say because I'm not sure if he is a MAN, made a teleconference> appt. with me on this coming Wed. . Then after the meeting was over> he coerced the mother into signing a statement waiving her right to 10> days notice (I don't believe a principal can change fed law with a> statement), and to hold the meeting on Mon.. in about 40 hours from> now - overriding the Behavorists and the Dist. Psychologists requests> to change things in Assesments and to have more time to be with the> child. This kind of activity must stop. The mother is 'sick' so she> won't be there Monday..but I

WILL..by teleconference. So, their> attempt to block out Advocacy failed this time. What about the next> mother that doesn't realize she's being set up ? Is this 'normal' in> your state Lizzie ? I must say that it was one of the most> unprofessional things I have ever seen an Administrator do in regards> to IEP's - I've seen them do much worse 'in action' all over the nation.> E. , Sr.> Please go and comment to vote & Let others know ASAP to do the same> http://www.change. org/ideas/ view/accept_ and_sign_ the_autism_reform_act_ of_2009> E. , Sr. Founder The Office of Advocacy for Autistic> Children> > __._,_..___ > Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic > Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members

|Calendar > MARKETPLACE> > ____________ _________ _________ __> From kitchen basics to easy recipes - join the Group from Kraft Foods > > Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) > Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switchformat to Traditional > Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe > Recent Activity> * 5> New MembersVisit Your Group > Yahoo! Health> Heartburn or Worse> What symptoms> are most serious?> Yahoo! Groups> w/ McEnroe> Join the All-Bran> Day 10 Club.> Group Charity> Citizen Schools> Best after school> program in the US> .>

One word.... retaliation. Our children (and I mean all children)

should never suffer because a parent stood up for their child's

rights. Unfortunately many times, what goes on to fight for the

child's education, can be taken out on child. It could be a bad mood,

lack of caring, defiance, refusal to follow the IEP, poor data

collection, etc, but teachers are only human and may take it out on

the child.

> and others:

>

> Why should we be " careful with educators " . I think it is time that eduactors

> and others employed by the district needs to hear how things are around the

> country.

>

> Liz

>

> ________________________________

>

> To: sList

> Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 8:07:54 PM

> Subject: Re: Lizzie.. I should have posted this seperatly from

> my response to

>