RemedySpot.com

Re: Lizzie.. I should have posted this seperatly from my response to

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Patti,

let's not go there. I too think that is a "caring and educated person". He also seems compassionate and dedicated to our cause. No wonder I find him so interesting:)

Liz

To: sList Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 3:55:40 PMSubject: RE: Lizzie.. I should have posted this seperatly from my response to

I’m not sure if I missed something…but I didn’t interpret ’s response regarding the principal as a gay bashing comment. I understood it to be that he was referring to his actions as stated in the e-mail. The messages that I have read from have only suggested to me that he is a caring and educated man who is giving extremely good advice for free!

From: sList@ yahoogroups. com [mailto: sList@ yahoogroups. com ] On Behalf Of E. , Sr.Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:33 PMTo: sList@ yahoogroups. comSubject: Lizzie.. I should have posted this seperatly from my response to

Lizzie,I am curious to know what they are using there, as in the case I'mworking on in FL. they are basically just using restraint afterMaladaptive behaviors show up.. and no real program at all. I doagree with you especially after reviewing this case that ANY programthat has at least some 'cudo's' is better then nothing. What werethey doing ? The same CPI restraint program I'm dealing with in thiscase I'm working on... I find it atrocious that some of theAdministrations not just in FL. but all over will use extremeintimidation against parents. Targeting single mothers is evenworse..this case was a 4.5 hour 'half' IEP... then they rudely hung upon me (there was a local somewhat silent advocate and I was viateleconference and I'm not at all silent !). In this case after thelocal advocate left and after they hung up on me they changed

the dateof the completion of the IEP to Monday..and I just did this friday!!!! It was scheduled to be completed on the 23rd of Jan so theBehavorist that just did the FBA could make some changes and theschool psychologist could meet with the child several more times andcomplete her report. As well the Man*cough*, or the Principal Ishould say because I'm not sure if he is a MAN, made a teleconferenceappt. with me on this coming Wed. . Then after the meeting was overhe coerced the mother into signing a statement waiving her right to 10days notice (I don't believe a principal can change fed law with astatement), and to hold the meeting on Mon.. in about 40 hours fromnow - overriding the Behavorists and the Dist. Psychologists requeststo change things in Assesments and to have more time to be with thechild. This kind of activity must stop. The mother is 'sick' so shewon't be there Monday..but I WILL..by

teleconference. So, theirattempt to block out Advocacy failed this time. What about the nextmother that doesn't realize she's being set up ? Is this 'normal' inyour state Lizzie ? I must say that it was one of the mostunprofessional things I have ever seen an Administrator do in regardsto IEP's - I've seen them do much worse 'in action' all over the nation. E. , Sr.Please go and comment to vote & Let others know ASAP to do the samehttp://www.change. org/ideas/ view/accept_ and_sign_ the_autism_ reform_act_ of_2009 E. , Sr. Founder The Office of Advocacy for AutisticChildren