RemedySpot.com

Re: +Re: +Re:Getting out of vaccinating in Miami Dade County

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Informed consent. That's all most of the opposing parents are talking about. No one has to point fingers accusingly about who is a responsible or irresponsible parent. We live in the United States of America where the last time I checked, we are free... or are we? As far as religious exemption goes, just because it may not 'fit' into a specific religion, it doesn't mean that it's not a religious exemption. I believe that I will be harming my children if I vaccinate them. I think that goes against any religion, doesn't it?

To not vaccinate your child is a difficult decision that parents don't take lightly. We have underground groups, meetings and affiliations. It's not an easy choice.

The phrase of the week is informed consent... it's our right as citizens of the United States of America. +Re: +Re:Getting out of vaccinating in Miami Dade CountyTo: sList > ,> I, too, agree with you..........there are far too many > vaccinations being > given at one time, they do need to be spaced out.......the > problem is trying > to get the insurance companies to pay.> > I get so upset when I hear of people, PARENTS, actually looking > for ways to > avoid vaccinations citing any regulation that they think will > "fit". As I > stated, IF your child has had a significant medical issue as a > TRUE result > of a vaccination, then by all means, do what you have to > do........but to > just avoid them BECAUSE **insert cause** is irresponsible. This > doesn't > just affect YOUR child.> > While I agree, children don't typically die from chicken pox, > measles, or > the flu..........there are some potentially fatal diseases that > have been > effectively erradicated through vaccinations. Pertussis is one > of them. > No, you don't have to be malnourished to die from Pertussis...........> > http://www.pertussis.com/psa60.html> > From http://www.cispimmunize.org/ill/dtp/pert/pertill.html> The Disease> > If you've ever seen a child with pertussis you, won't forget it. > The child > coughs violently and rapidly, over and over, until the air is > gone from her > lungs and she is forced to inhale with the loud "whooping" sound > that gives > the disease its nickname, Whooping Cough. Then the coughing > begins again. > These severe coughing spells can go on for weeks. The child > might turn blue > from lack of air, or vomit after a coughing spell. A child with > Whooping > Cough can have difficulty eating, drinking, or even breathing.> > > Pertussis is a very contagious disease, and one that is fairly > common in the > United States, even today. It is caused by bacteria called > Bordetella > pertussis that live in the mouth, nose, and throat. Pertussis is > spread by > personal contact, coughing and sneezing.> > > It usually takes a week to 10 days from the time a child is > exposed until > symptoms appear. At first pertussis looks like a common cold, > with sneezing, > runny nose, fever, and a mild cough. But after 1 or 2 weeks the > severe > coughing spells begin. This stage of the disease usually lasts 1 > to 6 weeks, > but can last longer.> > > After the coughing stage has passed the child usually recovers > gradually > over 2 to 3 weeks. A child with pertussis can give the disease > to another > child from about a week after exposure till about 3 weeks after > the severe > coughing starts.> > > Pertussis is most severe in infants under 1 year old. More than > half of > these infants who get the disease must be hospitalized. Older > children and > adults can get pertussis too, but it is much less severe and > might not even > be recognized as pertussis. Many infants who get pertussis catch > it from > their older brothers and sisters or from their parents.> > > Pertussis can cause serious complications. About 1 child in 10 > with > pertussis also gets pneumonia, and about 1 in every 50 will have > convulsions. In 1 out of every 250 people who get pertussis, the > brain is > affected. This is called encephalopathy. Pertussis causes about > 10-15 deaths > a year in the United States.> > U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES> Centers for Disease Control and Prevention> National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases> > > > > >