RemedySpot.com

Serious Thoughts on Group Purpose

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Bruce, Gwynne & Mama-Sher have set me thinking on the purpose of this group ...for ME....this group provides a safe place to allow my disease of IPF to be considered, discussed, supported, ameliorated as often as I like...there are NO limits on time, interest & capacity to respond to questions, anxieties & fear.

I CAN'T wear it out....people in my day-to-day life have all sorts of things they're dealing with too & I CAN wear THEM out if I truly let fly with all my feelings, questions, responses to finding myself with this disease......

On this Board if I don't feel I can help or I'm not taken up with a particular dilema Or I just plain don't want to participate in a current discussion or thread then I can use the DELETE button with no offence to anyone!

People in our lives can't do that...they live with our disease just as we do....this Board can take the pressure off them too!

There IS no DELETE button in real life!

As a member of this Board I've tended to use Humour as a way of 'leavening' a dire situation that many find themselves in. That's MY way of coping but I recognise that it's not for everyone. I apologise if I've distressed anyone who finds my humour distracting & unwarranted.

Cyber Parties were my way of attempting to make people more accessible to each other...we'll get to know each other in a different way & feel closer as a result. Once again there are some for whom this is not helpful ......I'll leave it to our wise List Moderator to judge whether these parties should occasionally happen ...the pre-Christmas Cooking Party was just an 'Off-the Cuff' idea while the New Year's Eve Party was actually suggested by other Board members & I responded in great glee!

I really appreciate this Board & hope that my contribution balances out what I gain from all of you......

Remember just use DELETE if I'm too much for some of you!

in Oz

IPF: Fibrotic NSIP/UIP???

Reynauds'

May 2007