RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: vats.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am sorry to hear you had to go through this with your mother, too. That must have been really tough. I have to say I am one of the ones that "reads everything" I can find on the Internet and it scares me to death!! Carobrett bowser wrote: -I know what you mean I wanted to know for sure , and now that I do I wish I didn't.I had a really good experience and luckily I have a really good doctor .when I went through this disease with my mother things were a lot

different then what they are now and that was only 3-yrs. ago treatments and protocol have all changed since then that's why you don't always believe everything you read on the internet almost all of it is so outdatedBRETT UIP/11/07 MI.-- In Breathe-Support , Carolyn Wade wrote:>> I can relate on the age part. I am only 46. Have had this "morning cough" that nearly makes me sick every morning for the past 5 years. They kept saying I only had asthma and COPD. Just found out about 6 months ago that it was PF. Sounds like you have a good experience with the VATS. I hope I am as fortunate as you and it is not too painful. I just wish it was over so like you I could have a diagnosis and go from there. I just hate not knowing what I am facing. > > Caro> > > brett

bowser wrote:> Hello caro > I had the vats done 2-months ago > the reason I wanted to get it done, was because without it, the doctors could not make a definitive dx. and, in order to participate in clinical trials you need to be diagnosed with the > actual type of interstitial lung disease you have. and as far as treatment goes that also > depends on the type you have . so that is why I had it done (for the trials).> > The vats was done as out patient surgery and went really well, you go to sleep and wake up > with one tube witch is the uncomfortable part I got there at 8:00 am and the chest tube was > pulled out at 9:00pm (went home that night)> > It took a good couple weeks to really go pain free .> met with the surgeon for the follow-up, about three weeks later to see how I was healing .> that's when I got the results . UIP

(familial) > > can't say it was much of a shock > Im only 40 years old so I have a long battle ahead> > BRETT> > > > > > > Caro> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06> Mississippi> > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06Mississippi

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

I was thinking of that, too!!! I am going to have a 2-hour car ride back. I am divorced since 1995 and had/have a boyfriend for the past nearly 7 years (on again, off again). I can't count on him to be there, so my mom and dad are driving me there and back. Carobrett bowser wrote: reading everything is good, but just don't believe everything you readand as far as the chest tube coming out It's not that bad it's over and out pretty quickit is

definatly a relief to get it outI just couldn't get comfortable with it inthe two hour car ride home was the worst part I think my wife hit every bump on the road- In Breathe-Support , Carolyn Wade wrote:>> I am sorry to hear you had to go through this with your mother, too. That must have been really tough. I have to say I am one of the ones that "reads everything" I can find on the Internet and it scares me to death!! > > Caro> > brett bowser wrote:> -I know what you mean I wanted to know for sure , and now that I do I wish I didn't.> I had a really good experience and luckily I have a really good doctor .> when I went through this disease with my mother things were a lot different then what > they are now and that was only

3-yrs. ago > > treatments and protocol have all changed since then > > that's why you don't always believe everything you read on the internet > almost all of it is so outdated> > BRETT UIP/11/07 MI.> > -- In Breathe-Support , Carolyn Wade <carowade4444@> wrote:> >> > I can relate on the age part. I am only 46. Have had this "morning cough" that nearly > makes me sick every morning for the past 5 years. They kept saying I only had asthma > and COPD. Just found out about 6 months ago that it was PF. Sounds like you have a > good experience with the VATS. I hope I am as fortunate as you and it is not too painful. I > just wish it was over so like you I could have a diagnosis and go from there. I just hate > not knowing what I am facing. > > > >

Caro> > > > > > brett bowser <brett.bowser@> wrote:> > Hello caro > > I had the vats done 2-months ago > > the reason I wanted to get it done, was because without it, the doctors could not make > a definitive dx. and, in order to participate in clinical trials you need to be diagnosed with > the > > actual type of interstitial lung disease you have. and as far as treatment goes that also > > depends on the type you have . so that is why I had it done (for the trials).> > > > The vats was done as out patient surgery and went really well, you go to sleep and wake > up > > with one tube witch is the uncomfortable part I got there at 8:00 am and the chest tube > was > > pulled out at 9:00pm (went home that night)> > > > It took a good couple weeks to really go pain free .> >

met with the surgeon for the follow-up, about three weeks later to see how I was > healing .> > that's when I got the results . UIP (familial) > > > > can't say it was much of a shock > > Im only 40 years old so I have a long battle ahead> > > > BRETT> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06> > Mississippi> > > > ---------------------------------> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> >> > > > > > > Caro> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06> Mississippi> > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your

homepage.>CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06Mississippi

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

joyce;sorry didn't get back with you yesterday .It is a relatively new thing to do it in one day (VATS)actually they wanted to keep me overnight but I begged and pleaded to go home and it worked (I hate hospitals)All they really worried about was the drainage of fluid in the lung and that there was no air leaks when they took the chest tube outother than that it's just rest and keep your incisions cleanand I could do that at home BRETT 40 UIP/11/07 MI.Brett,You are the only one that I know that has been "in and out" in one day! I would have been scared of complications. I had those at the hospital and spent 9 days. You were very blessed.I pray that you continue to be. Blessed, that is. Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.> > > > Hello caro > > > > I had the vats done 2-months ago > > > > the reason I wanted to get it done, was because without it, the doctors could not > > make > > > a definitive dx. and, in order to participate in clinical trials you need to be diagnosed > > with > > > the > > > > actual type of interstitial lung disease you have. and as far as treatment goes that > also > > > > depends on the type you have . so that is why I had it done (for the trials).> > > > > > > > The vats was done as out patient surgery and went really well, you go to sleep and > > wake > > > up > > > > with one tube witch is the uncomfortable part I got there at 8:00 am and the chest > > tube > > > was > > > > pulled out at 9:00pm (went home that night)> > > > > > > > It took a good couple weeks to really go pain free .> > > > met with the surgeon for the follow-up, about three weeks later to see how I was > > > healing .> > > > that's when I got the results . UIP (familial) > > > > > > > > can't say it was much of a shock > > > > Im only 40 years old so I have a long battle ahead> > > > > > > > BRETT> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > > Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06> > > > Mississippi> > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > > Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06> > > Mississippi> > > > > > ---------------------------------> > > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Caro> > Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06> > Mississippi> > > > ---------------------------------> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.> >>