RemedySpot.com

Re: SS disability benefits

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Gigi.......another 2 cents worth....gee, at this rate you won't need the disability income....I've been assisting mentally ill folks to gain Social Security Disability for 20 years. First, dealing with S.S. is a giant pain....frustrating, etc. BUT WORTH IT, in my opinion. You don't say how old you are or how long you've been in the workforce. This is a benefit that you deserve. In my experience it can go a long ways towards relieving the stress of this awful situation. It is better if you have a doctor in your corner. The important thing to remember is that even if you are denied, you must appeal. The turn-over rate (I don't have the numbers) for people that have been denied and appeal is VERY HIGH. Persistance !!! Good luck jim IPF 05 ALASKAgigi2gb wrote: Since I quit my job because of PF/ILD, its symptoms and the effects of the medications to fight it, I decided I should probably try to file for disability benefits. But I have no experience in this area. The forms that need to be completed are horrendous. I really don't think all of the information they supposedly need really should be given to them. I can understand how they need to access medical records, but checking and savings account numbers? My physician seems to think I won't qualify because of where I'm at right now. So is it worth it? It is such an invasion of privacy! If I cancel my appointment, it will

be noted as a denial of benefits. Evidently that wouldn't be good. Any advice? gigiILD 3/07

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

gigi.... I was already on S/S when I tried to apply for disability and was told I couldn't apply. One can only be on one program or another and can't change. I didn't go any farther for obvious reasons so I can't help.

Good luck though. I find we are treated like a thief in the night trying to get away with something.

Have you considered an atty? They know all the short cuts.

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

SS disability benefits

Since I quit my job because of PF/ILD, its symptoms and the effects of the medications to fight it, I decided I should probably try to file for disability benefits. But I have no experience in this area. The forms that need to be completed are horrendous. I really don't think all of the information they supposedly need really should be given to them. I can understand how they need to access medical records, but checking and savings account numbers? My physician seems to think I won't qualify because of where I'm at right now. So is it worth it? It is such an invasion of privacy! If I cancel my appointment, it will be noted as a denial of benefits. Evidently that wouldn't be good. Any advice? gigiILD 3/07