RemedySpot.com

Speech

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My 3 year old ASD son can understand everything you say... he answers YES/NO questions with 100% accuracy ... He has a vocabulary of well over 500 single words and a few phrases but he can not " speak" to you in a sentence.... he talks gibberish.... big time.... he can sit there for 10 minutes and " talk" non-stop jargon and look you right in the eye like he is telling you a story and he thinks that he is having a complete conversation with you... but it's all jargon... it makes no sense, but when you ask him something, he answers you, he understands my words with 100% accuracy.... Can anyone offer any insight to this ? Why can't my son speak normal words when he can hear them and understand them just fine ? His jargon conversations make him happy, he really thinks that he is speaking to me .... his tone does up and down and he even asks questions, but I can't understand the words obviously ... would love some input from a speech therapist...

Thanks