RemedySpot.com

Crist leaves the Disabled, Kids, & Seniors in the Dust for Big Tobacco

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Crist loves Big Tobacco Instead of the Disabled, Kids, & Seniors

Did you hear? Florida is in the midst of its worst budget crisis in memory. The state is starved for funds. Yet Gov. Crist is strongly resisting support for a proposal to increase the state's paltry cigarette tax, which ranks among the lowest in the country.

The Gov has instead opted to raid the Lawton Chiles endowment fund, which was ironically created from tobacco settlement money and designed to help children and seniors. In response to criticism from the Chiles family over misuse of the endowment, Crist offered this nugget:

“I can’t read into the mind of our former governor, god rest his soul, but I think it’s been used wisely,” Crist said.

I'm sure Big Tobacco would agree.

I would just like to get my hands on what us taxpayers over paid for his trip to Europe. This guy is REALLY beginning to piss me off (excuse my language).

Jayne

-------------- Original message from Tony T : --------------

Did you hear? Florida is in the midst of its worst budget crisis in memory. The state is starved for funds. Yet Gov. Crist is strongly resisting support for a proposal to increase the state's paltry cigarette tax, which ranks among the lowest in the country.

The Gov has instead opted to raid the Lawton Chiles endowment fund, which was ironically created from tobacco settlement money and designed to help children and seniors. In response to criticism from the Chiles family over misuse of the endowment, Crist offered this nugget:

“I can’t read into the mind of our former governor, god rest his soul, but I think it’s been used wisely,†Crist said.

I'm with you 100+%; my son is 23 yrs old and its just been horrors......I have lost his SUNCAP food stamps because he gets a check every other week from Boca Habilitation for .21 cents as payment for his "training".........lost his benefit because he makes $1 a year.....and I'm supposed to understand that. There must be something that we can do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been fighting since Jeb Bush's days....Jeb Bush acknowledged my queries about Medicaid Waiver by giving me a name of one of his cronies up there and when I contacted her, she asked me what did Gov Bush expect her to do when he knew about HIS cuts........ what a game.

I have to stop now as I would go on and on, to no avail....

(Even writing this does not make me feel any better)

Carol Huggins

Re: Crist leaves the Disabled, Kids, & Seniors in the Dust for Big Tobacco

I would just like to get my hands on what us taxpayers over paid for his trip to Europe. This guy is REALLY beginning to piss me off (excuse my language).

Jayne

-------------- Original message from Tony T : --------------

“I can’t read into the mind of our former governor, god rest his soul, but I think it’s been used wisely,†Crist said.

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.16/1843 - Release Date: 12/11/2008 8:36 AM