RemedySpot.com

Fwd: Rise Up! Have your voice about waiting lists heard!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

Dear NOWAIT Members,

We have 2 opportunities to get the waiting list and portability issues in front of the Obama transition team that involves YOU. It's time now! Many of you have wanted to do something...and this will take only a few minutes to do.

First, I have created an idea on the Obama Transition team site that needs VOTES.

http://www.change.org/ideas/view/fully_fund_medicaid_waivers_for_the_developmentally_disabled

We need over 900 votes to get to the top of the Health Care list of ideas. And WE CAN DO IT. Go there and VOTE. Then, send a message to every listserv you are on and ask others to vote. Then, if you have a web site or blog, create a widget to put on your site or blog to get others to vote. Put it on you Myspace or Facebook page. See how many votes you can find. I KNOW we can do it!

Second, go to:

http://change.gov/agenda/disabilities_agenda/

And tell your waiting list and portability story and urge change and funding.

If you read the idea I put on the site above, you will see why portability is so important if you don't know already.

Write back to this listserv and tell us what you did! Tell your stories! Make them cry! Let's go people! We can do it!

NOEWAIT organizing committee member