RemedySpot.com

Fwd: The Future of Medicine in America

Rate this topic

Guest guest

From: info@...To: badillo9@...Sent: 12/12/2008 4:55:45 P.M. Eastern Standard TimeSubj: The Future of Medicine in America

Wholistic Pediatrics Newsletter

The Future of Medicine in the USA As America is about to undergo a significant change, and with healthcare being one of the main priorities of this change, this is the time to get your thoughts known. As you may know, the economic stimulus package is being directed towards improving the quality of medical care. It sounds as if the new health care policy will be implemented early in the upcoming term. The incoming administration has set up technologies to hear the ideas of individuals and groups, without the need for lobbyists. YOU are being empowered to lobby on behalf of our children! The more they hear about a particular viewpoint, the more likely they are to take up the issue. Submissions can be brief, just a sentence or two, or you can tell your story in depth. This was covered by Senator Daschle (the leader of the healthcare policy transition team) this week. To view the video: CLICK HERE (http://change.gov/newsroom/entry/join_the_discussio n_daschles_healthcare_response/) Your comments to the administration can be submitted at : HERE (http://change.gov/page/s/healthcare).

Dr to contribute to USAAA Newsletter As part of the grassroots effort to increase advocacy for holistic and biomedical medicine, I have agreed to be a contributor to the weekly USAAA (US Autism and Asperger Association) online newsletter. This newsletter is received by 50,000 people. Among other things, we will be suggesting topics that the government needs to hear about. If you would like to receive this newsletter, please sign up at the USAAA webpage HERE (http://www.usautism.org/subscribe_weekly_news.ht m)

Dr submissions to change.gov Below you will find the first few submissions that I have made to www.change.gov. There are other important topics that they need to hear about. Speak up now. The more that they hear about the things that are important to us, the more likely it is that we can make a change. Please feel free to build up on my ideas. Also feel free to use my name in any message. Perhaps the new administration will want to speak with me directly.

Covering Wholistic and Biomedical Therapies

Hello:

Thank you for the opportunity to allow all people to actively participate in the future of America. I am Board Certified Pediatrician who practices integrative medicine, with a focus on nutrition and detoxification for children with Autism and other special needs. I also am provide primary care for families who are taking a more holistic approach to health. Up until this point I have worked solely on a fee for service basis, and I do not accept any insurances. I work on a prorated fee of $180 per 30 minutes. While I have a full practice with a waiting list for new patients going into next summer, I would love to be able to train other practitioners to be able to offer this sought-after service to a wider number of patients. I typically spend 45-60 minutes with each new family of children with special needs, 30-45 minutes for children requiring well-child checkups, and 15-30 minutes with for a sick visit. On average my schedule is full with 6-8 patients a day. I currently use an electronic medical records system, although it is not the most up to date system out there. I employ a nurse, a medical assistant, two front office staff and a patient liaison. In the past, when I have looked at the reimbursement fees offered by Medicaid and most insurances, there was no way that I could provide the medical care that my patient's families are desiring and stay in business. Will the new national health care plan be as such so that I and other doctors who share my philosophy are able to participate? I would be happy to engage in further discussions on this. Also, if not currently being addressed, there needs to be a way that the electronic medical system will allow for the tracking of Complementary and Alternative Therapies, in particular nutritional supplements. Sincerely, Berger, MD

Comments regarding the appointment of the head of the USDA

Please make sure that anyone who is brought in to head the USDA has a firm understanding as to why many Americans demand quality organic foods and why it should be available. Unless he disavows his prior statements, bringing in someone such as Rep. Collin would be most problematic. He has stated "For whatever reason, people are willing to pay two or three times as much for something that says 'organic' or 'local'. Far be it from me to understand what that's about, but that's reality. And if people are dumb enough to pay that much then hallelujah." He would be completely insensitive to Americans who want foods that are grown in soils that are not depleted of essential nutrients or are not sprayed with pesticides, or livestock that is not fed antibiotics or steroids. Berger, MD

Comments on Vaccine Safety

Hello: I am a board certified pediatrician who has an integrative/holistic medical practice. I am not opposed to the concept of giving vaccines, but I think we need to take a new, serious look at how vaccines are interacting with our children. With the exception of tetanus, children do not contract diseases through injection. There is a reason why the respiratory and intestinal tracts have specialized white blood cells and antibodies that serve as our first line of defense, and when these mechanisms are bypassed, an artificial immunity is created. We have no idea what the actual consequences of this is. How many children with a particular genetic predisposition and/or environmental exposure then have an atypical immune response when injected with vaccines? We don't know because the research has not been done. Therefore we are using the children of America (and the world) as history's largest group of guinea pigs. I have cared for almost 2000 children with autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders and there is no doubt in my mind that a significant number of these cases were initiated or exacerbated by vaccines. I also feel that many other conditions that are epidemics, all which in some way involve a dysregulated immune system, may be exacerbated or increased by vaccines. I know that the desire for the new health care administration is to have an evidence based approach. I would like to direct your attention to the scientific evidence I presented to Florida Governor Christ's Autism Task Force at the University of South Florida in September 2008. The Power Point Presentation can be found by clicking here: The Biological Plausibility of a Relationship Between Vaccines & Autism (www.slideshare.net/drdavid999 /92008-vaccines-and-autism-presentation) . Also the video for the presentation can be found by clicking here: Autism Task Force Video (http://www.vimeo.com/2504978). Here you will find medical abstracts that show that vaccines have been associated with the induction of autoimmune diseases, how vaccines induce the production of white blood cells that are involved in autoimmune disease and how a subset of children with Autism have evidence of autoimmune disease directed against blood vessels of the brain as well as certain proteins in the brain. There is research from Columbia University with a mouse model showing mice who are predisposed to autoimmune diseases became autistic when exposed to weight adjusted vaccines doses.

There is also information about the effects of vaccines on mitochondria and how this has been documented to cause symptoms of autism, in particular in the case of Hannah Poling. Although the government claims that mitochondrial disease is rare, tests that I run at standard labs indicate that more than 20% of children with autism have at least some evidence of mitochondrial dysfunction. I also present information relating to mercury. While I am happy to know that I no longer am injecting mercury into children, for us to say that we know thimerosal was not a contributing factor when children are still exposed to mercury in- utero and through coal emissions, would be an inaccuracy. This problem goes way beyond autism, as has been shown in the Canadian study that by just delaying vaccines from 2 months to 4 months that the rate of asthma was cut in half. And I assume you are aware of the new research from the Department of Defense showing increased morbidity associated with multiple vaccines being given at the same time. RElative to older children and adults, babies are born with imbalances in their immune system, and this is the same imbalance that can be seen in people who have autoimmune diseases. In addition to giving too many vaccines at once (we introduce foods to babies one at a time to watch for reactions why would we not do this for vaccines?) I wonder if we are starting to give the vaccines too early in life. There needs to be a tremendous increase in research of the association between vaccines and multiple chronic disorders including Autism so that we can hopefully come up with a safer vaccine schedule . Please make as a priority investigating how vaccines may actually be contributing to the chronic diseases of childhood.

Sincerely, Berger, MD Tampa, FL

Contact Information

email: info@...

web: http://www.wholisticpeds.com

Join our mailing list!

Forward email

This email was sent to badillo9@... by info@....

Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribeâ„¢ | Privacy Policy.

Email Marketing by

Berger, MD | Wholistic Pediatrics | 3341W Bearss Avenue | Tampa | FL | 33618 Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.