RemedySpot.com

FWD from Armede from Sher

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Group... I'm fwd. an email from Armede for those who know her.

I'm doing better than I was last year. Much better shape. I have many dear friends here in Seattle who are amazing support for me. I have a primary MD, but still havent found a pulmo who will address the plueral plaque on my lungs. It's still very difficult to get anyone to document it as asbestosis. They all say it to my face, but don't want their DX questioned in court so they won't say the "A" word.

Which means no treatment. No pulmo rehab. And Medicaid that only lasts 6 months at a time. They finally stopped trying to pull my o2. I was fortunate enough to have access to the internet and the Medicaid criteria for them paying for o2 and hold the county hospital accountable. I feel for those who don't have access. A large amount of COPD deaths, they have reported, are do to not having access to o2.

My FLV is still good, my DLCO is not. I'm walking with the assistance of a walker these days. On o2 when I eat, talk or move around. I'm fatigues a lot. In a brain fog a lot of the time, but my biggest issue is the pain. The plueral plaque rubs up against my intercostal tissue, muscles when ever I breath deep, eat or sing. When I lay on my back, sides, lean against a chair, lean back into a dentist chair, am jarred up and down in a car. Costo to the 9th degree I guess. Has shot my blood pressure way up. Last ER visit my it toped off at 210 over 160. I can't afford the lido-derm patches I need.

I had a pretty bad flight experience recently that dropped my o2 to 70. I stopped monitoring at 70% because I figured cranking up my o2 whould either work or it wouldn't. The pulmo said I only needed it at 1.5 during take off and decent. The flight down to California went well, but on the way back up my o2 took a dive for some reason. I never did get it back up out of the low 80's while on the plane. I sure wasn't ready for that. I have no idea how they decide who can fly and who can't. Meanwhile, I'm doing a lot of art. Hoping to go someplace with it.

Anyway, how about yourself? How are you these days?

Armede

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!