RemedySpot.com

stages

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Do some people work out their own stages rather than following the pecanbread chart stages?

I think from what I'm reading that some people need to go by what is best for them.

If the stages are not as important as finding out what I tolerate and don't tolerate, then it will be easier for me to eat more of a variety of food. I already know a lot about which foods I tolerate and which ones I don't. I suppose it's best for me to keep going back and forth reading between the book recommendations for beginners and the stages in the pecanbread chart, and to figure out things myself.

For example:

I have a long history of not tolerating dairy and eggs; beef and pork; fruits and juices. Although I can eat eggs a little now, and I'm doing better with fruits, I still don't eat dairy, beef, pork, oranges, and don't usually drink juices. I think I may be able to tolerate dairy a little bit better than I used to, and I sure would like to be able to.

I don't intend to try making yogurt yet. When I do, it'll likely be nut yogurt.

I will likely do better on turkey, sole, zucchini, carrots, asparagus, and squash, rather than if I use much grape juice, apples, yogurt, eggs, beef, or pork. I just went to the store and I found some baby organic spinach, so I'm going to add them to the list.

There is no organic zucchini around right now, but I have a little in the refrigerator to use up, so that's one reason I want to begin now, instead of waiting for a few days which I originally intended to do. I do well on zucchini, carrots, sole, and turkey, and that's what I have in my fridge.

If I follow the pecanbread site stages:

My Intro day or two will likely be: turkey, sole, and carrots. I don't know if I'll get broth made or not. If I could add zucchini, it would help. I noticed that Marilyn said lemon juice to Ellen, so I don't know if I could use it during the Intro days or not. I often use lemon juice before a meal for digestive purposes.

I have not been able to find organic grape juice in a glass jar recently. Welch's is in plastic in my stores, and I assume it's not organic, so I'd like to avoid using it. But I have some 100% organic grape juice which I froze, so I think I'm going to dilute it and use it in order to keep me happy.:-)

My Stage 1 days will likely be: sole, turkey, carrots, zucchini, spinach, maybe chicken, maybe green beans, maybe 1/2 banana if the bananas ripen, and perhaps pearsauce. However, I might do better, if I could eat squash, asparagus, and other veggies, but I think they are later, if I follow the chart. I'm getting the idea that lemon juice might be okay.

I'm nervous and excited!

Louise

Vancouver Island

food sensitivities and candida

ME/CFS, MCS, FM--severely ill since 1973

scd--Feb. 25/08 (I think!)

---- Original message ----

>Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 21:40:27 -0600

>

>Subject: Re: stages

>To: BTVC-SCD

>

> I believe the broth is pretty important as it is

> supposed to be good for inflammation. Same for the

> gelatin, I think.

> Susie

>

> Louise wrote:

>

> Do some people work out their own stages rather

> than following the pecanbread chart stages?

>

> I think from what I'm reading that some people

> need to go by what is best for them.

Yeah, the stages are just a suggested order. The important

thing is what works for you and not introducing everything

at once.

OTOH, I've also found, as have

many others, that one reacts to things differently after

being on the diet, so that's a point to consider as well; not

everything that worked before may work (as well) afterwards.

Regards,

Mara

Just to make sure I understand, you don't have to have an Intro diet at all. Just eat anything that you want as long as it's on the legal list?Is that correct?Thanks,Susie

Hi Susie,

I dont think you got that one right. Do you have a copy of BTVC yet? The intro diet, I thought was important. Some people chose to skip the intro but that is their own choice. The diet calls for frantic adherence to achieve results, so I think by skipping or cheating in the beginning is a bad idea.

All The Best, LouDelicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

Susie, Yes you should do the intro diet. the book says from 1-5 days. It is the stages that are listed on pecanbread that are not necessary. They are not from Elaine, I've read that she didn't like them because there are foods that are not even listed and she didn't want people to limit their diet. So it is very much an individual thing on the foods that you can tolerate. the stages are just guidelines if you choose to use them. Katy

Just to make sure I understand, you don't have to have an Intro diet at all. Just eat anything that you want as long as it's on the legal list?Is that correct?Thanks,Susie

_____________________________________________________________Live your dreams. Click here for information on how to make millions by network marketing.

Even though I read the book, I had overlooked the part about the intro in the BTVC. I found out about it in one of my Myspace groups. I started SCD on Jan 5 08 but wasn't really seeing any results from it until I started doing the intro diet. I've been pretty much stuck on it since Feb 5; however, I have been almost totally pain and symptom free. Taking it slow really helps. So I too, think the intro was very very important to promote the healing in my gut that I needed. Misty Kimble , LA CD SCD - Jan 5 08KitCabSource@... wrote: In a message dated 2/25/2008 8:33:33 AM Eastern Standard Time, hayley3psci (DOT) net writes: Just to make sure I understand, you don't have to have an Intro diet at all. Just eat anything that you want as long as it's on the legal list?Is that correct?Thanks,Susie Hi Susie, I dont think you got that one right. Do you have a copy of BTVC yet? The intro diet, I thought was important. Some people chose to skip the intro but that is their own choice. The diet calls for frantic adherence to achieve results, so I think by skipping or cheating in the beginning is a bad idea. All The Best, Lou Delicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.