RemedySpot.com

Re: continuous yawning

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi!If your child has no history of heart disease or seizure activity, and isn't on any meds that could cause it, you may want to make sure he is getting enough fluids throughout the day. Is he well hydrated and taking enough fluids?When we took milk out of my son's diet, he wouldn't substitute water, juice etc. and he yawned a lot. Our Pediatrician said he was dehydrated and that caused it. I had him drink at least 4 glasses of some type of beverage every day and it helped. G.Subject: continuous yawningTo: sList Date: Sunday, October

26, 2008, 10:29 AM

Hi,

Anyone have any knowledge of or about bouts of continuous yawning?

My son, several months ago, had an afternoon where he yawned continuously and just could not seem to get enough air. We were concerned but it did not appear to be seizure-like activity as he has no history or other symptoms of that. He was still focused and alert during this period of time.

We have recently begun to eliminate casein/dairy from his diet as we believe it has been a contributing factor to his chronic eczema and we want to check for different food intolerances.

It has been one week that we have decreased his access to casein/dairy and on Friday, he yawned again all day. He was busy as it was a camp day and it offers a lot of physical exercise. So, I thought nothing of it, as I just assumed he was legitimately tired.

He did not yawn on Saturday and at a birthday party he had cake and ice cream (obviously casein/dairy products). He woke up today (Sunday) yawning excessively again. He seems to not be getting enough oxygen and can remain with his mouth open for awhile waiting for a yawn.

Perhaps not relevant but we did read about withdrawal symptoms from casein/gluten (the peptides that seem to be related to morphine like symptoms) and it indicated that yawning, among other symptoms, was involved with this withdrawal.

Anyone have any experience with this? We obviously plan to take him to his pediatrician asap to rule out any other issues. But considered biomedical interventions and removing an addictive food as being a possibility.

Thanks for your input!