RemedySpot.com

Re: Is autism a disease?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Autism is an autoimmune disorder whether psychologists want to believe that....and the US Supreme court rule in 1991 that Autism is no longer a mental health disorder but a biological disorder.

Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out Today's Hot 5 Travel Deals!

Autism is an autoimmune disorder whether psychologists want to believe that....and the US Supreme court rule in 1991 that Autism is no longer a mental health disorder but a biological disorder.

Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out Today's Hot 5 Travel Deals!

not sure I get this...autism is a medical diagnosis in the DSM IV.Subject: Re: Is autism a disease?To: sList Date: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 4:43 PM

Thank you for this list. I will add it to my ownLOL..I didn't see Pica in the list, but my daughter has this too. Besides what you listed I also want to add to it...the non- medical aspects.

1. Parents who have truly learned the meaning to unconditional love

2. Sweet smiles

3. Caring hearts

4. giggles(sometimes too many./lol)

5. The ability to teach the world we all need to make great changes to our enviornment

6. How the world views all types of disabilities

7. They are changing the way the world views disabilities.

8. Making insurance companies hear our cries for help

9. Changing the way doctors listen, and making earlier diagnosis

10. Most of all.... never forgetting hearing a first word, word once lost, hug you thought you might never get, or seeing your child old his/her siblings hand.

Despite all the bad..there is always good too. We should never let the good outway the bad.

Thank you for your list, I sure have a lot to add to it too; but at the end of even my worse of days I will somehow forget what doctors will refuse to call a disease and instead just call it a day.

All my thought of hope for a better future,

Kriss

From: Diane <Wamtzembellsouth (DOT) net>To: sList@ yahoogroups. comSent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:04:54 AMSubject: Is autism a disease?

Here is the list..of what autism REALLY is...1. Chronic burning diarrhea2. Constipation with grapefruit-sized blockage3. Intestinal diverticuli4. Seizures (petit mal, grand mal, tonic, clonic)5. 75% under normal body weight/or overweight with no muscle tone6. Lesions lining intestinal mucosa7. Eosophineal esophagitis8. Food texture sensivitiy and swallowing difficulty9. Asthma and reactive airway disorder10. Allergies to foods, fabrics, toys11. Immune dysfunction12. Chronic sinus infections13. Chronic upper respiratory infections14. Cycling viruses15. PANDAS (strep)16. Vitamin and mineral deficiencies17. Yeast overgrowth18. Kryptopyrrole overload19. Phenol sensitivity20. Liver and kidney stress21. Precocious puberty22. Thyroid malfunction23. Brain lesions with demyelination24. PKU unrecognized in "typical tests"25. Mitochondrial disorders26.

Autonomic Dysfunction27. Heart problems28. Flat Feet/Orthopedic/ Arthritic29. Adrenal Gland disorder30. Borreliosis/ TBD31. Demyelination32. Hyperperfusion in brain33. Inability to sweat34, Hyperacusis35. Metallothionein deficiency36. s idiopathic autism37. Purine Disorders38. Mitochondrial Kreb Cycle Problems39. Vascular Damage40. Birth Injured41. Terbatuline injured/Pitocin Injured42. Toxic or inabilty to detox43. Low Glutathione44. High Iron/Hemachromatosi s/Anemia (looks like ANemia)45. Hypergammaglobulenm ia46. Bone Density Problems47. Connective Tissue Disorder, MCT (multiple connective tissue disorder)48. Blindness/Deafness/ Trisomy49. Oxidative Stress50. Sleep Disorders51. Hyperperfusion/ White Matter Disease/Myelination /Axons atrophy52. Chiari Malformation53. Cerebellum atrophy54. Neuroborreliosis/ Mycoplasma

infection55. Ataxia56. Celiac/IBD57. Folate Metabolism problems58. Cholesterol problems/Cystein59. Toxin Adducts60. Tourrette's Syndrome61. GULF WAR VET SYNDROME (the children who get it from parents, or MYCOPLASMA F)62. TUBEROUS SCLEROSIS63. PRADER WILL SYNDROME64. Lesch-Nyan syndrome 65. FRAGILE X66. SAVANTS (MATH, ART, MEMORY for example)67. Some would debate this, but ADHD/ADD68. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder69. Osteogenesis Imperfecta (Multiple collagen development problems)70. Rett Syndrome71. SSPE (the result of slow viral measles in brain)72. Mega/Microcaphaly73. Elective Mutism74. Childhood Schizophrenia75. Affective Disorder76. Hyperacusis77. Tinninitus78. MS (found sometimes in older autistics)79. neurofibromatosis80. Obesity/Poor Growth81. Hormone Imbalances82. Cancers (because of PTEN gene)83. Aspergers (of course)84.

Brain Stem Nuclei Disorder85. Asphyxia (due to birth injury by cord clamp)86. social anxiety disorder/OCD87. JOB SYNDROME/Hyper IgE88. SCID, CVID and or other immune disorders89. Apraxia90. Hypotonia91. Cognitive dysfunction92. Encephalopathy93. Food AllergiesIs autism a disease? D'YA THINK?

Yes I know. thank you for your reply. what I meant was even though it is a medical diagnosis autism does not define every aspect of the children who suffer from it. I think we forget that sometimes.

Kriss

To: sList Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:46:54 PMSubject: Re: Is autism a disease?

not sure I get this...autism is a medical diagnosis in the DSM IV.

From: e Silva <mylittleskydreams@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: Is autism a disease?To: sList@ yahoogroups. comDate: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 4:43 PM

Thank you for this list. I will add it to my ownLOL..I didn't see Pica in the list, but my daughter has this too. Besides what you listed I also want to add to it...the non- medical aspects.

2. Sweet smiles

3. Caring hearts

5. The ability to teach the world we all need to make great changes to our enviornment

10. Most of all.... never forgetting hearing a first word, word once lost, hug you thought you might never get, or seeing your child old his/her siblings hand.

Despite all the bad..there is always good too. We should never let the good outway the bad.

Thank you for your list, I sure have a lot to add to it too; but at the end of even my worse of days I will somehow forget what doctors will refuse to call a disease and instead just call it a day.

Kriss

From: Diane <Wamtzembellsouth (DOT) net>To: sList@ yahoogroups. comSent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 1:04:54 AMSubject: Is autism a disease?

Here is the list..of what autism REALLY is...1. Chronic burning diarrhea2. Constipation with grapefruit-sized blockage3. Intestinal diverticuli4. Seizures (petit mal, grand mal, tonic, clonic)5. 75% under normal body weight/or overweight with no muscle tone6. Lesions lining intestinal mucosa7. Eosophineal esophagitis8. Food texture sensivitiy and swallowing difficulty9. Asthma and reactive airway disorder10. Allergies to foods, fabrics, toys11. Immune dysfunction12. Chronic sinus infections13. Chronic upper respiratory infections14. Cycling viruses15. PANDAS (strep)16. Vitamin and mineral deficiencies17. Yeast overgrowth18. Kryptopyrrole overload19. Phenol sensitivity20. Liver and kidney stress21. Precocious puberty22. Thyroid malfunction23. Brain lesions with demyelination24. PKU unrecognized in "typical tests"25. Mitochondrial disorders26.

Autonomic Dysfunction27. Heart problems28. Flat Feet/Orthopedic/ Arthritic29. Adrenal Gland disorder30. Borreliosis/ TBD31. Demyelination32. Hyperperfusion in brain33. Inability to sweat34, Hyperacusis35. Metallothionein deficiency36. s idiopathic autism37. Purine Disorders38. Mitochondrial Kreb Cycle Problems39. Vascular Damage40. Birth Injured41. Terbatuline injured/Pitocin Injured42. Toxic or inabilty to detox43. Low Glutathione44. High Iron/Hemachromatosi s/Anemia (looks like ANemia)45. Hypergammaglobulenm ia46. Bone Density Problems47. Connective Tissue Disorder, MCT (multiple connective tissue disorder)48. Blindness/Deafness/ Trisomy49. Oxidative Stress50. Sleep Disorders51. Hyperperfusion/ White Matter Disease/Myelination /Axons atrophy52. Chiari Malformation53. Cerebellum atrophy54. Neuroborreliosis/ Mycoplasma

infection55. Ataxia56. Celiac/IBD57. Folate Metabolism problems58. Cholesterol problems/Cystein59. Toxin Adducts60. Tourrette's Syndrome61. GULF WAR VET SYNDROME (the children who get it from parents, or MYCOPLASMA F)62. TUBEROUS SCLEROSIS63. PRADER WILL SYNDROME64. Lesch-Nyan syndrome 65. FRAGILE X66. SAVANTS (MATH, ART, MEMORY for example)67. Some would debate this, but ADHD/ADD68. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder69. Osteogenesis Imperfecta (Multiple collagen development problems)70. Rett Syndrome71. SSPE (the result of slow viral measles in brain)72. Mega/Microcaphaly73. Elective Mutism74. Childhood Schizophrenia75. Affective Disorder76. Hyperacusis77. Tinninitus78. MS (found sometimes in older autistics)79. neurofibromatosis80. Obesity/Poor Growth81. Hormone Imbalances82. Cancers (because of PTEN gene)83. Aspergers (of course)84.

Brain Stem Nuclei Disorder85. Asphyxia (due to birth injury by cord clamp)86. social anxiety disorder/OCD87. JOB SYNDROME/Hyper IgE88. SCID, CVID and or other immune disorders89. Apraxia90. Hypotonia91. Cognitive dysfunction92. Encephalopathy93. Food AllergiesIs autism a disease? D'YA THINK?

Yes I know. thank you for your reply. what I meant was even though it is a medical diagnosis autism does not define every aspect of the children who suffer from it. I think we forget that sometimes.

Kriss

To: sList Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 4:46:54 PMSubject: Re: Is autism a disease?

not sure I get this...autism is a medical diagnosis in the DSM IV.

From: e Silva <mylittleskydreams@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: Is autism a disease?To: sList@ yahoogroups. comDate: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 4:43 PM

2. Sweet smiles

3. Caring hearts

Kriss