RemedySpot.com

Re:

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I went to an Obama rally and saw him exhibit similar behavior to my friend's son who is wheelchair used and has a tracheotomy too. Obama was gentle, kind, held his hand and asked him how he was and if there was anything he needed. The compassion from his heart was real and moving!TonySubject: Re: To: sList Date: Wednesday, October 29, 2008, 4:28 PM

Hi,

I will pass this story along. tears filled my eyes when I read your story. thank you so much for sharing it with me. I hope you can somehow get a hold of a video tape of this. I am sure there is one out there! Yesterday I spent two hours in the voting line. Not for me, but in the hopes someone will finally at least try to make a difference. I have heard a few others stories about Mr. Obama, but not quite like yours. Please tell your daughter she def. had the angels around her! thank God she was not hurt!

AS I made my way to the voting polls, after weeks of "knowing" the facts..I still didn't know who to choose. I have never votes before. EVER. I hate to say it, but I went on pure instint this this , despite all the promises for either side. Then I pictured my sweet little girl, and tought of Obama. Thats how I decided on my vote. As strange as that may seem, it is def.s stories like yours that lead me to the polls to begin with, and made me cast my vote for the first time. Now all we can do is pray we make the right choice. Thank you so much for your story, and thank your daughter for me too,

Kriss

PS> You have to share this with more people, have you contacted the news about it yet? If not..I am telling you..please do it. Your daughter was not overlooked, I can only dream this too will one day happen for all our children suffering.

From: "Blanco, Sherry" <sblanco@browardheal th.org>To: sList@ yahoogroups. comSent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:04:32 AMSubject:

Yesterday, October, 21, 2008, Barack Obama came to visit Lake Worth , at Palm Beach Community College . My daughter, who has spina bifida and is a wheelchair-bound paraplegic, attends school there. She was awaiting his arrival in front of a long line of other people. When he arrived, she was able to see him get out of his vehicle. The next thing she knew the crowd engulfed her and pushed her out of the way so they could get close to Mr.Obama. Somehow, with everything else Mr.Obama had on his mind at this busy time, he was attentive to the situation. My daughter said, "He (Mr. Obama) grabbed me from the crowd and pulled me away from all of the people who were pushing me out of the way. He hugged me and whispered in my ear, "When I become president things will be better for you." She told me that

she was so

overwhelmed all she could do was cry. Then he hugged her again, and personally wheeled her wheelchair into the building, gave her two t-shirts and instructed the secret service to assist her to the VIP section, which is where she sat to watch the speech. I called everyone I know and shared this touching story because it speaks volumes to me, much more than any campaign speech, commercial, or debate. We were lucky enough to have a personal experience with Barack Obama, the man...the human. I am so overwhelmed that he was perceptive enough to observe what was happening to my daughter (as she was being swallowed by the thoughtless crowd) and that he took the time to remedy the situation (even though he was running late that very busy day.) This gave me insight into the type of person he is in everyday life. He didn't have to go into the

crowd and save her, he could have pretended he didn't see her and go about his business, or he could have instructed the secret service to help her. But, he didn't. He took his time and made a difference.. .right there...right then...no fancy campaign speech, no media coverage...just his true essence, shinning through, with an incredible act of kindness that one Tuesday Morning. I felt compelled to share this story with others, so they too, can get a glimpse of the inner essence of this man. It is not often we have the opportunity to see the true nature of a person making a spontaneous choice in a difficult situation. Mr. Obama's choice lets me know that he is attentive to his environment, willing to get involved, compassionate, and will make a change...even in the seemingly small problems of everyday life. Barack Obama, won this our hearts, because of this seemingly simple act

of kindness to our daughter who was being swallowed by a thoughtless crowd. If he would stand up for her like he did, I now believe without ANY doubt he would stand up for this country and do the right thing. Mr. Obama you have my vote. You touched us beyond what I can express with mere words. Dawn Leacock Please share our story...pass it on.......... ......... ......... .- ------------ --------- --------- --------- -------Broward Health