RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: zena

Rate this topic

Guest guest

May, I agree-depressing, depressing! Each time I go to the doctor I get the weight recommendations too. And I leave feeling like a crumb cake criminal. I do exercise and have gone from walking 1/2 mile in 30 minutes to 2 miles in 40 ( yeah) but because the rest of my life is mainly sitting and I am on prednisone, losing weight has been such a slow process. I expect other people to not be supportive but somehow you would think that those in the medical community would realize how hard it is to lose weight when you have to move at a snail's pace. And the really bad part is that each time they lecture me I am so angry I want to retaliate by eating more goodies. Take care and don't let them get to you too much- Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California Re: zena

just back from my surgery this morning after getting blood taken and

i take that back about the nurse who took the blood (being good to

deal with).

i used her scales to check my weight and she proceeded to lecture me

on how easy it was to lose weight. she is currently trying to lose 2

stone and is going to weight watchers (i dont want to go to them

because they are expensive and i dont have an income and they are on

at night and i dont want to go out at night in winter to crowded

places).

i kept repeating it wasn't about the eating for me just now but the

exercise and she said that she didn't exercise either and i should

still be losing weight without moving. my point was i do but its not

being able to 'go' all day like her (with lungs that work) - anyway

as always you think of what to say when you come out dont you. i

should have pointed out that if it was so easy why did she have to

lose it in the first place.

she upset me today. i felt like a criminal then when i left a

prescription at reception the receptionist bit my head off. do you

think they are pissed at being back at work after the holidays and we

are the easy targets. i met my daughter's future mother in law last

night too and she was questioning me about my diet too. she is a

social worker and it felt like an interview. thought i liked her

last time i met her, now i'm not so sure.

may

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > i'm glad you are feeling a bit better. how's the wisdom tooth?

> > > > i didn't watch dr who this year - i'm sure it will be

repeated.

> > > >

> > > > in your msg to me you looked as if you were cut off mid

sentance.

> > > > have you been taking your scriptions today?

> > > >

> > > > may

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

you go may Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." joyceits all round my middle and i have actually lost half a stone in the last month. i do hide it well. another stone brings me down to just under 12 which will bring me under a bmi of 30 (they will start evaluation then) but i want at least another 1.5 stone before rosanna's wedding in june. i'm wearing 18's that are a bit loose and would be happy with a loose 14.the thing is i've done all the hard part. in this last year i stopped eating processed crap. i survived for years on ready meals. ive learned to make soup, curries from scratch and came up with loads of juicy roasted veg with no oil. andy can hardly wait to get home to see what he's getting for his tea. ive cut out dairy which i believe helps with the mucous (esp for bronchietasis). a lot of people dont think it helps but for me it works. i have cut out almost all wheat and apart from a bit of mozarella and a breakfast bread roll i dont even miss them anymore. i have also cut out most salt and have been buying, trying and using loads of spices. i've even been having green veg soup and enjoying it. i just need a bit of time now for it all to come together.i think my daughter's future mum in law last night questioning me about my diet didn't help. i dont think i like that wummin. any advice for dealing with your children's in-laws? is it too much to expect to have a nice relationship with them.i hope you have fully recovered from your brush with the humidifier. when i got the concentrator delivered recently i asked the man about the water bottle and he told me it wasn't necessary and then got rude when i pushed it. my understanding is i dont need to really think about that until i'm up to 5litres. although i dont like being 'limited' (love it), sometimes there are wee bright spots. being young and less cowed than my mates at pulmonary rehab who feel guilty about having copd, i told this horrible oxygen guy that his manner was completely wrong for someone who was in a patients home. he tried to argue with me that he wasn't rude and i was able to quote back verbatim what he had said earlier that so showed up his sarcastic patronising manner and he was speechless. as i walked him to the door he started to say 'i apologise if you think i was rude but......' whereupon i cut in and told him 'thank you for your apology. goodbye. mayps sandie: i dont get it. succotash. is it an americanism????> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > i'm glad you are feeling a bit better. how's the wisdom tooth?> > > > > > i didn't watch dr who this year - i'm sure it will be> > repeated.> > > > > >> > > > > > in your msg to me you looked as if you were cut off mid> > sentance.> > > > > > have you been taking your scriptions today?> > > > > >> > > > > > may> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>