RemedySpot.com

Re: doctors.....yuck.........

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh Sandie,

I am so cross and frustrated on your behalf here

Is there anywhere you can go and stamp your foot and demand all the tests and scans to give you some information sooner rather than later?

Love Ze xx>> Well it was what i figured the appt was to be. I dont know I just > cant get my hopes up to much with these doctors. I suspect whatever > I have will sit and drive me miserable for awhile before they are > able to see what it is and do something about. He was a nice > doctor. Did an exam and said he wanted to check two things, one a > blood test for emphasyma he said he does it on all his patients but > secondly he said your tests show you have the beginning of emphasyma -> he said did they tell you that, I said no they didnt. So he said I > really quit smoking at the best time possible for me and to not > start. he said this blood test will tell him if I have a genetic it > gene for emphasyma if I do he said we want to know this now and not > in 20 years. He also ordered the exercise stress test. He said lets > see what you can do, lets see if its your heart or lungs or if its > neither and rule some of this out for you so then you know.> > He said unfortunatly with people who have auto-immune issues he has > seen it take a few years up to five years before anything of > signifigance shows up before they know what it is to treat. > > So I will go to that test, and see the GI doc at the end of the month > and then I will just see my regular GP until something major > happens. And just document things there really isnt anything I can > do about it. My GP called last night my other tests were fine, and I > told her about the lung appt she said yep this thing is going to be > just like the RA and hide until its beyond miserable and then we will > find it. > > So still no diagnosis and I still have to suffer. He did tell me to > do some 40-80 minutes of cardio workout a day he said 9 out of 10 > people are out of shape. I just looked at him. I think I know if I > was out of shape I hardly think I am that out of shape. But whatever > I will do my best.> > Thanks for listening!> > Sandie>

Thanks I am sticking here your probably the ones who will put up

with me anyways. Plus you feel like your insane because they cant

see anything. It is a shame that in todays world with all the

technology that one must have to endure what a lot of us endure. Sad

but something I have come to accept.

I thought the same thing about the exercise thing saying gee I work 2

jobs, go to college full time have 3 kids, 2 grandkids, and all the

responsibilities of all that what would you like me to be doing for

exercise? I guess the cardio stuff is what he wants.

Odd world we live in so I am coming to OZ...

Sandie

> >

> > Well it was what i figured the appt was to be. I dont know I just

> > cant get my hopes up to much with these doctors. I suspect

whatever

> > I have will sit and drive me miserable for awhile before they are

> > able to see what it is and do something about. He was a nice

> > doctor. Did an exam and said he wanted to check two things, one a

> > blood test for emphasyma he said he does it on all his patients

but

> > secondly he said your tests show you have the beginning of

emphasyma -

> > he said did they tell you that, I said no they didnt. So he said I

> > really quit smoking at the best time possible for me and to not

> > start. he said this blood test will tell him if I have a genetic

it

> > gene for emphasyma if I do he said we want to know this now and

not

> > in 20 years. He also ordered the exercise stress test. He said

lets

> > see what you can do, lets see if its your heart or lungs or if its

> > neither and rule some of this out for you so then you know.

> >

> > He said unfortunatly with people who have auto-immune issues he

has

> > seen it take a few years up to five years before anything of

> > signifigance shows up before they know what it is to treat.

> >

> > So I will go to that test, and see the GI doc at the end of the

month

> > and then I will just see my regular GP until something major

> > happens. And just document things there really isnt anything I can

> > do about it. My GP called last night my other tests were fine,

and I

> > told her about the lung appt she said yep this thing is going to

be

> > just like the RA and hide until its beyond miserable and then we

will

> > find it.

> >

> > So still no diagnosis and I still have to suffer. He did tell me

to

> > do some 40-80 minutes of cardio workout a day he said 9 out of 10

> > people are out of shape. I just looked at him. I think I know if I

> > was out of shape I hardly think I am that out of shape. But

whatever

> > I will do my best.

> >

> > Thanks for listening!

> >

> > Sandie

> >

>

Zena nope I am afraid I have been through the gammit and until

something of more significance shows up have to do the waiting game,

so thats what we must do. He did say rare as it can be he does get

one patient a year that ends up having heart disease but your pretty

young for htat. Why do they say that to us? Gee it just makes me

sick isnt medicine supposed to be a science? A thrill something to

dig into?

Sandie

> >

> > Well it was what i figured the appt was to be. I dont know I just

> > cant get my hopes up to much with these doctors. I suspect

whatever

> > I have will sit and drive me miserable for awhile before they are

> > able to see what it is and do something about. He was a nice

> > doctor. Did an exam and said he wanted to check two things, one a

> > blood test for emphasyma he said he does it on all his patients

but

> > secondly he said your tests show you have the beginning of

emphasyma -

> > he said did they tell you that, I said no they didnt. So he said I

> > really quit smoking at the best time possible for me and to not

> > start. he said this blood test will tell him if I have a genetic

it

> > gene for emphasyma if I do he said we want to know this now and

not

> > in 20 years. He also ordered the exercise stress test. He said

lets

> > see what you can do, lets see if its your heart or lungs or if its

> > neither and rule some of this out for you so then you know.

> >

> > He said unfortunatly with people who have auto-immune issues he

has

> > seen it take a few years up to five years before anything of

> > signifigance shows up before they know what it is to treat.

> >

> > So I will go to that test, and see the GI doc at the end of the

month

> > and then I will just see my regular GP until something major

> > happens. And just document things there really isnt anything I can

> > do about it. My GP called last night my other tests were fine,

and I

> > told her about the lung appt she said yep this thing is going to

be

> > just like the RA and hide until its beyond miserable and then we

will

> > find it.

> >

> > So still no diagnosis and I still have to suffer. He did tell me

to

> > do some 40-80 minutes of cardio workout a day he said 9 out of 10

> > people are out of shape. I just looked at him. I think I know if I

> > was out of shape I hardly think I am that out of shape. But

whatever

> > I will do my best.

> >

> > Thanks for listening!

> >

> > Sandie

> >

>

I hate it when I get told by professionals, 'but you're too young for that'!!!

I'm too young for PF, but that didn't stop it > > >> > > Well it was what i figured the appt was to be. I dont know I just> > > cant get my hopes up to much with these doctors. I suspect > whatever> > > I have will sit and drive me miserable for awhile before they are> > > able to see what it is and do something about. He was a nice> > > doctor. Did an exam and said he wanted to check two things, one a> > > blood test for emphasyma he said he does it on all his patients > but> > > secondly he said your tests show you have the beginning of > emphasyma -> > > he said did they tell you that, I said no they didnt. So he said I> > > really quit smoking at the best time possible for me and to not> > > start. he said this blood test will tell him if I have a genetic > it> > > gene for emphasyma if I do he said we want to know this now and > not> > > in 20 years. He also ordered the exercise stress test. He said > lets> > > see what you can do, lets see if its your heart or lungs or if its> > > neither and rule some of this out for you so then you know.> > >> > > He said unfortunatly with people who have auto-immune issues he > has> > > seen it take a few years up to five years before anything of> > > signifigance shows up before they know what it is to treat.> > >> > > So I will go to that test, and see the GI doc at the end of the > month> > > and then I will just see my regular GP until something major> > > happens. And just document things there really isnt anything I can> > > do about it. My GP called last night my other tests were fine, > and I> > > told her about the lung appt she said yep this thing is going to > be> > > just like the RA and hide until its beyond miserable and then we > will> > > find it.> > >> > > So still no diagnosis and I still have to suffer. He did tell me > to> > > do some 40-80 minutes of cardio workout a day he said 9 out of 10> > > people are out of shape. I just looked at him. I think I know if I> > > was out of shape I hardly think I am that out of shape. But > whatever> > > I will do my best.> > >> > > Thanks for listening!> > >> > > Sandie> > >> >>

Hi Zena, I hate it too when professionals tell me you're too young for this or that....because in situations like that is were they make the most mistakes...

Irene

---- Original Message ----

To: Breathe-Support

Sent: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 8:52 am

Subject: Re: doctors.....yuck.........

I hate it when I get told by professionals, 'but you're too young for that'!!!

I'm too young for PF, but that didn't stop it

> > >

> > > Well it was what i figured the appt was to be. I dont know I just

> > > cant get my hopes up to much with these doctors. I suspect

> whatever

> > > I have will sit and drive me miserable for awhile before they are

> > > able to see what it is and do something about. He was a nice

> > > doctor. Did an exam and said he wanted to check two things, one a

> > > blood test for emphasyma he said he does it on all his patients

> but

> > > secondly he said your tests show you have the beginning of

> emphasyma -

> > > he said did they tell you that, I said no they d idnt. So he said I

> > > really quit smoking at the best time possible for me and to not

> > > start. he said this blood test will tell him if I have a genetic

> it

> > > gene for emphasyma if I do he said we want to know this now and

> not

> > > in 20 years. He also ordered the exercise stress test. He said

> lets

> > > see what you can do, lets see if its your heart or lungs or if its

> > > neither and rule some of this out for you so then you know.

> > >

> > > He said unfortunatly with people who have auto-immune issues he

> has

> > > seen it take a few years up to five years before anything of

> > > signifigance shows up before they know what it is to treat.

> > >

> > > So I will go to that test, and see the GI doc at the end of the

> month

> > > and then I will just see my regular GP until something major

> > > happens. And just document things there really isnt anything I can

> > > do about it. My GP called last night my other tests were fine,

> and I

> > > told her about the lung appt she said yep this thing is going to

> be

> > > just like the RA and hide until its beyond miserable and then we

> will

> > > find it.

> > >

> > > So still no diagnosis and I still have to suffer. He did tell me

> to

> > > do some 40-80 minutes of cardio workout a day he said 9 out of 10

> > > people are out of shape. I just looked at him. I think I know if I

> > > was out of shape I hardly think I am that out of shape. But

> whatever

> > > I will do my best.

> > >

> > > Thanks for listening!

> > >

> > > Sandie

> > >

> >

>

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

Yeah Bruce...I think it was you that said you felt younger....I do too. I can hardly believe I will be 70 on my next b'day. It just can't be. When I'm with my girls we laugh and tease and giggle like 3 teens. I adore my 16 y/o grdtr (Hannah) and we do the same. God I don't want to die!

Mama-Sher, ild 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: doctors.....yuck.........

Too young, too old, wrong sex, wrong ethnic group. Assumptions are so bad. My ex-wife was the youngest case her doctor had ever encountered with macular degeneration in one eye when she had it at 26. Didn't make it less real.Yes, Zena and Irene, you're both too young for all of this. So am I. Even Sher is. We're all too young. You shouldn't get these things until after 100. No, make that 200. > > > >> > > > Well it was what i figured the appt was to be. I dont know I just> > > > cant get my hopes up to much with these doctors. I suspect > > whatever> > > > I have will sit and drive me miserable for awhile before they are> > > > able to see what it is and do something about. He was a nice> > > > doctor. Did an exam and said he wanted to check two things, one a> > > > blood test for emphasyma he said he does it on all his patients > > but> > > > secondly he said your tests show you have the beginning of > > emphasyma -> > > > he said did they tell you that, I said no they d idnt. So he said I> > > > really quit smoking at the best time possible for me and to not> > > > start. he said this blood test will tell him if I have a genetic > > it> > > > gene for emphasyma if I do he said we want to know this now and > > not> > > > in 20 years. He also ordered the exercise stress test. He said > > lets> > > > see what you can do, lets see if its your heart or lungs or if its> > > > neither and rule some of this out for you so then you know.> > > >> > > > He said unfortunatly with people who have auto-immune issues he > > has> > > > seen it take a few years up to five years before anything of> > > > signifigance shows up before they know what it is to treat.> > > >> > > > So I will go to that test, and see the GI doc at the end of the > > month> > > > and then I will just see my regular GP until something major> > > > happens. And just document things there really isnt anything I can> > > > do about it. My GP called last night my other tests were fine, > > and I> > > > told her about the lung appt she said yep this thing is going to > > be> > > > just like the RA and hide until its beyond miserable and then we > > will> > > > find it.> > > >> > > > So still no diagnosis and I still have to suffer. He did tell me > > to> > > > do some 40-80 minutes of cardio workout a day he said 9 out of 10> > > > people are out of shape. I just looked at him. I think I know if I> > > > was out of shape I hardly think I am that out of shape. But > > whatever> > > > I will do my best.> > > >> > > > Thanks for listening!> > > >> > > > Sandie> > > >> > >> >> > > > > > > ____________________________________________________________> Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment ? with a Canadian perspective.>

COme on DOWN Sandie....we're REALLY good at doin' ODD!

Scilly in Oz > > >> > > Well it was what i figured the appt was to be. I dont know I just> > > cant get my hopes up to much with these doctors. I suspect > whatever> > > I have will sit and drive me miserable for awhile before they are> > > able to see what it is and do something about. He was a nice> > > doctor. Did an exam and said he wanted to check two things, one a> > > blood test for emphasyma he said he does it on all his patients > but> > > secondly he said your tests show you have the beginning of > emphasyma -> > > he said did they tell you that, I said no they didnt. So he said I> > > really quit smoking at the best time possible for me and to not> > > start. he said this blood test will tell him if I have a genetic > it> > > gene for emphasyma if I do he said we want to know this now and > not> > > in 20 years. He also ordered the exercise stress test. He said > lets> > > see what you can do, lets see if its your heart or lungs or if its> > > neither and rule some of this out for you so then you know.> > >> > > He said unfortunatly with people who have auto-immune issues he > has> > > seen it take a few years up to five years before anything of> > > signifigance shows up before they know what it is to treat.> > >> > > So I will go to that test, and see the GI doc at the end of the > month> > > and then I will just see my regular GP until something major> > > happens. And just document things there really isnt anything I can> > > do about it. My GP called last night my other tests were fine, > and I> > > told her about the lung appt she said yep this thing is going to > be> > > just like the RA and hide until its beyond miserable and then we > will> > > find it.> > >> > > So still no diagnosis and I still have to suffer. He did tell me > to> > > do some 40-80 minutes of cardio workout a day he said 9 out of 10> > > people are out of shape. I just looked at him. I think I know if I> > > was out of shape I hardly think I am that out of shape. But > whatever> > > I will do my best.> > >> > > Thanks for listening!> > >> > > Sandie> > >> >>