RemedySpot.com

Re: make-up etc

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have had several "rounds" of prednisone but only with flare-ups. On a daily basis, I take Advair Diskus 250/50, Celexa 20, Singular 10, Rhinocort Aqua, Xopenex nebs as needed, and albuterol inhaler as needed. Doc said "for now" he will leave me on the Advair and Singulair until the biopsy comes back. So I am patiently waiting as best I can. That is the hardest part for me!! I have not had the VATS but I am really nervous about it. Is it very painful? Doc said I would be in the hospital with a drainage tube and 3 incisions for at least 72 hours, barring no complications. I wish they would call me with an appointment date so I can just get it over with. I would think with the technology today of a little machine called a FAX that it would not take a whole week to get an appointment with a surgeon. Just my opinion, I guess, but like I said, I am kinda anxious right now. I worry too much I know.

I am mainly worried if they are going to give me enough time to schedule to take off work!! Carodenise randel wrote: Caro, I was 4'11 till my junior year in high school and then grew one inch to the amazing height of 5'0! I too hated giving up my favorite cologne, but I still use lightly scented lotions. Right now my favorite is a honey sugar butter. I had the Vats

May 2006 and my diagnosis was sarcoidosis- granulomas in both lungs, scarring predominately in the top lobes. I still have mixed feelings about the surgery. I have been on prednisone since and wonder if they had just tried prednisone to begin with if I could have skipped the surgery. If it is going to work for you you will know right away. Have they tried any drugs with you yet? Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California Re: make-up etc Actually, you are not the shortest!! I am 4', 11"!!! I love the smellies, too, but have gotten the last few years to the point that perfume or strong soaps gets me coughing so bad I can't breathe, so had to give them up. I really hate it, too, cuz I love them so much!! Some scents I can still use if they are not overly strong, but have found there are not many to choose from. I went to the pulmonary doc last Tuesday and he said he wants to send me out of town for a lung biopsy. I am still waiting for the call with the appointment. I called back on Friday and they said it is not unusual to have to wait this long for an appointment, so I am still waiting. Tomorrow will be a week and I am going to call back again. I had a chest CT, ABGs, PFTs, and nearly every type of

autoimmune blood work you could possibly have. PFTs showed 68% lung function. Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis tests were negative. Chest CT came back (and I read it myself) - Juxtpleural multilobar fibrosis. Most severe in the right lung base. Right lung granuloma. Small hiatal hernia. Pulmonary doc said he wanted to see me to Birmingham to the PF Clinic there for clinical trials and I could get free meds. I am somewhat reluctant to do that, although free meds would be great, but I don't know about being a "guinea pig," ya know?? But then on the other hand, if I could be used for a trial and it could possibly reveal something that would help to devour this disease, I would love to go for it, even if for someone after my demise (don't ya just hate that word, DEMISE!!???) . I prefer to use EXIT STAGE LEFT!!LOL!!! Anyhoo, I wish I had this over

with me. Doc told me there are 5 types of PF and he doesn't know which one I have. Said it is not lupus or rheumatoid arthritis causing it and he really doesn't think it is sarcoidosis. He said one type is untreatable (didn't say which one), so I am just waiting, which sadly, patience is not my strong point!! Hope you all are having a great New Year!! Caro Zena <zeasmanbtinternet (DOT) com> wrote: I usually get loads of smellies for christmas, and I love having me time in the bathroom where I have a choice of flavours for the bath. I make sure that it's well known that I love the smellies. But this year, not a thing! I've had to buy my own! How dare they, don't they know

who I am I understand that it's quite a lot more expensive to have beauty treatments in England than the US, a reshape and varnish would be the equivalent of $15, a pedicure would be $35-$40 Then of course I go in and mention that I'm on prednisone and they don't want to do anything I went to my friends health club as her guest a few years ago, and I basically had to sign an affidavit saying I wouldn't sue if I used any of their equipment Kind of took the shine off of the day! Love Ze xx> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Zena, I wear a great brand

of make-up when and if I have> the> > > > > > > energy to put it on.> > > > > > > > I found the best foundation from Bare Escentuals.. it's> > > totally> > > > > > > natural, no fake anything.> > > > > > > > It's a mineral powder make-up put on very easily with a> > > brush.> > > > > > > > It really covers all the areas I need covering.> > > > > > > > I don't know whether it's available in the UK.> > > > > > > > It is on our QVC ocassionally ..and on the website too.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > --> > > > > > > > Li nda Z.fibriotic NSIP/05/ "mild" PH 10/07 PA> > > > > > > > Reynaud's too!!!> > > > > > > > Potter,

reader,carousel lover, and MomMom to Darah> > > > > > > > "I'm gonna be iron like a lion in Zion." Bob Marley> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > ------------ -- Original message ------------ --> > > > > > > > From: "Zena" <zeasman@>> > > > > > > > I'm not one for wearing make up often, and since I've had> to> > > > > > wear> > > > > > > the cannula full time I haven't worn foundation at all. I> > > don't> > > > > > want> > > > > > > to end up with a shiney line across my face. With the> > > butterfly> > > > > > > rash, the line would be quite noticable. So I've been> letting> > > my> > > > > > > natural beauty shine through. And now I'm

bored with> shining!> > > > > > > > So do you have any problems with foundation, any tips on> > > what> > > > > > stays> > > > > > > well and what doesn't?> > > > > > > > Thank you> > > > > > > > Love Ze xx> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> >------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> > > ----\> > > > -> > > > > >> > > > > >No virus found in this incoming message.> > > > > >Checked by AVG Free Edition.> > > > > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1211 -

Release> Date:> > > > 1/6/2008 11:57 AM> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ______> > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment> â¤" with a Canadian perspective.> >> CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06Mississippi Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06Mississippi

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

I think I woke a little fast so there was that time in recovery in

which I wanted to kill them all and hated that I was there. However,

after that the recovery wasn't that painful and this was despite a

comedy of mistakes on the part of my hospital staff.

I am happy I had my VATS. Some are, some aren't. I did spend an extra

day in the hospital so I was in 4 days instead of 3, but 3 is normal

as you said.

A couple of things. Make sure that even if you don't feel the need,

if your lung does you take pain killer. On the spirometer they'll

have you exercising regularly on, staying under 1000 is strong danger

of pneumonia. You might feel ok but your lung resisting pain. The

moment I was given Vicodin, I jumped from 1000 to 1500 on my next

respiratory visit. Also, make sure they get you up and walking when

they are suppose to. Thats very important.

Good luck on your VATS. Most go smoothly.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Zena, I wear a great brand of make-up when and if I

have

> > the

> > > > > > > > energy to put it on.

> > > > > > > > > I found the best foundation from Bare Escentuals..

it's

> > > > totally

> > > > > > > > natural, no fake anything.

> > > > > > > > > It's a mineral powder make-up put on very easily

with a

> > > > brush.

> > > > > > > > > It really covers all the areas I need covering.

> > > > > > > > > I don't know whether it's available in the UK.

> > > > > > > > > It is on our QVC ocassionally ..and on the website

too.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > --

> > > > > > > > > Li nda Z.fibriotic NSIP/05/ " mild " PH 10/07 PA

> > > > > > > > > Reynaud's too!!!

> > > > > > > > > Potter, reader,carousel lover, and MomMom to Darah

> > > > > > > > > " I'm gonna be iron like a lion in Zion. " Bob Marley

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > ------------ -- Original message ------------ --

> > > > > > > > > From: " Zena " <zeasman@>

> > > > > > > > > I'm not one for wearing make up often, and since

I've had

> > to

> > > > > > > wear

> > > > > > > > the cannula full time I haven't worn foundation at

all. I

> > > > don't

> > > > > > > want

> > > > > > > > to end up with a shiney line across my face. With the

> > > > butterfly

> > > > > > > > rash, the line would be quite noticable. So I've been

> > letting

> > > > my

> > > > > > > > natural beauty shine through. And now I'm bored with

> > shining!

> > > > > > > > > So do you have any problems with foundation, any

tips on

> > > > what

> > > > > > > stays

> > > > > > > > well and what doesn't?

> > > > > > > > > Thank you

> > > > > > > > > Love Ze xx

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > >------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --

------- -

> > > > ----\

> > > > > -

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >No virus found in this incoming message.

> > > > > > >Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> > > > > > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1211 -

Release

> > Date:

> > > > > 1/6/2008 11:57 AM

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________

_________ ______

> > > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news &

entertainment

> > ⤠" with a Canadian perspective.

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Caro

> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06

> Mississippi

>

> ---------------------------------

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Yahoo! Search.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!

Mobile. Try it now.

>

>

>

>

> Caro

> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06

> Mississippi

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!

Search.

>

Caro...I'm anxious to hear how your VATS procedure goes. I opted not to take one so am interested in how easy it is for you. Bruce says he would do it again.

I know waiting is hard.

Thanks.

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

I think I woke a little fast so there was that time in recovery in which I wanted to kill them all and hated that I was there. However, after that the recovery wasn't that painful and this was despite a comedy of mistakes on the part of my hospital staff.I am happy I had my VATS. Some are, some aren't. I did spend an extra day in the hospital so I was in 4 days instead of 3, but 3 is normal as you said. A couple of things. Make sure that even if you don't feel the need, if your lung does you take pain killer. On the spirometer they'll have you exercising regularly on, staying under 1000 is strong danger of pneumonia. You might feel ok but your lung resisting pain. The moment I was given Vicodin, I jumped from 1000 to 1500 on my next respiratory visit. Also, make sure they get you up and walking when they are suppose to. Thats very important. Good luck on your VATS. Most go smoothly. > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Zena, I wear a great brand of make-up when and if I have> > the> > > > > > > > energy to put it on.> > > > > > > > > I found the best foundation from Bare Escentuals.. it's> > > > totally> > > > > > > > natural, no fake anything.> > > > > > > > > It's a mineral powder make-up put on very easily with a> > > > brush.> > > > > > > > > It really covers all the areas I need covering.> > > > > > > > > I don't know whether it's available in the UK.> > > > > > > > > It is on our QVC ocassionally ..and on the website too.> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > --> > > > > > > > > Li nda Z.fibriotic NSIP/05/ "mild" PH 10/07 PA> > > > > > > > > Reynaud's too!!!> > > > > > > > > Potter, reader,carousel lover, and MomMom to Darah> > > > > > > > > "I'm gonna be iron like a lion in Zion." Bob Marley> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > ------------ -- Original message ------------ --> > > > > > > > > From: "Zena" <zeasman@>> > > > > > > > > I'm not one for wearing make up often, and since I've had> > to> > > > > > > wear> > > > > > > > the cannula full time I haven't worn foundation at all. I> > > > don't> > > > > > > want> > > > > > > > to end up with a shiney line across my face. With the> > > > butterfly> > > > > > > > rash, the line would be quite noticable. So I've been> > letting> > > > my> > > > > > > > natural beauty shine through. And now I'm bored with> > shining!> > > > > > > > > So do you have any problems with foundation, any tips on> > > > what> > > > > > > stays> > > > > > > > well and what doesn't?> > > > > > > > > Thank you> > > > > > > > > Love Ze xx> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > >------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -> > > > ----\> > > > > -> > > > > > >> > > > > > >No virus found in this incoming message.> > > > > > >Checked by AVG Free Edition.> > > > > > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1211 - Release> > Date:> > > > > 1/6/2008 11:57 AM> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ______> > > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment> > â¤" with a Canadian perspective.> > >> >> > > > > > > > Caro> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06> Mississippi > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. > > > > > Caro> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06> Mississippi> > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.>

Thanks so much for all the support and information from everyone. I am hoping I will get it over with some time this month. I will let you all know how it goes. Thanks again for everything. CaroSher Bauman wrote: Caro...I'm anxious to hear how your VATS procedure goes. I opted not to take one so am interested in how easy it is for you. Bruce says he would do it again. I know waiting is hard. Thanks. Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: make-up etc I think I woke a little fast so there was that time in recovery in which I wanted to kill them all and hated that I was there. However, after that the recovery wasn't that painful and this was despite a comedy of mistakes on the part of my hospital staff.I am happy I had my VATS. Some are, some aren't. I did spend an extra day in the hospital so I was in 4 days instead of 3, but 3 is normal as you said. A couple of things. Make sure that even if you don't feel the need, if your lung does you take pain killer. On the spirometer they'll have you exercising regularly on, staying under 1000 is strong danger of pneumonia. You might feel ok but your lung resisting pain. The moment I was given Vicodin, I jumped from 1000 to 1500 on my next respiratory visit. Also, make sure they get you up and walking when they are suppose to. Thats very important. Good luck on your VATS. Most go smoothly. > > > > > > > > >>

> > > > > > > > Zena, I wear a great brand of make-up when and if I have> > the> > > > > > > > energy to put it on.> > > > > > > > > I found the best foundation from Bare Escentuals.. it's> > > > totally> > > > > > > > natural, no fake anything.> > > > > > > > > It's a mineral powder make-up put on very easily with a> > > > brush.> > > > > > > > > It really covers all the areas I need covering.> > > > > > > > > I don't know whether it's available in the UK.> > > > > > > > > It is on our QVC ocassionally ..and on the website too.> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > --> > > > > > > > > Li nda

Z.fibriotic NSIP/05/ "mild" PH 10/07 PA> > > > > > > > > Reynaud's too!!!> > > > > > > > > Potter, reader,carousel lover, and MomMom to Darah> > > > > > > > > "I'm gonna be iron like a lion in Zion." Bob Marley> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > ------------ -- Original message ------------ --> > > > > > > > > From: "Zena" <zeasman@>> > > > > > > > > I'm not one for wearing make up often, and since I've had> > to> > > > > > > wear> > > > > > > > the cannula full time I haven't worn foundation at all. I> > > > don't> > > > > > > want> > > > > > > > to end up with a shiney line across my face. With the> > >

> butterfly> > > > > > > > rash, the line would be quite noticable. So I've been> > letting> > > > my> > > > > > > > natural beauty shine through. And now I'm bored with> > shining!> > > > > > > > > So do you have any problems with foundation, any tips on> > > > what> > > > > > > stays> > > > > > > > well and what doesn't?> > > > > > > > > Thank you> > > > > > > > > Love Ze xx> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > >------------ --------- --------- --------- ---------

--------- --------- -> > > > ----\> > > > > -> > > > > > >> > > > > > >No virus found in this incoming message.> > > > > > >Checked by AVG Free Edition.> > > > > > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1211 - Release> > Date:> > > > > 1/6/2008 11:57 AM> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ______> > > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment> > â¤" with a Canadian perspective.> > >>

>> > > > > > > > Caro> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06> Mississippi > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. > > > > > Caro> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06> Mississippi> > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.> CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06Mississippi

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Caro I had the Vats in Feb 07 . I also have mixed

feelings about having it done.I dont think I would do

it again. It wasnt painful because they give you

drugs. The hardest part for me was I couldnt wear a

Bra for a very long time . It seemed to rub right

where the incisions were. It still bothers me

sometimes. I dont know what type of job you have but I

didnt feel like lifting or stretching for weeks. I

hope this helps.

IPF 2/07 IL

--- Carolyn Wade wrote:

> I have had several " rounds " of prednisone but only

> with flare-ups. On a daily basis, I take Advair

> Diskus 250/50, Celexa 20, Singular 10, Rhinocort

> Aqua, Xopenex nebs as needed, and albuterol inhaler

> as needed. Doc said " for now " he will leave me on

> the Advair and Singulair until the biopsy comes

> back. So I am patiently waiting as best I can.

> That is the hardest part for me!! I have not had

> the VATS but I am really nervous about it. Is it

> very painful? Doc said I would be in the hospital

> with a drainage tube and 3 incisions for at least 72

> hours, barring no complications. I wish they would

> call me with an appointment date so I can just get

> it over with. I would think with the technology

> today of a little machine called a FAX that it would

> not take a whole week to get an appointment with a

> surgeon. Just my opinion, I guess, but like I said,

> I am kinda anxious right now. I worry too much I

> know. I am mainly worried if they are going to give

> me enough time to

> schedule to take off work!!

>

> Caro

>

> denise randel wrote:

> Caro,

> I was 4'11 till my junior year in high school

> and then grew one inch to the amazing height of 5'0!

> I too hated giving up my favorite cologne, but I

> still use lightly scented lotions. Right now my

> favorite is a honey sugar butter. I had the Vats

> May 2006 and my diagnosis was sarcoidosis-

> granulomas in both lungs, scarring predominately in

> the top lobes. I still have mixed feelings about

> the surgery. I have been on prednisone since and

> wonder if they had just tried prednisone to begin

> with if I could have skipped the surgery. If it is

> going to work for you you will know right away.

> Have they tried any drugs with you yet?

>

> Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

>

>

> Re: make-up etc

>

>

> Actually, you are not the shortest!! I am 4',

> 11 " !!! I love the smellies, too, but have gotten

> the last few years to the point that perfume or

> strong soaps gets me coughing so bad I can't

> breathe, so had to give them up. I really hate it,

> too, cuz I love them so much!! Some scents I can

> still use if they are not overly strong, but have

> found there are not many to choose from.

>

> I went to the pulmonary doc last Tuesday and he

> said he wants to send me out of town for a lung

> biopsy. I am still waiting for the call with the

> appointment. I called back on Friday and they said

> it is not unusual to have to wait this long for an

> appointment, so I am still waiting. Tomorrow will

> be a week and I am going to call back again.

>

> I had a chest CT, ABGs, PFTs, and nearly every

> type of autoimmune blood work you could possibly

> have. PFTs showed 68% lung function. Lupus and

> rheumatoid arthritis tests were negative. Chest CT

> came back (and I read it myself) - Juxtpleural

> multilobar fibrosis. Most severe in the right lung

> base. Right lung granuloma. Small hiatal hernia.

>

> Pulmonary doc said he wanted to see me to

> Birmingham to the PF Clinic there for clinical

> trials and I could get free meds. I am somewhat

> reluctant to do that, although free meds would be

> great, but I don't know about being a " guinea pig, "

> ya know?? But then on the other hand, if I could be

> used for a trial and it could possibly reveal

> something that would help to devour this disease, I

> would love to go for it, even if for someone after

> my demise (don't ya just hate that word,

> DEMISE!!???) . I prefer to use EXIT STAGE

> LEFT!!LOL!!!

>

> Anyhoo, I wish I had this over with me. Doc told

> me there are 5 types of PF and he doesn't know which

> one I have. Said it is not lupus or rheumatoid

> arthritis causing it and he really doesn't think it

> is sarcoidosis. He said one type is untreatable

> (didn't say which one), so I am just waiting, which

> sadly, patience is not my strong point!!

>

> Hope you all are having a great New Year!!

>

> Caro

>

>

> Zena <zeasmanbtinternet (DOT) com> wrote:

> I usually get loads of smellies for

> christmas, and I love having me time in the bathroom

> where I have a choice of flavours for the bath. I

> make sure that it's well known that I love the

> smellies. But this year, not a thing! I've had to

> buy my own! How dare they, don't they know who I am

>

> I understand that it's quite a lot more expensive

> to have beauty treatments in England than the US, a

> reshape and varnish would be the equivalent of $15,

> a pedicure would be $35-$40 Then of course I go in

> and mention that I'm on prednisone and they don't

> want to do anything I went to my friends health

> club as her guest a few years ago, and I basically

> had to sign an affidavit saying I wouldn't sue if I

> used any of their equipment Kind of took the shine

> off of the day!

> Love Ze xx

>

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Couldn't agree more Sista.....if I stay in

> my bed gear too long I

>

=== message truncated ===

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Zena, I've never had to sign anything in

regard to the Prednisone. I go to the local salon and they are

wonderful to me. In fact they make certain that

I get an early appointment so that no permanent waves or other smelly

procedures are in the air before I get there. I have problems with

scented products of any type...no great smelling bath gels or perfumes

or scented candles or air sprays at all. In fact I gave all my girls

all the great stuff I had. I have found unscented shampoo, conditioner

and setting gels, body lotions etc. The make-up I use has no scent and

I don't use hair spray at all.

I even use unscented clothes detergent and dryer sheets.

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Zena wrote:

I usually get loads of

smellies for christmas, and I love having me time in the bathroom where

I have a choice of flavours for the bath. I make sure that it's well

known that I love the smellies. But this year, not a thing! I've had

to buy my own! How dare they, don't they know who I am

I understand that it's

quite a lot more expensive to have beauty treatments in England than

the US, a reshape and varnish would be the equivalent of $15, a

pedicure would be $35-$40 Then of course I go in and mention that I'm

on prednisone and they don't want to do anything I went to my friends health club as her guest

a few years ago, and I basically had to sign an affidavit saying I

wouldn't sue if I used any of their equipment Kind of took the shine off of the day!

Love Ze xx

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Zena, I wear a great brand of

make-up when and if I have

> the

> > > > > > > energy to put it on.

> > > > > > > > I found the best foundation

from Bare Escentuals..it's

> > > totally

> > > > > > > natural, no fake anything.

> > > > > > > > It's a mineral powder make-up

put on very easily with a

> > > brush.

> > > > > > > > It really covers all the areas

I need covering.

> > > > > > > > I don't know whether it's

available in the UK.

> > > > > > > > It is on our QVC ocassionally

...and on the website too.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > --

> > > > > > > > Li nda Z.fibriotic NSIP/05/

"mild" PH 10/07 PA

> > > > > > > > Reynaud's too!!!

> > > > > > > > Potter, reader,carousel lover,

and MomMom to Darah

> > > > > > > > "I'm gonna be iron like a lion

in Zion." Bob Marley

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > -------------- Original

message --------------

> > > > > > > > From: "Zena" <zeasman@>

> > > > > > > > I'm not one for wearing make up

often, and since I've had

> to

> > > > > > wear

> > > > > > > the cannula full time I haven't worn

foundation at all. I

> > > don't

> > > > > > want

> > > > > > > to end up with a shiney line across

my face. With the

> > > butterfly

> > > > > > > rash, the line would be quite

noticable. So I've been

> letting

> > > my

> > > > > > > natural beauty shine through. And

now I'm bored with

> shining!

> > > > > > > > So do you have any problems

with foundation, any tips on

> > > what

> > > > > > stays

> > > > > > > well and what doesn't?

> > > > > > > > Thank you

> > > > > > > > Love Ze xx

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> >-------------------------------------------------------------------

> > > ----\

> > > > -

> > > > > >

> > > > > >No virus found in this incoming message.

> > > > > >Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> > > > > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database:

269.17.13/1211 - Release

> Date:

> > > > 1/6/2008 11:57 AM

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> ________________________________________________________________________

> > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news &

entertainment

> â€" with a Canadian perspective.

> >

>

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1213 - Release Date: 1/7/2008 9:14 AM

Z, it was for the use of the gym that I had to sign stuff, and then they said that I wasn't allowed to use certain machines, so we didn't bother and used the swimming pool instead. They wouldn't do a massage incase the aromatherapy oils interacted with the meds, but wouldn't do one with just base oil, It was all fear of litigation and ignorance of my various conditions that caused it. In the end I wished I hadn't gone and just gone out for lunch!

I don't like perfumes. For some reason they don't smell as nice on me as they do on others or in the bottle, and I do find someone who is too drenched in perfume almost as offensive as someone with bad personal hygiene. But lightly scented bath foam shower gel etc I can still enjoy.

Love Ze xx> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Zena, I wear a great brand of make-up when and if I have> > > the> > > > > > > > > energy to put it on.> > > > > > > > > > I found the best foundation from Bare Escentuals..it's> > > > > totally> > > > > > > > > natural, no fake anything.> > > > > > > > > > It's a mineral powder make-up put on very easily with a> > > > > brush.> > > > > > > > > > It really covers all the areas I need covering.> > > > > > > > > > I don't know whether it's available in the UK.> > > > > > > > > > It is on our QVC ocassionally ..and on the website too.> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > --> > > > > > > > > > Li nda Z.fibriotic NSIP/05/ "mild" PH 10/07 PA> > > > > > > > > > Reynaud's too!!!> > > > > > > > > > Potter, reader,carousel lover, and MomMom to Darah> > > > > > > > > > "I'm gonna be iron like a lion in Zion." Bob Marley> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > -------------- Original message --------------> > > > > > > > > > From: "Zena" <zeasman@>> > > > > > > > > > I'm not one for wearing make up often, and since I've had> > > to> > > > > > > > wear> > > > > > > > > the cannula full time I haven't worn foundation at all. I> > > > > don't> > > > > > > > want> > > > > > > > > to end up with a shiney line across my face. With the> > > > > butterfly> > > > > > > > > rash, the line would be quite noticable. So I've been> > > letting> > > > > my> > > > > > > > > natural beauty shine through. And now I'm bored with> > > shining!> > > > > > > > > > So do you have any problems with foundation, any tips on> > > > > what> > > > > > > > stays> > > > > > > > > well and what doesn't?> > > > > > > > > > Thank you> > > > > > > > > > Love Ze xx> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > >-------------------------------------------------------------------> > > > > ----\> > > > > > -> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >No virus found in this incoming message.> > > > > > > >Checked by AVG Free Edition.> > > > > > > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1211 - Release> > > Date:> > > > > > 1/6/2008 11:57 AM> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > ________________________________________________________________________> > > > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment> > > âEUR" with a Canadian perspective.> > > >> > >> >> > > >> >------------------------------------------------------------------------> >> >No virus found in this incoming message.> >Checked by AVG Free Edition. > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1213 - Release Date: 1/7/2008 9:14 AM> > > >>

Thanks for the info . I had decided last night I was going to call my pulmo back today as I have been waiting a week for an appointment with surgeon and still no phone call. I keep looking at the phone, but can't bring myself to pick it up and call. I am so anxious and nervous about this. I just wish it was over so they can diagnose and treat or not treat or whatever they are going to do. Thanks for all the support. I just love this group!! Carokiki boettin wrote: Caro I had the Vats in Feb 07 . I also have mixedfeelings about having it done.I dont think I would doit again. It wasnt painful because they give youdrugs. The hardest part for me was I couldnt wear aBra for a very long time . It seemed to rub rightwhere the incisions were. It still bothers mesometimes. I dont know what type of job you have but Ididnt feel like lifting or stretching for weeks. Ihope this helps. IPF 2/07 IL--- Carolyn Wade <carowade4444> wrote:> I have had several "rounds" of prednisone but only> with flare-ups. On a daily basis, I take Advair> Diskus 250/50, Celexa 20, Singular 10, Rhinocort> Aqua, Xopenex nebs as needed, and albuterol inhaler> as needed. Doc said "for now" he will leave me on> the Advair and Singulair until the biopsy comes> back. So I am patiently waiting

as best I can. > That is the hardest part for me!! I have not had> the VATS but I am really nervous about it. Is it> very painful? Doc said I would be in the hospital> with a drainage tube and 3 incisions for at least 72> hours, barring no complications. I wish they would> call me with an appointment date so I can just get> it over with. I would think with the technology> today of a little machine called a FAX that it would> not take a whole week to get an appointment with a> surgeon. Just my opinion, I guess, but like I said,> I am kinda anxious right now. I worry too much I> know. I am mainly worried if they are going to give> me enough time to> schedule to take off work!! > > Caro> > denise randel <dnsrndl> wrote:> Caro,> I was 4'11 till my junior year in high

school> and then grew one inch to the amazing height of 5'0!> I too hated giving up my favorite cologne, but I> still use lightly scented lotions. Right now my> favorite is a honey sugar butter. I had the Vats> May 2006 and my diagnosis was sarcoidosis-> granulomas in both lungs, scarring predominately in> the top lobes. I still have mixed feelings about> the surgery. I have been on prednisone since and> wonder if they had just tried prednisone to begin> with if I could have skipped the surgery. If it is> going to work for you you will know right away. > Have they tried any drugs with you yet? > > Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California> > > Re: make-up etc> > > Actually, you are not the shortest!! I am 4',> 11"!!! I love the smellies, too, but have gotten> the last few years to the point that perfume or> strong soaps gets me coughing so bad I can't> breathe, so had to give them up. I really hate it,> too, cuz I love them so much!! Some scents I can> still use if they are not overly strong, but have> found there are not many to choose from. > > I went to the pulmonary doc last Tuesday and he> said he wants to send me out of town for a lung> biopsy. I am still waiting for the call with the> appointment. I called back on Friday and they said> it is not unusual to have to wait this long for an> appointment, so I am still

waiting. Tomorrow will> be a week and I am going to call back again.> > I had a chest CT, ABGs, PFTs, and nearly every> type of autoimmune blood work you could possibly> have. PFTs showed 68% lung function. Lupus and> rheumatoid arthritis tests were negative. Chest CT> came back (and I read it myself) - Juxtpleural> multilobar fibrosis. Most severe in the right lung> base. Right lung granuloma. Small hiatal hernia. > > Pulmonary doc said he wanted to see me to> Birmingham to the PF Clinic there for clinical> trials and I could get free meds. I am somewhat> reluctant to do that, although free meds would be> great, but I don't know about being a "guinea pig,"> ya know?? But then on the other hand, if I could be> used for a trial and it could possibly reveal> something that would help to devour this disease, I> would love to go for it, even if

for someone after> my demise (don't ya just hate that word,> DEMISE!!???) . I prefer to use EXIT STAGE> LEFT!!LOL!!!> > Anyhoo, I wish I had this over with me. Doc told> me there are 5 types of PF and he doesn't know which> one I have. Said it is not lupus or rheumatoid> arthritis causing it and he really doesn't think it> is sarcoidosis. He said one type is untreatable> (didn't say which one), so I am just waiting, which> sadly, patience is not my strong point!! > > Hope you all are having a great New Year!! > > Caro> > > Zena <zeasmanbtinternet (DOT) com> wrote:> I usually get loads of smellies for> christmas, and I love having me time in the bathroom> where I have a choice of flavours for the bath. I> make sure that it's well known that I love the> smellies. But this year, not a thing! I've had to>

buy my own! How dare they, don't they know who I am> > I understand that it's quite a lot more expensive> to have beauty treatments in England than the US, a> reshape and varnish would be the equivalent of $15,> a pedicure would be $35-$40 Then of course I go in> and mention that I'm on prednisone and they don't> want to do anything I went to my friends health> club as her guest a few years ago, and I basically> had to sign an affidavit saying I wouldn't sue if I> used any of their equipment Kind of took the shine> off of the day!> Love Ze xx> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Couldn't agree more Sista.....if I stay in> my bed gear too long I> === message truncated ===__________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06Mississippi

Caro...ok, I'll plunge in here. When they take the tubes out of your chest it will hurt like fury. Only a minute but that's enough! I guess the OLB is much much worse.

I live with pain 24-7 (without meds)and I can't bear any more for any reason. One of the reasons I elected not to do a VATS.

Re: make-up etc> > > Actually, you are not the shortest!! I am 4',> 11"!!! I love the smellies, too, but have gotten> the last few years to the point that perfume or> strong soaps gets me coughing so bad I can't> breathe, so had to give them up. I really hate it,> too, cuz I love them so much!! Some scents I can> still use if they are not overly strong, but have> found there are not many to choose from. > > I went to the pulmonary doc last Tuesday and he> said he wants to send me out of town for a lung> biopsy. I am still waiting for the call with the> appointment. I called back on Friday and they said> it is not unusual to have to wait this long for an> appointment, so I am still waiting. Tomorrow will> be a week and I am going to call back again.> > I had a chest CT, ABGs, PFTs, and nearly every> type of autoimmune blood work you could possibly> have. PFTs showed 68% lung function. Lupus and> rheumatoid arthritis tests were negative. Chest CT> came back (and I read it myself) - Juxtpleural> multilobar fibrosis. Most severe in the right lung> base. Right lung granuloma. Small hiatal hernia. > > Pulmonary doc said he wanted to see me to> Birmingham to the PF Clinic there for clinical> trials and I could get free meds. I am somewhat> reluctant to do that, although free meds would be> great, but I don't know about being a "guinea pig,"> ya know?? But then on the other hand, if I could be> used for a trial and it could possibly reveal> something that would help to devour this disease, I> would love to go for it, even if for someone after> my demise (don't ya just hate that word,> DEMISE!!???) . I prefer to use EXIT STAGE> LEFT!!LOL!!!> > Anyhoo, I wish I had this over with me. Doc told> me there are 5 types of PF and he doesn't know which> one I have. Said it is not lupus or rheumatoid> arthritis causing it and he really doesn't think it> is sarcoidosis. He said one type is untreatable> (didn't say which one), so I am just waiting, which> sadly, patience is not my strong point!! > > Hope you all are having a great New Year!! > > Caro> > > Zena <zeasmanbtinternet (DOT) com> wrote:> I usually get loads of smellies for> christmas, and I love having me time in the bathroom> where I have a choice of flavours for the bath. I> make sure that it's well known that I love the> smellies. But this year, not a thing! I've had to> buy my own! How dare they, don't they know who I am> > I understand that it's quite a lot more expensive> to have beauty treatments in England than the US, a> reshape and varnish would be the equivalent of $15,> a pedicure would be $35-$40 Then of course I go in> and mention that I'm on prednisone and they don't> want to do anything I went to my friends health> club as her guest a few years ago, and I basically> had to sign an affidavit saying I wouldn't sue if I> used any of their equipment Kind of took the shine> off of the day!> Love Ze xx> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Couldn't agree more Sista.....if I stay in> my bed gear too long I> === message truncated ===__________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Caro, Don't blame your smoking. There are several of us who have never smoked. It seems they used to think that autoimmune diseases were the primary cause but now the experts are leaning towards environmental factors that cause the autoimmune that in turn causes the fibrosis and people who were previous smokers seem to live longer with this disease (after they quit of course) than those of us who have never smoked. Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California Re: make-up etc> > > Actually, you are not the shortest!! I am 4',> 11"!!! I love the

smellies, too, but have gotten> the last few years to the point that perfume or> strong soaps gets me coughing so bad I can't> breathe, so had to give

them up. I really hate it,> too, cuz I love them so much!! Some scents I can> still use if they are not overly strong, but have> found there are not many to choose from. > > I went to the pulmonary doc last Tuesday and he> said he wants to send me out of town for a lung> biopsy. I am still waiting for the call with the> appointment. I called back on Friday and they said> it is not unusual to have to wait this long for an> appointment, so I am still waiting. Tomorrow will> be a week and I am going to call back again.> > I had a chest CT, ABGs, PFTs, and nearly every> type of autoimmune blood work you could possibly> have. PFTs showed 68% lung function. Lupus and> rheumatoid arthritis tests were negative. Chest CT> came back (and I read it myself) - Juxtpleural> multilobar fibrosis. Most severe in the right lung> base. Right

lung granuloma.

Small hiatal hernia. > > Pulmonary doc said he wanted to see me to> Birmingham to the PF Clinic there for clinical> trials and I could get free meds. I am somewhat> reluctant to do that, although free meds would be> great, but I don't know about being a "guinea pig,"> ya know?? But then on the other hand, if I could be> used for a trial and it could possibly reveal> something that would help to devour this disease, I> would love to go for it, even if for someone after> my demise (don't ya just hate that word,> DEMISE!!???) . I prefer to use EXIT STAGE> LEFT!!LOL!!!> > Anyhoo, I wish I had this over with me. Doc told> me there are 5 types of PF and he doesn't know which> one I have. Said it is not lupus or rheumatoid> arthritis causing it and he really doesn't think it> is sarcoidosis. He said one type is

untreatable> (didn't say which

one), so I am just waiting, which> sadly, patience is not my strong point!! > > Hope you all are having a great New Year!! > > Caro> > > Zena <zeasman@btinternet . com> wrote:> I usually get loads of smellies for> christmas, and I love having me time in the bathroom> where I have a choice of flavours for the bath. I> make sure that it's well known that I love the> smellies. But this year, not a thing! I've had to> buy my own! How dare they, don't they know who I am> > I understand that it's quite a lot more expensive> to have beauty treatments in England than the US, a> reshape and varnish would be the equivalent of $15,> a pedicure would be $35-$40 Then of course I go in> and mention that I'm on prednisone and they don't> want to do anything I went to my friends health> club as her guest a few

years ago, and I

basically> had to sign an affidavit saying I wouldn't sue if I> used any of their equipment Kind of took the shine> off of the day!> Love Ze xx> >

> > >

>> > > > >> > > > > Couldn't agree more Sista.....if I stay in> my bed gear too long I> === message truncated ===____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06Mississippi Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Thanks . I never looked at it that way. Guess I just wanted to try and find some "reason" why this was given to me. I am looking on the bright side, though, trying to, cuz I think attitude is going to get me a longer life than anything else. I have read some of the posts and so many of you are so far advanced than me and you all seem to be dealing with it much better than me at times. I don't know what I would do had I not found this group. I try talking to my family about it, but since they don't DEAL with it hands-on, they kinda either don't act interested or play me off or something. It is really wonderful to come here and talk with people who actually understand how you feel. This is the best place in the world to me to be right now!! With my new online friends!! Carodenise randel wrote: Caro, Don't blame your smoking. There are several of us who have never smoked. It seems they used to think that autoimmune diseases were the primary cause but now the experts are leaning towards environmental factors that cause the autoimmune that in turn causes the fibrosis and people who were previous smokers seem to live longer with this disease (after they quit of course) than those of us who have never smoked. Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California Re: make-up etc> > > Actually, you are not the shortest!! I am 4',> 11"!!! I love the smellies, too, but have gotten> the last few years to the point that perfume or> strong soaps gets me coughing so bad I can't> breathe, so had to give them up. I really hate it,> too, cuz I love them so much!! Some scents I can> still use if they are not overly strong, but have> found there are not many to choose from. > > I went to the pulmonary doc last Tuesday and he> said he wants to send me out of town for a lung> biopsy. I am still waiting for the call with the> appointment. I called back on Friday and they said> it is not unusual to have to wait this long for an> appointment, so I am still waiting. Tomorrow will> be a week and I am going to call back again.> > I had a chest CT, ABGs, PFTs, and nearly

every> type of autoimmune blood work you could possibly> have. PFTs showed 68% lung function. Lupus and> rheumatoid arthritis tests were negative. Chest CT> came back (and I read it myself) - Juxtpleural> multilobar fibrosis. Most severe in the right lung> base. Right lung granuloma. Small hiatal hernia. > > Pulmonary doc said he wanted to see me to> Birmingham to the PF Clinic there for clinical> trials and I could get free meds. I am somewhat> reluctant to do that, although free meds would be> great, but I don't know about being a "guinea pig,"> ya know?? But then on the other hand, if I could be> used for a trial and it could possibly reveal> something that would help to devour this disease, I> would love to go for it, even if for someone after> my demise (don't ya just hate that word,> DEMISE!!???) . I prefer to use EXIT STAGE>

LEFT!!LOL!!!> > Anyhoo, I wish I had this over with me. Doc told> me there are 5 types of PF and he doesn't know which> one I have. Said it is not lupus or rheumatoid> arthritis causing it and he really doesn't think it> is sarcoidosis. He said one type is untreatable> (didn't say which one), so I am just waiting, which> sadly, patience is not my strong point!! > > Hope you all are having a great New Year!! > > Caro> > > Zena <zeasman@btinternet . com> wrote:> I usually get loads of smellies for> christmas, and I love having me time in the bathroom> where I have a choice of flavours for the bath. I> make sure that it's well known that I love the> smellies. But this year, not a thing! I've had to> buy my own! How dare they, don't they know who I am> > I understand that it's quite a lot more expensive>

to have beauty treatments in England than the US, a> reshape and varnish would be the equivalent of $15,> a pedicure would be $35-$40 Then of course I go in> and mention that I'm on prednisone and they don't> want to do anything I went to my friends health> club as her guest a few years ago, and I basically> had to sign an affidavit saying I wouldn't sue if I> used any of their equipment Kind of took the shine> off of the day!> Love Ze xx> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Couldn't agree more Sista.....if I stay in> my bed gear too long I> === message truncated ===____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06Mississippi Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. CaroAsthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06Mississippi

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Caro,

I feel the same way and have since I landed here. Why do friends and family think they can "take your mind off of it"......... the change of subject or cutsie remarks are meant to do that but it just leaves us with a big open wound.

This group and I would suppose all support groups can be life savers. It changes my quality of life. I always know I have real empathy here. You all get it! Plain and simple.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > Couldn't agree more Sista.....if I stay in> > my bed gear too long I> > > === message truncated ===> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ > > > > > > > > > > Caro> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06> Mississippi > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. > > > > > Caro> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06> Mississippi> > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>

... I'm laughing here. There is a cartoon called "The Tasmanian Devil". He rips around from one place to another at top speed. Now I know where he got his name. From down-under-skilly-girl. lol

Dear Joyce,

Well said.. interestingly my youngest daughter feels very frustrated with the response she gets from her friends because they can't understand her grief at this stage of my illness...she gets the "your mother doesn't LOOK like she's dying' & "don't overreact ..she won't die for ages yet!"

She lives a great distance from me & her only sibling & feels that distance terribly whenever things like this crop up. She's comtemplating moving back home but it's a dreadfully difficult decision for her to make because it affects her ex & their only daughter.

When she says she wants to be near me while I'm still active & not wait until I'm frail & really ill she gets the eye's rolled skywards response from most of her mates..."well THAT could be years away!" And they're right it probably will be .... we laugh & I tell her that I apologise for NOT being able to provide a neat timetable!

My daughter who lives closest finds it more difficult to deal with & she's the one who doesn't want to talk about the ins & outs of the process. Her little girl, however, is the one who keeps raising the subject in all sorts of ways. She even warns me not to go near certain people in a social situation 'cos they're sick & " I don't want you sick, Grangi" she solomnly tells me. How's that for a just 5 year old! She's become my active MINDER!

I'm going back to Tasmania with my younger daughter & grand-daughter, in a couple of weeks time. I'm planning to spend a lot more time down there with her while I can still fly. This trip will be for a month or so...I'll talk to some of those mates of hers & try & give them a fresh perspective! Dying can be a jolly long process & brings its own challenges, just in a different way to a fast or unexpected death!

For myself, the Tasmanian community that my daughter lives in has become a real part of my life too & I'm hoping my daughter decides to stay there - she has a great life there, good job, stimulating community life with lots of music, dance & theatre action albeit on a very small scale. There's a 'Visiting Parent' scenario where we all get 'taken up' into whatever is happening at the time & I've made some lovely friendships down there among HER friends!

I don't want to be the sole reason she returns home...she should want to do that for lots of really clear 'other' reasons as well....

When the time comes that I know I won't get back down there, then I'll feel the grief myself but that time is not yet!

Now, I'm too busy supporting everyone else & putting one foot in front of t'other!

love,

in Oz

> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Couldn't agree more Sista.....if I stay in> > > my bed gear too long I> > >> > === message truncated ===> >> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> > Be a better friend, newshound, and> > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile. yahoo.com/> ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > Caro> > Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06> > Mississippi> >> > ---------------------------------> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > ---------------------------------> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try> it now.> >> >> >> >> > Caro> > Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06> > Mississippi> >> > ---------------------------------> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try> it now.> >>

I agree totally!! I have somewhat of good news. I called the doc on Tuesday and spoke to his nurse and she said if I did not have appointment call from surgeon by today, Friday, to call back. So I called this morning and I have an appointment on Tuesday, the 15th @ 1:45 P.m. My mom is going to drive me as is 2-1/2 hours away and my car is an old clunker. Gets me from point A to point B, but not very good for long road trips. I am wondering if he will repeat my chest xray and lab tests for preop, since it has been within a month that I had them done. I am hoping he does not, but am not surprised at anything these days. I got a new PC for work yesterday (I am home-based medical transcriptionist). OMG!!! My head hurt so bad last night. I was so stressed out it was unreal. Lost half of my emails and still don't have them back. What a pain. Is a nice PC

and a I got a 17" monitor (which I REALLY need), so it will work out eventually. Just a pain getting it set up!! I have been overly tired for some reason today, so am probably going to call it a night early. Hope you all have a great weekend and thanks again so much for all the support. I love each and every one of you. Caro Joyce wrote: Caro, I feel the same way and have since I landed here. Why do friends and family think they can "take your mind off of it"......... the change of subject or cutsie remarks are meant to do that but it just leaves us with a big open wound. This group and I would suppose all support groups can be life savers. It changes my quality of life. I always know I have real empathy here. You all get it! Plain and simple. Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > Couldn't agree more Sista.....if I stay in> > my bed gear too long I> > > === message truncated ===> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile. yahoo.com/ ;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR 8HDtDypao8Wcj9tA cJ > > > > > > > > >

> Caro> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06> Mississippi > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. > > > > > Caro> Asthma 1976,Osteoarthritis 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/06> Mississippi> > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>