RemedySpot.com

Re: Mayo and Mustard

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,I have a mayo and mustard I used before SCD. Please tell me what you think.Mustard:Apple Cider Vinegar (don't see on the illegal/legal list) perfectly legalWaterMustard Seed (ok)Salt (ok)Tumeric (don't see on the illegal/legal list)perfectly legalPaprika (ok)Spices (questionable..??)Mayo:Soy Oil (ok, but not recommended)Currently, it's illegal. Soybean oilIllegalIt was initially legal, but Elaine changed her mind about it when shelearned more about it structurally, I believe. Whole eggs (ok)Honey (ok)White vinegar (ok)Sea salt (ok)Dry mustard (ok)Lemon juice concentrate (questionable b/c its a concentrate)No hydrogenated fat, sugar, corn syrup, or preservatives used. Gluten free.I understand I if I do use these products I should use caution and listen to what my body tells me. I was just wondering if you thought they sounded legal enough to try. I've tried making the mayo and it doesn't come out right.Did it come out runny? If so, whip the egg with a blender or handblender - then when it is light and fluffy ADD 2 teaspoons-a tablespoon cold water. keep on beating, then add oil so slowly you feellike it will take days. At a certain point, when enough oil is added,it thickens considerably. Then add everything else you want. I've found this method failsafe. But only if I add the water. Otherwiserunny mayonnaise that never thickens. Mara

gosh darn on the soybean oil. bummer. thanks for the water tip, i just hate throwing perfectly good stuff out. but i've had to throw so much out it isn't funny. misty kimble walker, la cd scd - jan 5 08Mara Schiffren wrote: Hi,I have a mayo and mustard I used before SCD. Please tell me what

you think.Mustard:Apple Cider Vinegar (don't see on the illegal/legal list) perfectly legal WaterMustard Seed (ok)Salt (ok)Tumeric (don't see on the illegal/legal list) perfectly legal Paprika (ok)Spices (questionable..??)Mayo:Soy Oil (ok, but not recommended) Currently, it's illegal. Soybean oil Illegal It was initially legal, but Elaine changed her mind about it when she learned more about it structurally, I believe. Whole eggs (ok)Honey (ok)White vinegar (ok)Sea salt (ok)Dry mustard (ok)Lemon juice concentrate (questionable b/c its a concentrate)No hydrogenated fat, sugar, corn syrup, or preservatives used. Gluten free.I understand I if I do use these products I should use caution and listen to what my body tells me. I was just wondering if you thought they sounded legal enough to try. I've tried making the mayo and it doesn't come out right. Did it come out runny? If so, whip the egg with a blender or hand blender - then when it is light and fluffy ADD 2 teaspoons-a table spoon

cold water. keep on beating, then add oil so slowly you feel like it will take days. At a certain point, when enough oil is added, it thickens considerably. Then add everything else you want. I've found this method failsafe. But only if I add the water. Otherwise runny mayonnaise that never thickens. Mara

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.