> We have 3 grown children and 4 wonderful grandchildren. I do WW at

Home and

> reached my goal at the end of Feb this year. I am happy to say

that I have

> been maintaining since then. I manage 2 tanning salons and am a

buyer for a

> 3rd one. I also sell Kay part-time so I keep myself very

busy. I

> look forward to hearing more about your journeys.

> Thanks to everyone who has posted recipes and journal ideas. I

really

> appreciate the effort you put in to the group.

> On the topic of marriage I feel that you get what you give but

nothing

> is ever 50/50, one person will always give more. It can be hard

work at

> times but whoever said " pick you fights " gave out some sound

advice. Life

> is way too short to nit pick and bicker over all the small stuff.

Enjoy

> life and cherish each others company. None of us has any guarantee

as to

> how long we will be on this earth so live life to it's fullest each

day.

> Hugs - Sherrie K

>

> " Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. "

> -- Dean

> 8/01/01 - 184.5/133/135

Guest guest

Great to see you are still alive Sherrie! Im sure that with spring break, spring dance and then prom, im sure your business has been a busy one... keep us posted.. sure do miss your input! great job at your maintenance!!!! thanx too for the relationship input... this weeks discussion of it has given me alot to think about!

JENN

Hello everyone

Good evening everyone -

You all have become a very active group. I am soooooo far behind in responding to my e-mails. I have barely had time to read all the mail and no time to respond. I have been working 10-12 hour days at the salons which should end in a couple of weeks.

Welcome to all the new members. You have landed in a wonderful, caring and sharing community. I am one of the Sherrie's in this group, I am Sherrie K from MN. I am 46 and married to a wonderful man for many years. We have 3 grown children and 4 wonderful grandchildren. I do WW at Home and reached my goal at the end of Feb this year. I am happy to say that I have been maintaining since then. I manage 2 tanning salons and am a buyer for a 3rd one. I also sell Kay part-time so I keep myself very busy. I look forward to hearing more about your journeys.

Thanks to everyone who has posted recipes and journal ideas. I really appreciate the effort you put in to the group.

On the topic of marriage I feel that you get what you give but nothing is ever 50/50, one person will always give more. It can be hard work at times but whoever said "pick you fights" gave out some sound advice. Life is way too short to nit pick and bicker over all the small stuff. Enjoy life and cherish each others company. None of us has any guarantee as to how long we will be on this earth so live life to it's fullest each day.

Hugs - Sherrie K

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." -- Dean8/01/01 - 184.5/133/135

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

Guest guest

Thanks Jenn -

I really miss being part of the group. Yes, things have been very hectic for me at the salons. It seems that here in MN we went from winter to summer in a few short days. The weather has been fantastic which really brings out the tanners.

It seems I will be getting some down time this summer as my doctor says it is time to decide when I would like to have my hysterectomy. I have some female problems which are not improving and at my age this is the best choice. He says the recovery time is approximately 6 weeks which is a long period of inactivity for me. This is the biggest thing I will have to adjust to. Is there anyone out there that has had this operation who can give me some advice?

I hope all is well with you and your adorable family. Congrats to you on sticking with the program when everyone else quit. This shows what a winner you really are!!!!

Hugs - Sherrie K

-- Re: Hello everyone

Great to see you are still alive Sherrie! Im sure that with spring break, spring dance and then prom, im sure your business has been a busy one... keep us posted.. sure do miss your input! great job at your maintenance!!!! thanx too for the relationship input... this weeks discussion of it has given me alot to think about!

JENN

____________________________________________________ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

Guest guest

Thanks Maureen -

I hope to be back real soon.

Sherrie K

Hi Sherrie! Nice to hear from you!!Maureen

Guest guest

Kim -

Thanks for your input. I'm hoping I will bounce back as quickly as you did. I was hoping that losing the weight would also help shorten the recovery time.

Sherrie K

i dont know how similar they are but im sure they are a little similar recovery wise...i had a c-section about four months ago and was told the recovery time was also 6 weeks...i was 'back to normal' and not sore in a week, minus heavy stuff...just very careful about lifting things (i think that was more of a mental thing tho..i was afraid to rerip something i think)...i was told not to drive, so i didnt, but i felt like i could, in fact i carried around a 10-15 pound baby all day on top of doing regular housework (minus the trash and lifting the big loads of laundry...i still washed em tho)

anyway, dont know if this helps, but that's my experience...im 27 too, so dont know if age plays a factor with anything but thought i'd throw that in...

kimw

Re: Hello everyone

Guest guest

i dont know how similar they are but im sure they are a little similar recovery wise...i had a c-section about four months ago and was told the recovery time was also 6 weeks...i was 'back to normal' and not sore in a week, minus heavy stuff...just very careful about lifting things (i think that was more of a mental thing tho..i was afraid to rerip something i think)...i was told not to drive, so i didnt, but i felt like i could, in fact i carried around a 10-15 pound baby all day on top of doing regular housework (minus the trash and lifting the big loads of laundry...i still washed em tho)

anyway, dont know if this helps, but that's my experience...im 27 too, so dont know if age plays a factor with anything but thought i'd throw that in...

kimw

Guest guest

Hey Sherrie,

Do they have any idea when you will be having the surgery?? A friend of mine is supposed to have it as soon as school lets out. She has two kids and is a single mom. She was saying yesterday that she won't be able to drive for at least two weeks.

Let us know what is going on.

Maureen

JENN

Guest guest

Hi Sherrie,

from Colorado here, I haven't posted in a while. Anyway, I saw your question about the hysterectomy and I would be glad to talk to you about it. Mine was under difficult circumstances due to cancer, but now that two years has almost past it is the best thing that could have happened to me. I just turned 46 and at the time I thought, wow, I'm too young to be having this operation. I don't want to bore everyone with the details so feel free to email me privately and I can tell you how it went. One thing my doctor did do for me was give me a tummy tuck after the surgery. I only wish I had been thinner. I think though that since I had the tummy tuck it has made my body firm up better since I have lost weight.

I've been wondering about Z. too. I hope she is ok. I have been a part of this group since last July, but I am so busy (like the rest of you) that I can't post too often. I will try to do better. I have been enjoying all the recipes that come through. Thanks everyone.

JENN

Guest guest

Hi Sherrie, I have a friend who had one at the age of 27. She had terrible bleeding. So bad that she was hospitalized twice. If the doctor is recommending it I would maybe get a second opionion or if you trust your doctor then do it. I don't know what your cercumstances are, but I do know that everyones body is different and reacts different to medications and surgeries. Discuss your worries with your doctor and make sure all your questions and fears are delt with.

JENN

Guest guest

Wow ! Thank you for sharring that with us. It is so nice to hear success stories along my journey. I helps to keep me motivated!

-- RE: Hello everyone

Hi Maureen,

Thanks for asking, I am doing great health wise. It was two years ago this month that I was diagnosed with the cervical cancer (just by going in for my check-up) I wasn't having any problems (I highly recommend that every women go to her gyn Dr. at least once a year). Anyway I am feeling great and I have been at my goal weight now since last October. I joined last March 2001 at 231pounds and I am 5'10", I was so tired of carrying the extra weight around. I started slow with the exercise since I hadn't ever exercised in my life. I remember the first day I went out to walk, I just went around my block. I felt so good, I slowly added more distance and with in a few months I was walking 4 miles in an hour. I did it every morning outside rain or shine. I really think that made such a difference on my weight loss. I chose the high end of my goal weight so I didn't have to keep paying (I know I am cheap) lol. So in October 2001 I reached 174pounds and felt great. I also in October decided to join the local YMCA since it was starting to get cool here in Colorado and I knew my walking outside days were numbered. With joining the Y and starting a weight training program I continued to lose even though I was eating more points. I am now down to 155 and my body shape has really improved. My husband said the other day (we just celebrated 26years on April 10th) that I look great and better than the day we got married. I had to laugh! He has always been so supportive.

I am such a big supporter of this program so if anyone has any questions just ask me. I will be glad to help. This group I know was so helpful for me along the way too. I work at a church where I have my computer on all day so I can read the posts, but I have a hard time posting because I get so busy. I work in the Children's Ministry and there is never a dull moment to say the least.

Everyone have a great weekend and remember, tomorrow is another day. The other thing, if I can do this and lose 75 pounds believe me anyone can. I am a former couch potato, food loving gal!!

in Colorado

-----Original Message-----From: RW Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 2:49 PMTo: wwliterside Subject: Re: Hello everyone

HI ,

How are you doing?? Update us please!

Maureen

JENN

Guest guest

WOOHOOO!!! WEIGH TO GO NANCY!!! 155 is AWESOME!!!!

Maureen

JENN

Guest guest

When you made lifetime & didn't have to pay any longer, did you tell your WW leader that you still wanted to lose weight? (but didn't want to pay any longer) I just made lifetime, but I want to lose more weight myself.

M

JENN

Guest guest

Sherrie,

I had a hysterectomy 5 years ago at 41. The one thing I tell people is that they gave me a pain killer in the hospital called TYLOX (it probably isn't spelled right, but it sounds like that). It was WONDERFUL!!! It didn't make me fuzzy headed, but went to the pain and took it away. The 2nd day after the surgery (the first day I opted for pain shots instead of the IV pump) they brought me 2 pills but I only wanted 1. they didn't make me sleepy or groggy.

The hardest thing about having the Hysterectomy itself is that it plunges you right into menopause. The hot flashes & night sweats & the insomnia suck! I had a hard time finding the right hormone combo for me. I took Premarin for about 4 3/4 years & last month talked to my Dr. about a soy based estrogen that he prescribed for me. It seems to be ok.

Hope this gives you some insite. If I can answer any questions for you just ask!

Lois

Thanks Jenn -

I really miss being part of the group. Yes, things have been very hectic for me at the salons. It seems that here in MN we went from winter to summer in a few short days. The weather has been fantastic which really brings out the tanners.

It seems I will be getting some down time this summer as my doctor says it is time to decide when I would like to have my hysterectomy. I have some female problems which are not improving and at my age this is the best choice. He says the recovery time is approximately 6 weeks which is a long period of inactivity for me. This is the biggest thing I will have to adjust to. Is there anyone out there that has had this operation who can give me some advice?

I hope all is well with you and your adorable family. Congrats to you on sticking with the program when everyone else quit. This shows what a winner you really are!!!!

Hugs - Sherrie K

Guest guest

When my husband had his 4th back surgery they gave him Tylox too. He said it really helped with the pain.

Thanks Jenn -

Hugs - Sherrie K

Guest guest

Why didn't you get the IV Pump so you could deliver the medicine when you needed it?

Just curious--

Thanks Jenn -

Hugs - Sherrie K

Guest guest

Can I ask why you had a hysterectomy at such a young age?

Thanks Jenn -

Hugs - Sherrie K

Guest guest

Lois -

Thanks for the insight into your surgery. I really appreciate all the response I have gotten. I too am not excited about the side effects of menopause. That is on thing I had not even given much thought to. I am still considering the options and really appreciate everyone's thoughts.

Hugs - Sherrie

Thanks Jenn -

Hugs - Sherrie K

Guest guest

-

I will have to ask my doctor about Tylox. I have tried lots of different medications as I have a very high tolerance for pain. Tylox is one I am not familiar with. Thanks for the input.

Sherrie K

When my husband had his 4th back surgery they gave him Tylox too. He said it really helped with the pain.

Thanks Jenn -

Hugs - Sherrie K

Guest guest

tylox! that's what i was trying to think of...that's what they gave me when i had a c-section...it is great!

kimw

Thanks Jenn -

Hugs - Sherrie K

Guest guest

I had my hysterectomy so young because I had a 10 pound fibroid tumor that they could not reduce the size of it. I fought against it for a year before I relented and let them do it. For 6 months they gave me Lupron shots to try to reduce the size and it did not help. (My father had to have lupron shots for prostate cancer & he had more hot flashes from them than I had. heheehe)

Lois

Can I ask why you had a hysterectomy at such a young age?

Thanks Jenn -

Hugs - Sherrie K

Guest guest

I don't like pain & I knew that I wasn't allergic to the shots but didn't know if I was to the med they use in the pump. The shots worked great for me.

Lois

Why didn't you get the IV Pump so you could deliver the medicine when you needed it?

Just curious--

Thanks Jenn -

Hugs - Sherrie K

Guest guest

You can still lose weight if your lifetime. When I joined ww in the 80's they set me up with a goal range. 111 - 130 pds. once I made my high end range and maintained for 6 weeks I became lifetime. Then I continued to lose until I reached what I wanted to reach 115 pounds (many many pounds ago! LOL) Hope this helps

When you made lifetime & didn't have to pay any longer, did you tell your WW leader that you still wanted to lose weight? (but didn't want to pay any longer) I just made lifetime, but I want to lose more weight myself.

M

JENN

Guest guest

Hi ,

Yes, my leader knew I chose the high end of my goal. It was a personal thing for me to lose more. When I originally made lifetime in 1985 my goal weight was 163. Of course that was 15 almost 16 years ago. Since I am older my new goal weight was 174, but I felt like I could go lower. So I chose the 174 and didn't have to pay after I hit that, but I continued to stay at my mid range of points and I continued to lose. Now I eat at the high end of my points and I am maintaining. It is great and I have never felt better. I know you all can do it too!

in CO

-----Original Message-----From: & Joe Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 3:30 PMTo: wwliterside Subject: Re: Hello everyone

M

JENN

Guest guest

Hi Lois,

I think we must be about the same age. I haven't had a problem with hot flashes or night seats at all. I wear an estrogen patch that works great. I am going to ask my doctor about the soy based estrogen though the next time I see him. Thanks for the info.

in Colorado

Thanks Jenn -

Hugs - Sherrie K

Guest guest

Hey ! just wanted to say welcome back! glad to see you are posting again! things must have slowed down for you! congrats on the continued maintenance!

JENN

JENN