RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: C.R.E.S.T.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Babs, this just sounds simply awful for you! As well as others who have anything like this. My God I'm grateful I ONLY have ipf! God Bless.

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: C.R.E.S.T.

Hi all, this is the type I have. No fun. Most folks with this typedon't live past their late 40's, but I'm hanging in there at 47... :)Babs in Texas>> CREST is a form of Systemic Scleroderma, as opposed to Limited or> Diffuse Scleroderma.> > C = Calcinosis ; R = Raynauds Syndrome/Disease; E = Esophageal issues;> S = Scleradactyl; T = Telangiectasia.> > CREST is an autoimmune disorder. The blood test for this is the ACA> antibody screen.> > Here's a link to the Mayo webpage for CREST.> > http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/crest-syndrome/DS00580> > > UIP/LCH 5.06 CA>

Babs... on a serious note. How do you do your days? TV, books and us of course. How do you handle ordinary housework? Cooking/laundry/grocery shopping? I'm sorry I can't remember if you have kids at home?

My typical days are usually a mixture of online, TV, some phone, financial stuff when it needs doing and because I'm so worn out (big grin here) from all this hard work I sometimes even lay down for awhile in the afternoon!

I go to the bedroom around 7, watch TV or read and lights out about 11.

I seldom go out. Rich does most of the shopping, occasionally I go just to get out. We both cook or bring in.

Wow. What a day.

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: C.R.E.S.T.

Mama-Sher, it's been a roller coaster ride, let me tell ya' I've had 5or 6 esophageal stretchings because my esophagus strictures up like anhour glass and I can't swallow. I have calcinosis on my finger tipsand lost part of my pinky to it. A very small part, but a piece of menonetheless. And the Crohn's...well, there are some days I can't leavethe house. And sometimes it's weeks. Thank Goodness for the internet,books, and DirecTV!!! LOL!!! So much more, but since it doesn't really pertain to the PF (which iswhy we're here, right?) I'll just say that for anyone with AI diseaseslife can be a huge challenge. It's how we deal with these challengesthat shapes who we become. I'm a basket-case wrapped in a body ofoptimism and fortitude, with a huge pink bow... LOL!!!Thanks for the blessing. It means a great deal to me to have such kindand understanding folks in my corner.Big HUGS from Texas!Babs> >> > CREST is a form of Systemic Scleroderma, as opposed to Limited or> > Diffuse Scleroderma.> > > > C = Calcinosis ; R = Raynauds Syndrome/Disease; E = Esophagealissues;> > S = Scleradactyl; T = Telangiectasia.> > > > CREST is an autoimmune disorder. The blood test for this is the ACA> > antibody screen.> > > > Here's a link to the Mayo webpage for CREST.> > > > http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/crest-syndrome/DS00580> > > > > > UIP/LCH 5.06 CA> >>

barbara is the calcinosis is that where your fingers turn ulcer likesoes? di nip 2002Barbara wrote: Mama-Sher, it's been a roller coaster ride, let me tell ya' I've had 5or 6 esophageal stretchings because my esophagus strictures up like anhour glass and I can't swallow. I have calcinosis on my finger tipsand lost part of my pinky to it. A very small part, but a piece of menonetheless. And the Crohn's...well, there are some days I can't leavethe house. And sometimes it's weeks. Thank Goodness for the

internet,books, and DirecTV!!! LOL!!! So much more, but since it doesn't really pertain to the PF (which iswhy we're here, right?) I'll just say that for anyone with AI diseaseslife can be a huge challenge. It's how we deal with these challengesthat shapes who we become. I'm a basket-case wrapped in a body ofoptimism and fortitude, with a huge pink bow... LOL!!!Thanks for the blessing. It means a great deal to me to have such kindand understanding folks in my corner.Big HUGS from Texas!Babs> >> > CREST is a form of Systemic Scleroderma, as opposed to Limited or> > Diffuse Scleroderma.> > > > C = Calcinosis ; R = Raynauds Syndrome/Disease; E = Esophagealissues;> > S = Scleradactyl; T = Telangiectasia.> > > > CREST is an autoimmune disorder. The blood test for this is the ACA> > antibody screen.> >

> > Here's a link to the Mayo webpage for CREST.> > > > http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/crest-syndrome/DS00580> > > > > > UIP/LCH 5.06 CA> >>

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.