RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Yogurt making process - tips

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi, I didn't realize they have permanent coffee filters :-). Usually I do it by batch using the cheese maker you had linked. It has a cover with it and it really doesn't need filters unless I've gone below whole milk--lower fat has a ton of liquid in it. I'll check out the permanent filters just in case. I have two Euro yogurt makers with the seven glass jars and...guess what I got for my birthday? A Salton yogurt maker. A whole new process to learn. (My fault I guess because I mentioned a frozen yogurt maker and got a regular one ha ha).

Debbie 38 crohn's

scd

Hi Debbie, Have you tried permanent coffee filters? I'm thinking ofgetting one solely for yogurt if the paper filters work out ok. Notsure if the permanent filters will work the same as paper though. Thanks,Kat " IBS " (undiagnosed)SCD since 01/23/2008http://scdkatfood.blogspot.com/

>> Hi, I use this a lot to drip yogurt. Makes it very thick.

Sometimes I line> it with a coffee filter but it's not really necessary. If you don'thave> enough room to drip it all at once, you can use a metal or mesh strainer> lined with unbleached coffee filters. Just dip the yogurt in,

cover, put in> the fridge and leave overnight or 8 hours. Sometimes I cover itwith saran> wrap, not always.> > Hope this helps,> Debbie 38 crohn's> scd>

Guest guest

Hi Debbie: Please let me know how the Salton works. I need to get a bigger yogurt maker because I too have the one that uses 7 glass jars and I had purchased an additional 7 jars but melted the lids when I was steralizing them. I'd like to make more at one time now that I can tolerate 2 cups a day. Thanks, Misty Kimble , LA CDSCD - Jan 5 08Debra Orebaugh wrote: A Salton yogurt

maker. A whole new process to learn. (My fault I guess because I mentioned a frozen yogurt maker and got a regular one ha ha). Debbie 38 crohn's scd . __________________________________________________

Guest guest

You can cover them with saran wrap in a pinch.

Mara

> Hi Debbie:

>

> Please let me know how the Salton works. I need to get a bigger

> yogurt maker because I too have the one that uses 7 glass jars and I

> had purchased an additional 7 jars but melted the lids when I was

> steralizing them. I'd like to make more at one time now that I can

> tolerate 2 cups a day.

>

> Thanks,

>

> Misty Kimble

> , LA

> CD

> SCD - Jan 5 08

Guest guest

Debra Orebaugh wrote:A Salton yogurt maker. A whole new process to learn. (My fault I guess because I mentioned a frozen yogurt maker and got a regular one ha ha).Maybe you could exchange it for the frozen yogurt maker. Or would thatbe too impolitic in the situation? Mara

Guest guest

Mara, you are my saviour. I never thought about that. Once this batch is done, I'm going to make a second batch with the plastic cover. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! Misty Kimble , LA CD SCD - Jan 5 08Mara Schiffren wrote: You can cover them with saran wrap in a pinch.Mara> Hi Debbie:>> Please let me know how the Salton works. I need to

get a bigger > yogurt maker because I too have the one that uses 7 glass jars and I > had purchased an additional 7 jars but melted the lids when I was > steralizing them. I'd like to make more at one time now that I can > tolerate 2 cups a day.>> Thanks,>> Misty Kimble> , LA> CD> SCD - Jan 5 08 __________________________________________________