RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: Re: legal vitamin c? verify ingredients!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Kim,

It helps to know that you understand about the sensitivities to supplements. Because I'm one of the most severe with MCS and my detox system and CNS is compromised I have to be very careful about how much die-off I do without enough nutritional support. In fact, I don't really believe in diets, and know that it can be dangerous to fast with my condition, but here I am on the SCD. :-)

One of the biggest challenges in my life is that I have unhealthy housing which compromises my health a great deal. There is no healthy housing which is affordable for me. Ideally I need a house built for me.

I looked at all my supplements yesterday and I'm not sure what to do, at this point. Some seem legal and others seem illegal and some I still have to investigate the ingredients. I have decreased the supplements a lot during the diet, but I feel as if I need to be careful. So I chose the best yesterday to continue on until I can figure out what to do. I may get to a health store soon and I have an ND appointment in April.

I gave myself a glutathione injection yesterday to help me. It's compounded without anything added, so that's helpful. Most glutathione has Vitamin C added.

One of the most alarming things for me is that I had great BMs before the diet and now they are not at all healthy. I had a tiny bit of constipation during week 2 and now at the end of week 3 there are just little bits, very thin, and sometimes floating on top of the water. Nothing like the great BMs I used to have.

I don't feel the severe detox that I felt during week one; in other words, I'm not dizzy, and I don't feel like the flu all the time now. However, I'm excessively tired. I realized quickly that I need to eat every two hours on this diet or my blood sugar drops.

I'm glad you can use the Kirkman Lab products, including the mag and the acidophilus. They must help.

I sure hope I can take some acidophilus soon, in case it helps me.

I'm trying to assess if there is anything good so far about the diet for me. I may be a little more relaxed and I need to sleep more. Between March 2nd and March 11th I experienced some stress with a "friend" in a group I run, so it was hard to tell.

I admire the way you have sorted out your sensitivities, candida, foods, supplements, etc. Thanks for your encouragement.

Louise

-----Original Message-----From: BTVC-SCD [mailto:BTVC-SCD ]On Behalf Of kkmumbowerSent: Sunday, March 16, 2008 8:25 AMTo: BTVC-SCD Subject: Re: Re: legal vitamin c? verify ingredients!

Louise

Like you, I'm sensitive to supplements as well. I do best with injections; sublingual can be tricky, and oral is even more difficult. Like you, a lot of my body's reactions depends on the source of the vitamins and minerals. A lot also depends on how often I take it, or how large the dosage of individual ingredients.

I can't tolerate any Freeda products. I do well with Kirkman Labs children's multivitamin, but I only take it once a week to keep my immune system from reacting. And I do well with Kirkman Labs magnesium and acidophilus. I do better mixing the supplements in water, so I look for supplements in a capsule or powder form. Saves having to crush tablets, and I can avoid the questionable material used in the tablet coating. Questionable for my body I mean; I make sure the materials used in the tablets, if I try them, are still SCD-legal. Just because an ingredient is listed as legal doesn't mean my own body will accept them. As you have learned as well [grin].

I do use the legal/illegal supplement ingredient list on www.pecanbread.com when I'm searching for new supplements. I think your B capsules are OK. My body can't handle a Bcomplex supplement, so I can't advise you on other legal Bcomplex supplements. Fortunately I'm only low in B12, so I give myself a monthly injection.

Kim M.

SCD 4+ years