RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Food Sensitivities

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Louise

I think it's safe to say that during the first 6 months on SCD you'll be going through the worst of detoxing and die-off, so you can expect all kinds of unusual symptoms and problems. Food sensitivities can also be an issue during this time.

It will help if you can get some probiotics regularly. Doesn't have to be yogurt, but you could try a legal acidophilus supplement. You want to replace the bad microorganisms being killed off by a community-minded bacteria like acidophilus. Does help a lot.

Thin stools (bowel movements) are usually a sign of inflammation. I get this periodically, usually after I've had a few days of my upper GI symptoms flaring. Doesn't happen as often now that I've been on SCD for more than 4 years; happened a lot during my first year on SCD when I was going through such heavy-duty detoxing and healing.

I lost a lot of weight fairly rapidly during the first 2 years on SCD. I had a lot to lose, though. It was nice to lose weight without any struggles! Now I have had to cut back on foods since I gained some of the weight back. It's a good sign that my body is absorbing better, but it means I have to go back to working at losing weight [sigh]. To lose weight you do need to be in a state of mild ketosis. The important thing is to make sure you get a good balance of foods so you stay nourished. SCD is such a healthy way of eating that usually people find their weight levels off, whether they need to gain or lose.

I have blood sugar issues -- can get hypoglycemic easily. So I have to follow some strategies to maintain my blood sugar levels. Not difficult, and I stick to SCD legal foods my body will tolerate. I find a lot depends on how often I eat, and what I eat when.

And, of course, my body is ultra sensitive to supplements and medications. I have worked out what my body will tolerate and in what dosage, but I had to go through a lot of possibilities. Good thing that I can get a trial size of most supplements, so I have less to throw out when my body reacts violently to something everyone recommends!

Keep asking questions. You're making a lifestyle change when you switch over to SCD. Lots of information to absorb during the first few months.

Kim M.

SCD 4+ years

Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction, GP, IBS-C 5 years

neurological conditions 2+ years