RemedySpot.com

Re:Re: eating fats

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Jodi

I have daily experience with the pain in the location you describe. Fats are usually one of the triggers of this. In my case the pain is coming from my bile ducts; I have biliary dyskinesia, along with Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction. Which means nausea and pain every time I eat and drink. I've learned to limit my fats along with fiber and spices which keeps the symptoms minimal.

I don't have a gallbladder now, but it's common to have back pain between the shoulder blades with gallbladder or bile duct problems, and the location of the pain is always RUQ, to the right and above the stomach, just under the central edge of the ribs.

Yep, difficult to find a comfortable position, and bloating is part of it, plus pressure in the RUQ. I had this for months before I was finally diagnosed with my upper GI disorders, and also had an ERCP which found a bile duct blockage that hadn't shown up on any of the tests and scans I'd had (and I had plenty over 6 months, believe me!).

If you still have a gallbladder, you might have some sludge or stones that are blocking the common bile duct. If you don't have a gallbladder, you might still have some bile duct issues. I do suggest you talk to your gastroenterologist about this; and, if necessary, get 2nd and 3rd opinions.

At the very least, your body is warning you it can't cope with fats too well.

Kim M.

SCD 4+ years

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

often times i find that when i eat fats (mostly dairy fats give methis problem although nut flour and nut butter can be an issue.. dontseem to have a problem with a little butter, olive oil)i get this pain in my upper right side in the front. also sometimes ifeel it in my back. it is uncomfortable and like "aches". i findwhen i feel this way i need to sit differently and i also feel bloatedand sometimes trying to breathe relieves some of the discomfort.what do you think this could be?i understand this might be right upper quadrant pain..all my blood tests for liver functions/pancreas are totally normalit just drives me crazy sometimes.jodi

>>>>>>>>>>>>

often times i find that when i eat fats (mostly dairy fats give methis problem although nut flour and nut butter can be an issue.. dontseem to have a problem with a little butter, olive oil)i get this pain in my upper right side in the front. also sometimes ifeel it in my back. it is uncomfortable and like "aches". i findwhen i feel this way i need to sit differently and i also feel bloatedand sometimes trying to breathe relieves some of the discomfort.what do you think this could be?i understand this might be right upper quadrant pain..all my blood tests for liver functions/pancreas are totally normalit just drives me crazy sometimes.jodi