RemedySpot.com

Re: Dear Dr. BRUCE: Lou here

Rate this topic

Guest guest

From the day I went on oxygen, every shower has been with it. I

remember before all my coughing and everything in the shower. Much of

that is gone although still get a bit tired. But, if there is

anywhere in your house you absolutely need oxygen, the shower is it.

I used it on my trip as well in the Hotel shower. Its sad that the

doctors offer us no practical tips such as that. I've seen so many

people hesitant to take it into the shower. Well, with what I put

these hoses through, I've learned they are much much tougher than we

give them credit for being.

>

> Hey there Doc!!! Have you heard anyone talk about taking a shower

with

> the cannula in the other room? I never take a shower with it on,

and

> yesterday had a bad experience. I really couldn't get back to my

> bedroom to get the cannula so Hubby did for me. I do not take hot

> showers, just luke warm, (hate the heat) so it wasn't the humidity,

it

> was the exertion of drying off out of the tub afterwards. I

started to

> see large white spots in front of my eyes and thought I was going

to

> pass out, literally.

>

> I called oxy company this morning about the cannula's safety in the

> tub. They said it was ok to use it as long as the " concentrator "

was

> in the other room somewhere which mine is always in the d/room.

> Anyhow, today I put the cannula on the bathroom doorknob as I got

in

> the shower and put it back on as soon as I shut off the water.

Then

> drying off was easy and no panic situation. I had not begun to

think I

> was that far along with needing the oxy. so very much. It is on #3

and

> has been for some time. Those white spots concern me though. Next

> time I talk to pulmo will tell him about that.

> Love, Lou (any input on this from you or anyone?)

>

Lou,

Please don't hesitate to take that tubing and cannula right in the shower with you. Water won't hurt it and you'll be able to shower and dry off much more comfortably. I hesitated at first but Peggy encouraged me to just take it into the shower with me and I am back to enjoying the shower again!!

Beth in NC age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Dear Dr. BRUCE: Lou here

Hey there Doc!!! Have you heard anyone talk about taking a shower with the cannula in the other room? I never take a shower with it on, and yesterday had a bad experience. I really couldn't get back to my bedroom to get the cannula so Hubby did for me. I do not take hot showers, just luke warm, (hate the heat) so it wasn't the humidity, it was the exertion of drying off out of the tub afterwards. I started to see large white spots in front of my eyes and thought I was going to pass out, literally. I called oxy company this morning about the cannula's safety in the tub. They said it was ok to use it as long as the "concentrator" was in the other room somewhere which mine is always in the d/room. Anyhow, today I put the cannula on the bathroom doorknob as I got in the shower and put it back on as soon as I shut off the water. Then drying off was easy and no panic situation. I had not begun to think

I was that far along with needing the oxy. so very much. It is on #3 and has been for some time. Those white spots concern me though. Next time I talk to pulmo will tell him about that.Love, Lou (any input on this from you or anyone?)

Lou, Put a longer hose on your cannula and keep it on.. I have done this for over three years and I LOVE my showers.I have shower chair and a hand held shower thingie.  Joyce came up with putting on a fluffy robe and that saves on energydrying off.  Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." Hey there Doc!!! Have you heard anyone talk about taking a shower with the cannula in the other room? I never take a shower with it on, and yesterday had a bad experience. I really couldn't get back to my bedroom to get the cannula so Hubby did for me. I do not take hot showers, just luke warm, (hate the heat) so it wasn't the humidity, it was the exertion of drying off out of the tub afterwards. I started to see large white spots in front of my eyes and thought I was going to pass out, literally. I called oxy company this morning about the cannula's safety in the tub. They said it was ok to use it as long as the "concentrator" was in the other room somewhere which mine is always in the d/room. Anyhow, today I put the cannula on the bathroom doorknob as I got in the shower and put it back on as soon as I shut off the water. Then drying off was easy and no panic situation. I had not begun to think I was that far along with needing the oxy. so very much. It is on #3 and has been for some time. Those white spots concern me though. Next time I talk to pulmo will tell him about that.Love, Lou (any input on this from you or anyone?)

Lou,

I need my 02 in the shower more than any other place. Have you ever measured your saturation coming out. Between the activity of shampooing, leg shaving, etc. and the drying with the air filled with moisture....your poor lungs are hungry for oxygen. I just got a big terry robe that I slip on coming out of the shower...no drying.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.

>> Hey there Doc!!! Have you heard anyone talk about taking a shower with > the cannula in the other room? I never take a shower with it on, and > yesterday had a bad experience. I really couldn't get back to my > bedroom to get the cannula so Hubby did for me. I do not take hot > showers, just luke warm, (hate the heat) so it wasn't the humidity, it > was the exertion of drying off out of the tub afterwards. I started to > see large white spots in front of my eyes and thought I was going to > pass out, literally. > > I called oxy company this morning about the cannula's safety in the > tub. They said it was ok to use it as long as the "concentrator" was > in the other room somewhere which mine is always in the d/room. > Anyhow, today I put the cannula on the bathroom doorknob as I got in > the shower and put it back on as soon as I shut off the water. Then > drying off was easy and no panic situation. I had not begun to think I > was that far along with needing the oxy. so very much. It is on #3 and > has been for some time. Those white spots concern me though. Next > time I talk to pulmo will tell him about that.> Love, Lou (any input on this from you or anyone?)>

Lou, Take the cannula into the

shower!!!!!!!! You ought to use the o2 while showering too!!!

It really makes taking a shower so much easier.

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

goldmist25 wrote:

Hey there Doc!!! Have you heard anyone talk about taking a shower

with

the cannula in the other room? I never take a shower with it on, and

yesterday had a bad experience. I really couldn't get back to my

bedroom to get the cannula so Hubby did for me. I do not take hot

showers, just luke warm, (hate the heat) so it wasn't the humidity, it

was the exertion of drying off out of the tub afterwards. I started to

see large white spots in front of my eyes and thought I was going to

pass out, literally.

I called oxy company this morning about the cannula's safety in the

tub. They said it was ok to use it as long as the "concentrator" was

in the other room somewhere which mine is always in the d/room.

Anyhow, today I put the cannula on the bathroom doorknob as I got in

the shower and put it back on as soon as I shut off the water. Then

drying off was easy and no panic situation. I had not begun to think I

was that far along with needing the oxy. so very much. It is on #3 and

has been for some time. Those white spots concern me though. Next

time I talk to pulmo will tell him about that.

Love, Lou (any input on this from you or anyone?)

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.1/1220 - Release Date: 1/11/2008 6:09 PM

I've found it easier to keep my cannula on in the shower, but does anyone know why taking a shower is an issue for us? It's not like I do that much, soaping down shouldn't take that much out of me, surely!

Love Ze xx> > > Hey there Doc!!! Have you heard anyone talk about taking a shower with> > the cannula in the other room? I never take a shower with it on, and> > yesterday had a bad experience. I really couldn't get back to my> > bedroom to get the cannula so Hubby did for me. I do not take hot> > showers, just luke warm, (hate the heat) so it wasn't the humidity, it> > was the exertion of drying off out of the tub afterwards. I started to> > see large white spots in front of my eyes and thought I was going to> > pass out, literally.> >> > I called oxy company this morning about the cannula's safety in the> > tub. They said it was ok to use it as long as the "concentrator" was> > in the other room somewhere which mine is always in the d/room.> > Anyhow, today I put the cannula on the bathroom doorknob as I got in> > the shower and put it back on as soon as I shut off the water. Then> > drying off was easy and no panic situation. I had not begun to think I> > was that far along with needing the oxy. so very much. It is on #3 and> > has been for some time. Those white spots concern me though. Next> > time I talk to pulmo will tell him about that.> > Love, Lou (any input on this from you or anyone?)> >> > > >> >------------------------------------------------------------------------> >> >No virus found in this incoming message.> >Checked by AVG Free Edition. > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.1/1220 - Release Date: 1/11/2008 6:09 PM> > > >>

The extreme humidity and the temperature.

Also, some of the positions, especially washing your hair or bending

over to wash.

> >

> > > Hey there Doc!!! Have you heard anyone talk about taking a

shower

> with

> > > the cannula in the other room? I never take a shower with it

on, and

> > > yesterday had a bad experience. I really couldn't get back to my

> > > bedroom to get the cannula so Hubby did for me. I do not take

hot

> > > showers, just luke warm, (hate the heat) so it wasn't the

humidity,

> it

> > > was the exertion of drying off out of the tub afterwards. I

started

> to

> > > see large white spots in front of my eyes and thought I was

going to

> > > pass out, literally.

> > >

> > > I called oxy company this morning about the cannula's safety in

the

> > > tub. They said it was ok to use it as long as

the " concentrator " was

> > > in the other room somewhere which mine is always in the d/room.

> > > Anyhow, today I put the cannula on the bathroom doorknob as I

got in

> > > the shower and put it back on as soon as I shut off the water.

Then

> > > drying off was easy and no panic situation. I had not begun to

think

> I

> > > was that far along with needing the oxy. so very much. It is on

> and

> > > has been for some time. Those white spots concern me though.

Next

> > > time I talk to pulmo will tell him about that.

> > > Love, Lou (any input on this from you or anyone?)

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >-------------------------------------------------------------------

----\

> -

> > >

> > >No virus found in this incoming message.

> > >Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.1/1220 - Release Date:

> 1/11/2008 6:09 PM

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Zena, Besides the humidity, I have found that anything that requires me to raise my hands over my head lowers my o2 level. Especially washing my hair or trying on clothes. I think it must be one of those things like stair climbing, it takes more energy than we think. By the way , yesterday I did my driving experiment to see if my sats dropped when I go for long drives. After 30 minutes I went from 97 to 92 and after 45 minutes was in the high 80's- so I will be using oxygen when I drive now. Take care Zena- Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California Re: Dear Dr. BRUCE: Lou here

I've found it easier to keep my cannula on in the shower, but does anyone know why taking a shower is an issue for us? It's not like I do that much, soaping down shouldn't take that much out of me, surely!

Love Ze xx> > > Hey there Doc!!! Have you heard anyone talk about taking a shower with> > the cannula in the other room? I never take a shower with it on, and> > yesterday had a bad experience. I really couldn't get back to my> > bedroom to get the cannula so Hubby did for me. I

do not take hot> > showers, just luke warm, (hate the heat) so it wasn't the humidity, it> > was the exertion of drying off out of the tub afterwards. I started to> > see large white spots in front of my eyes and thought I was going to> > pass out, literally.> >> > I called oxy company this morning about the cannula's safety in the> > tub. They said it was ok to use it as long as the "concentrator" was> > in the other room somewhere which mine is always in the d/room.> > Anyhow, today I put the cannula on the bathroom doorknob as I got in> > the shower and put it back on as soon as I shut off the water. Then> > drying off was easy and no panic situation. I had not begun to think I> > was that far along with needing the oxy. so very much. It is on #3 and> > has been for some time. Those white spots concern me though.

Next> > time I talk to pulmo will tell him about that.> > Love, Lou (any input on this from you or anyone?)> >> > > >> >------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------> >> >No virus found in this incoming message.> >Checked by AVG Free Edition. > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.1/1220 - Release Date: 1/11/2008 6:09 PM> > > >>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Funny, isn't it. Again, something that you would have thought wouldn't use up much O2, I was out today and couldn't work out why I was having trouble with my sats, when I got home, I found out that my hose for my portable canister has a leak Oh well, I'm seeing my O2 guy tomorrow, so I'll get a new one off of him then.> > > > > Hey there Doc!!! Have you heard anyone talk about taking a shower with> > > the cannula in the other room? I never take a shower with it on, and> > > yesterday had a bad experience. I really couldn't get back to my> > > bedroom to get the cannula so Hubby did for me. I do not take hot> > > showers, just luke warm, (hate the heat) so it wasn't the humidity, it> > > was the exertion of drying off out of the tub afterwards. I started to> > > see large white spots in front of my eyes and thought I was going to> > > pass out, literally.> > >> > > I called oxy company this morning about the cannula's safety in the> > > tub. They said it was ok to use it as long as the "concentrator" was> > > in the other room somewhere which mine is always in the d/room.> > > Anyhow, today I put the cannula on the bathroom doorknob as I got in> > > the shower and put it back on as soon as I shut off the water. Then> > > drying off was easy and no panic situation. I had not begun to think I> > > was that far along with needing the oxy. so very much. It is on #3 and> > > has been for some time. Those white spots concern me though. Next> > > time I talk to pulmo will tell him about that.> > > Love, Lou (any input on this from you or anyone?)> > >> > > > > >> > >------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------> > >> > >No virus found in this incoming message.> > >Checked by AVG Free Edition. > > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.1/1220 - Release Date: 1/11/2008 6:09 PM> > > > > >> >> > > > > > > > > > > > > <!--> > #ygrp-mkp{> border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:14px 0px;padding:0px 14px;}> #ygrp-mkp hr{> border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}> #ygrp-mkp #hd{> color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:bold;line-height:122%;margin:10px 0px;}> #ygrp-mkp #ads{> margin-bottom:10px;}> #ygrp-mkp .ad{> padding:0 0;}> #ygrp-mkp .ad a{> color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}> -->> > > > <!--> > #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{> font-family:Arial;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{> margin:10px 0px;font-weight:bold;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{> margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}> -->> > > > <!--> > #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}> #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}> #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}> #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;}> #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}> #ygrp-text{> font-family:Georgia;> }> #ygrp-text p{> margin:0 0 1em 0;}> #ygrp-tpmsgs{> font-family:Arial;> clear:both;}> #ygrp-vitnav{> padding-top:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;margin:0;}> #ygrp-vitnav a{> padding:0 1px;}> #ygrp-actbar{> clear:both;margin:25px 0;white-space:nowrap;color:#666;text-align:right;}> #ygrp-actbar .left{> float:left;white-space:nowrap;}> .bld{font-weight:bold;}> #ygrp-grft{> font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;padding:15px 0;}> #ygrp-ft{> font-family:verdana;font-size:77%;border-top:1px solid #666;> padding:5px 0;> }> #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{> padding-bottom:10px;}> > #ygrp-vital{> background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:2px 0 8px 8px;}> #ygrp-vital #vithd{> font-size:77%;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:bold;color:#333;text-transform:uppercase;}> #ygrp-vital ul{> padding:0;margin:2px 0;}> #ygrp-vital ul li{> list-style-type:none;clear:both;border:1px solid #e0ecee;> }> #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{> font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;float:right;width:2em;text-align:right;padding-right:.5em;}> #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{> font-weight:bold;}> #ygrp-vital a{> text-decoration:none;}> > #ygrp-vital a:hover{> text-decoration:underline;}> > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{> color:#999;font-size:77%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov{> padding:6px 13px;background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{> padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{> list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;font-size:77%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{> text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #nc{> background-color:#eee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:0 8px;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad{> padding:8px 0;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{> font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold;color:#628c2a;font-size:100%;line-height:122%;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{> text-decoration:none;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{> text-decoration:underline;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{> margin:0;}> o{font-size:0;}> .MsoNormal{> margin:0 0 0 0;}> #ygrp-text tt{> font-size:120%;}> blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}> .replbq{margin:4;}> -->> > > > > > > > > ____________________________________________________________________________________> Looking for last minute shopping deals? > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping>

I've have to use oxygen in the shower at a level of 7 at least. Even then, sitting down with a portable shower head, I still have difficulty controling my breathing(panic seems to set in!) iF i COULD LEARN HOW TO CONTROL MY BREATHING IT MIGHT HELP. Just takes a lot out of me and my fingers turn blue still. any suggestions would be nice! KS UPF06/07

Love Ze xx> > > Hey there Doc!!! Have you heard anyone talk about taking a shower with> > the cannula in the other room? I never take a shower with it on, and> > yesterday had a bad experience. I really couldn't get back to my> > bedroom to get the cannula so Hubby did for me. I do

not take hot> > showers, just luke warm, (hate the heat) so it wasn't the humidity, it> > was the exertion of drying off out of the tub afterwards. I started to> > see large white spots in front of my eyes and thought I was going to> > pass out, literally.> >> > I called oxy company this morning about the cannula's safety in the> > tub. They said it was ok to use it as long as the "concentrator" was> > in the other room somewhere which mine is always in the d/room.> > Anyhow, today I put the cannula on the bathroom doorknob as I got in> > the shower and put it back on as soon as I shut off the water. Then> > drying off was easy and no panic situation. I had not begun to think I> > was that far along with needing the oxy. so very much. It is on #3 and> > has been for some time. Those white spots concern me though. Next>

> time I talk to pulmo will tell him about that.> > Love, Lou (any input on this from you or anyone?)> >> > > >> >------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------> >> >No virus found in this incoming message.> >Checked by AVG Free Edition. > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.1/1220 - Release Date: 1/11/2008 6:09 PM> > > >>

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

There is actually a very logical explanation for the shortness of breath when we're moving our arms above our heads or actually any vigourous upper body movement like vacuuming, doing the dishes, blowdrying our hair etc. It was given to me by a doctor in the pulmonary rehab program I attended. People with lung disease actually use more muscles to breath than folks without lung disease. We may not even be aware of it but our intracostal muscles (the ones between our ribs) and our diaphragm need assitance from the muscles in our upper backs, arms and neck to try to get enough air into our compromised lungs. Our lungs are "stiff" and resist expansion and it takes alot of effort to overcome that. We're doing it all the time and are not even aware of it.

When we add another activity that involves those muscles like shampooing our hair or something, it's too much work to be done with our limited resources and we get short of breath and for me those muscles get weak and tired fast. That's why I have to take my O2 in the shower with me, have a chair in there and take my sweet time. Oddly the humidity doesn't bother me, in fact I feel better in higher humidity. It's excessively dry air that takes my breath away

Beth in NC age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Love Ze xx> > > Hey there Doc!!! Have you heard anyone talk about taking a shower with> > the cannula in the other room? I never take a shower with it on, and> > yesterday had a bad experience. I really couldn't get back to my> > bedroom to get the cannula so Hubby did for me. I do

not take hot> > showers, just luke warm, (hate the heat) so it wasn't the humidity, it> > was the exertion of drying off out of the tub afterwards. I started to> > see large white spots in front of my eyes and thought I was going to> > pass out, literally.> >> > I called oxy company this morning about the cannula's safety in the> > tub. They said it was ok to use it as long as the "concentrator" was> > in the other room somewhere which mine is always in the d/room.> > Anyhow, today I put the cannula on the bathroom doorknob as I got in> > the shower and put it back on as soon as I shut off the water. Then> > drying off was easy and no panic situation. I had not begun to think I> > was that far along with needing the oxy. so very much. It is on #3 and> > has been for some time. Those white spots concern me though. Next>

> time I talk to pulmo will tell him about that.> > Love, Lou (any input on this from you or anyone?)> >> > > >> >------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------> >> >No virus found in this incoming message.> >Checked by AVG Free Edition. > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.1/1220 - Release Date: 1/11/2008 6:09 PM> > > >>

Beth,

That's very interesting and makes alot of sense. Thank you

Love Ze xx> > > > > Hey there Doc!!! Have you heard anyone talk about taking a shower with> > > the cannula in the other room? I never take a shower with it on, and> > > yesterday had a bad experience. I really couldn't get back to my> > > bedroom to get the cannula so Hubby did for me. I do not take hot> > > showers, just luke warm, (hate the heat) so it wasn't the humidity, it> > > was the exertion of drying off out of the tub afterwards. I started to> > > see large white spots in front of my eyes and thought I was going to> > > pass out, literally.> > >> > > I called oxy company this morning about the cannula's safety in the> > > tub. They said it was ok to use it as long as the "concentrator" was> > > in the other room somewhere which mine is always in the d/room.> > > Anyhow, today I put the cannula on the bathroom doorknob as I got in> > > the shower and put it back on as soon as I shut off the water. Then> > > drying off was easy and no panic situation. I had not begun to think I> > > was that far along with needing the oxy. so very much. It is on #3 and> > > has been for some time. Those white spots concern me though. Next> > > time I talk to pulmo will tell him about that.> > > Love, Lou (any input on this from you or anyone?)> > >> > > > > >> > >------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------> > >> > >No virus found in this incoming message.> > >Checked by AVG Free Edition. > > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.1/1220 - Release Date: 1/11/2008 6:09 PM> > > > > >> >> > > > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>

Zena,

Humidity!

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.> >> > > Hey there Doc!!! Have you heard anyone talk about taking a shower> with> > > the cannula in the other room? I never take a shower with it on, and> > > yesterday had a bad experience. I really couldn't get back to my> > > bedroom to get the cannula so Hubby did for me. I do not take hot> > > showers, just luke warm, (hate the heat) so it wasn't the humidity,> it> > > was the exertion of drying off out of the tub afterwards. I started> to> > > see large white spots in front of my eyes and thought I was going to> > > pass out, literally.> > >> > > I called oxy company this morning about the cannula's safety in the> > > tub. They said it was ok to use it as long as the "concentrator" was> > > in the other room somewhere which mine is always in the d/room.> > > Anyhow, today I put the cannula on the bathroom doorknob as I got in> > > the shower and put it back on as soon as I shut off the water. Then> > > drying off was easy and no panic situation. I had not begun to think> I> > > was that far along with needing the oxy. so very much. It is on #3> and> > > has been for some time. Those white spots concern me though. Next> > > time I talk to pulmo will tell him about that.> > > Love, Lou (any input on this from you or anyone?)> > >> > >> > >> >> >-----------------------------------------------------------------------\> -> > >> > >No virus found in this incoming message.> > >Checked by AVG Free Edition.> > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.1/1220 - Release Date:> 1/11/2008 6:09 PM> > >> > >> >>

Maybe for that brief time 7 isn't even doing it. For that very brief

time there isn't a lot of danger in having your oxygen even a bit

higher than needed. The fingers turning blue would really indicate 7

may not be enough. Also, what level are you normally on for heavy

activity? It would probably be at least that. And if thats more than

your equipment is setup for you may not be getting it. For instance,

do you have high flow cannulas? Are you on a concentrator? If so, 7

isn't really 7 and at that level it makes a difference. 7 may be

anywhere from 6-6.3 on a concentrator.

Also, you say panic sets in. Are you using shower curtain? If so,

open it at least partially if not all the way. If a door, open it.

Two other things.

For those with significant others, I still suggest sponge baths, at

least a large portion of the time. Done properly they get you clean

and are quite enjoyable.

Shampooing is a real problem. So, I suggest trying rinseless shampoo

under a shower cap outside the shower. It does work. You might still

periodically want regular but with ear surgery I had to go at least

two months both times on rinseless. And with my sponge bath in the

hospital for my VATS I got rinseless.

> >

> > > Hey there Doc!!! Have you heard anyone talk about taking a

shower with

> > > the cannula in the other room? I never take a shower with it

on, and

> > > yesterday had a bad experience. I really couldn't get back to my

> > > bedroom to get the cannula so Hubby did for me. I do not take

hot

> > > showers, just luke warm, (hate the heat) so it wasn't the

humidity, it

> > > was the exertion of drying off out of the tub afterwards. I

started to

> > > see large white spots in front of my eyes and thought I was

going to

> > > pass out, literally.

> > >

> > > I called oxy company this morning about the cannula's safety in

the

> > > tub. They said it was ok to use it as long as

the " concentrator " was

> > > in the other room somewhere which mine is always in the d/room.

> > > Anyhow, today I put the cannula on the bathroom doorknob as I

got in

> > > the shower and put it back on as soon as I shut off the water.

Then

> > > drying off was easy and no panic situation. I had not begun to

think I

> > > was that far along with needing the oxy. so very much. It is on

#3 and

> > > has been for some time. Those white spots concern me though.

Next

> > > time I talk to pulmo will tell him about that.

> > > Love, Lou (any input on this from you or anyone?)

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --

------- ------

> > >

> > >No virus found in this incoming message.

> > >Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.1/1220 - Release Date:

1/11/2008 6:09 PM

> > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

Try it now.

>

>

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.

> http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

>

Taking a shower is one of the more strenuous tasks for

us , u should take the o2 and also increase the levels

if necessary , not safe to do without it.

Geeta

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Beth, Thanks so much for the great explanation. Isn't it weird how each of us is affected differently by humidity and/or temperature? The humidity and the very dry air bother me-same as very high or low temperatures.Now for my last question- if I am using so many more muscles than the average person, why oh why am I not losing weight! Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California Re: Dear Dr. BRUCE: Lou here

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Perhaps it is because God just wants you fluffy. He knows that fluffy grandmas are the very best king.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.> > > > > Hey there Doc!!! Have you heard anyone talk about taking a shower with> > > the cannula in the other room? I never take a shower with it on, and> > > yesterday had a bad experience. I really couldn't get back to my> > > bedroom to get the cannula so Hubby did for me. I do> not take hot> > > showers, just luke warm, (hate the heat) so it wasn't the humidity, it> > > was the exertion of drying off out of the tub afterwards. I started to> > > see large white spots in front of my eyes and thought I was going to> > > pass out, literally.> > >> > > I called oxy company this morning about the cannula's safety in the> > > tub. They said it was ok to use it as long as the "concentrator" was> > > in the other room somewhere which mine is always in the d/room.> > > Anyhow, today I put the cannula on the bathroom doorknob as I got in> > > the shower and put it back on as soon as I shut off the water. Then> > > drying off was easy and no panic situation. I had not begun to think I> > > was that far along with needing the oxy. so very much. It is on #3 and> > > has been for some time. Those white spots concern me though. Next> >> > time I talk to pulmo will tell him about that.> > > Love, Lou (any input on this from you or anyone?)> > >> > > > > >> > >------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------> > >> > >No virus found in this incoming message.> > >Checked by AVG Free Edition. > > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.1/1220 - Release Date: 1/11/2008 6:09 PM> > > > > >> >> > > > > > > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > <!--> > #ygrp-mkp{> border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:14px 0px;padding:0px 14px;}> #ygrp-mkp hr{> border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}> #ygrp-mkp #hd{> color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:bold;line-height:122%;margin:10px 0px;}> #ygrp-mkp #ads{> margin-bottom:10px;}> #ygrp-mkp .ad{> padding:0 0;}> #ygrp-mkp .ad a{> color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}> -->> > > > <!--> > #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{> font-family:Arial;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{> margin:10px 0px;font-weight:bold;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{> margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}> -->> > > > <!--> > #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}> #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}> #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}> #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;}> #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}> #ygrp-text{> font-family:Georgia;> }> #ygrp-text p{> margin:0 0 1em 0;}> #ygrp-tpmsgs{> font-family:Arial;> clear:both;}> #ygrp-vitnav{> padding-top:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;margin:0;}> #ygrp-vitnav a{> padding:0 1px;}> #ygrp-actbar{> clear:both;margin:25px 0;white-space:nowrap;color:#666;text-align:right;}> #ygrp-actbar .left{> float:left;white-space:nowrap;}> .bld{font-weight:bold;}> #ygrp-grft{> font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;padding:15px 0;}> #ygrp-ft{> font-family:verdana;font-size:77%;border-top:1px solid #666;> padding:5px 0;> }> #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{> padding-bottom:10px;}> > #ygrp-vital{> background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:2px 0 8px 8px;}> #ygrp-vital #vithd{> font-size:77%;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:bold;color:#333;text-transform:uppercase;}> #ygrp-vital ul{> padding:0;margin:2px 0;}> #ygrp-vital ul li{> list-style-type:none;clear:both;border:1px solid #e0ecee;> }> #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{> font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;float:right;width:2em;text-align:right;padding-right:.5em;}> #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{> font-weight:bold;}> #ygrp-vital a{> text-decoration:none;}> > #ygrp-vital a:hover{> text-decoration:underline;}> > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{> color:#999;font-size:77%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov{> padding:6px 13px;background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{> padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{> list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;font-size:77%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{> text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #nc{> background-color:#eee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:0 8px;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad{> padding:8px 0;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{> font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold;color:#628c2a;font-size:100%;line-height:122%;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{> text-decoration:none;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{> text-decoration:underline;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{> margin:0;}> o{font-size:0;}> .MsoNormal{> margin:0 0 0 0;}> #ygrp-text tt{> font-size:120%;}> blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}> .replbq{margin:4;}> -->> > > > > > > > > ____________________________________________________________________________________> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs>

chocolate maybe..  hee heehee   LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." Beth,  Thanks so much for the great explanation.  Isn't it weird how each of us is affected differently by humidity and/or temperature?  The humidity and the very dry air bother me-same as very high or low temperatures.Now for my last question- if I am using so many more muscles than the average person, why oh why am I not losing weight!      Sarcoid/PF  3/2006   California Re: Dear Dr. BRUCE: Lou hereI've found it easier to keep my cannula on in the shower, but does anyone know why taking a shower is an issue for us?  It's not like I do that much, soaping down shouldn't take that much out of me, surely!Love Ze xx> > > Hey there Doc!!! Have you heard anyone talk about taking a shower with> > the cannula in the other room? I never take a shower with it on, and> > yesterday had a bad experience. I really couldn't get back to my> > bedroom to get the cannula so Hubby did for me. I do not take hot> > showers, just luke warm, (hate the heat) so it wasn't the humidity, it> > was the exertion of drying off out of the tub afterwards. I started to> > see large white spots in front of my eyes and thought I was going to> > pass out, literally.> >> > I called oxy company this morning about the cannula's safety in the> > tub. They said it was ok to use it as long as the "concentrator" was> > in the other room somewhere which mine is always in the d/room.> > Anyhow, today I put the cannula on the bathroom doorknob as I got in> > the shower and put it back on as soon as I shut off the water. Then> > drying off was easy and no panic situation. I had not begun to think I> > was that far along with needing the oxy. so very much. It is on #3 and> > has been for some time. Those white spots concern me though. Next> > time I talk to pulmo will tell him about that.> > Love, Lou (any input on this from you or anyone?)> >> > > >> >------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------> >> >No virus found in this incoming message.> >Checked by AVG Free Edition. > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.1/1220 - Release Date: 1/11/2008 6:09 PM> > > >>Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.Try it now.Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Joyce, It's true. My grandma looked exactly like Opie's Aunt Bea of Maybury and I loved her cuddly body. Somehow though I don't love mine as much! I was doing so well on my anti inflammation diet and had lost 15 pounds and then the holidays came along and I have gained back 10! I just can't seem to get motivated enough to start the diet again. I keep giving myself peptalks but I don't listen very well (lol). God bless you- Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California Re: Dear Dr. BRUCE: Lou here

Perhaps it is because God just wants you fluffy. He knows that fluffy grandmas are the very best king.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.> > > > > Hey there Doc!!! Have you heard anyone talk about taking a shower with> > > the cannula in the other room? I never take a shower with it on, and> > > yesterday had a bad experience. I really couldn't get back to my> > > bedroom to get the cannula so Hubby did for me. I do> not take hot> > > showers, just luke warm, (hate the heat) so it wasn't the humidity, it> > > was the exertion of drying off out of the tub afterwards. I started to> > > see large white spots in front of my eyes and thought I was going to> > > pass out, literally.> > >> > > I called oxy company this morning about the cannula's safety in the> > > tub. They said it was ok to use it as long as the "concentrator" was> > > in the other room somewhere which mine

is always in the d/room.> > > Anyhow, today I put the cannula on the bathroom doorknob as I got in> > > the shower and put it back on as soon as I shut off the water. Then> > > drying off was easy and no panic situation. I had not begun to think I> > > was that far along with needing the oxy. so very much. It is on #3 and> > > has been for some time. Those white spots concern me though. Next> >> > time I talk to pulmo will tell him about that.> > > Love, Lou (any input on this from you or anyone?)> > >> > > > > >> > >------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------> > >> > >No virus found in this incoming message.> > >Checked by AVG Free Edition. > > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.1/1220 - Release Date:

1/11/2008 6:09 PM> > > > > >> >> > > > > > > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > <!--> > #ygrp-mkp{> border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font- family:Arial; margin:14px 0px;padding: 0px 14px;}> #ygrp-mkp hr{> border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}> #ygrp-mkp #hd{> color:#628c2a; font-size: 85%;font- weight:bold; line-height: 122%;margin: 10px 0px;}> #ygrp-mkp #ads{> margin-bottom: 10px;}> #ygrp-mkp .ad{> padding:0 0;}> #ygrp-mkp .ad a{> color:#0000ff; text-decoration: none;}> -->> > > > <!--> > #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{> font-family:

Arial;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{> margin:10px 0px;font-weight: bold;font- size:78%; line-height: 122%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{> margin-bottom: 10px;padding: 0 0;}> -->> > > > <!--> > #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}> #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit; font:100% ;}> #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}> #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;}> #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height: 1.22em;}> #ygrp-text{> font-family: Georgia;> }> #ygrp-text p{> margin:0 0 1em 0;}> #ygrp-tpmsgs{> font-family: Arial;> clear:both;}> #ygrp-vitnav{> padding-top: 10px;font- family:Verdana; font-size: 77%;margin: 0;}> #ygrp-vitnav a{> padding:0 1px;}> #ygrp-actbar{>

clear:both;margin: 25px 0;white-space: nowrap;color: #666;text- align:right; }> #ygrp-actbar .left{> float:left;white- space:nowrap; }> .bld{font-weight: bold;}> #ygrp-grft{> font-family: Verdana;font- size:77%; padding:15px 0;}> #ygrp-ft{> font-family: verdana;font- size:77%; border-top: 1px solid #666;> padding:5px 0;> }> #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{> padding-bottom: 10px;}> > #ygrp-vital{> background-color: #e0ecee;margin- bottom:20px; padding:2px 0 8px 8px;}> #ygrp-vital #vithd{> font-size:77% ;font-family: Verdana;font- weight:bold; color:#333; text-transform: uppercase; }> #ygrp-vital ul{> padding:0;margin: 2px 0;}> #ygrp-vital ul li{> list-style-type: none;clear: both;border: 1px solid #e0ecee;> }> #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{> font-weight: bold;color: #ff7900;float: right;width: 2em;text- align:right;

padding-right: .5em;}> #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{> font-weight: bold;}> #ygrp-vital a{> text-decoration: none;}> > #ygrp-vital a:hover{> text-decoration: underline; }> > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{> color:#999;font- size:77%; }> #ygrp-sponsor #ov{> padding:6px 13px;background- color:#e0ecee; margin-bottom: 20px;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{> padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0; }> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{> list-style-type: square;padding: 6px 0;font-size: 77%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{> text-decoration: none;font- size:130% ;}> #ygrp-sponsor #nc{> background-color: #eee;margin- bottom:20px; padding:0 8px;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad{> padding:8px 0;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{> font-family: Arial;font- weight:bold; color:#628c2a; font-size: 100%;line- height:122% ;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{> text-decoration:

none;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{> text-decoration: underline; }> #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{> margin:0;}> o{font-size: 0;}> .MsoNormal{> margin:0 0 0 0;}> #ygrp-text tt{> font-size:120% ;}> blockquote{margin: 0 0 0 4px;}> .replbq{margin: 4;}> -->> > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. > http://www.yahoo. com/r/hs>

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.