RemedySpot.com

Good Afternoon....and I know the reaction I will get from some lol!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Good Afternoon to All....I woke up this morning with a lot of pain again....took the antibiotics, not the pain meds yet...I haven't eaten breakfast or lunch yet....This how my day started......

I sat on the couch and poked the blister with a small needle and squeezed as much as I could green pus started coming out...As soon as the pus stopped, I took a cotton ball and put some Peroxide to clean out the wound....some pain settled down!

I called the 24/7 hours hotline to speak to a nurse....I thought he would tell me go back to the hospital, he didn't though. I told him exactly what I had done and how I cleaned it......He asked a few questions, if it's black told him if it was black I wouldn't be talking to you on the phone right now, I would be in ER because that's gangrene lol, thank god he had a sense of humour. If I get a fever 37.5 degrees celcius, I should go to ER......for now it's safe for me to stay at home.

He emphasized pretty clearly not to poke it, not to walk on it and for someone to do my errands!

Antibiotics to start working it would take approximately 3-4 days. I should continue to take pain meds as prescribed. The wound care that I did, kind of saved me to taking another trip to ER. He suggested I soak my toe in Epson Salt and hot water (not to the point of getting burned, as much as I can tolerate.

I did 6 loads of laundry, it has been almost 2 months...that I haven't done it! I putted away and I'm about to start on lunch!

Irene Raynaud's Disease 09/07 PF 03/07 Canada

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.