RemedySpot.com

Re:Re: blending/juicing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Eileen

I juice most of the fruits I eat, and cook the rest, simply because I can't digest them too well. My body doesn't tolerate juiced vegetables either, but that's me. Juicing is fine on SCD, just dilute a lot, especially in the beginning. I'd dilute by about 400% until you've reached healing, then you can cut down to 100% or 200%. I still dilute by 500%, and strain the juices twice to eliminate fiber, but again, that's me with an oversensitive digestion/immune system.

Juicing makes foods easier to digest, as does cooking, but your digestion still has to handle the items. It's easy to consume a lot of juice and then suffer for a few days. So diluting is important. Remember juicing a whole pineapple gives you 1 cup of juice. You wouldn't eat a whole pineapple in one serving would you?? Think of the consequences!

You can start juices or cooked fruit anytime after the intro. diet. Just start slowly and cautiously. Have a glass of diluted juice one day, then wait a day or two before having another one. Same with cooked fruit. Also the same with adding fruit to yogurt and making a smoothie. Go slow. Your digestion may be ready for it, or it may not.

I use an inexpensive juicer; have had it for more than 10 years now. I only juice fruit once or twice a week, so don't wear it out I guess [grin].

Kim M.

SCD 4+ years

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

just heard from someone in celiac support group who was doing scd minus dairy and then went to "90% raw eating" by blending/juicing her stuff and it made all the differenceeven if we're not at a certain stage yet -is anything safe juiced ???blueberries for exampleor apples we have to cook them, she's ok with them just blended - what is the reason for cooking and is that blending thing a futuristic look at scd is like after stage 5 for us???thankseileen