RemedySpot.com

Joyce

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh my Princess H.H. Peggy...you are one WICKED Blondie......I'm ROFL & getting Stuck on the furniture.......

SGIO>> > > > Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with those > expensive, double-pane energy-efficient kind.> > Yesterday, I got a call from the Contractor who installed them. He > was complaining that the windows had been installed a whole year ago > and I had not paid for them yet.> > Hellloooo? Now just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I am > automatically stupid. So I told him just exactly what his fast- > talking sales guy had told ME last year ... namely, that in just ONE > YEAR these windows would pay for themselves! "Helllooooo!" (I told > him) "It's been a year"!> > There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally > just hung up.... He hasn't called back, probably too embarrassed > about forgetting the guarantee they made me.> > Bet he won't underestimate a blonde anymore!> > Blonde> Love and Prayers, Peggy> ipf 6/04 Florida> "Worry looks around,> Sorry looks back,> Faith looks up.">

I cracked up.  Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." Peggy,I was reading along really believing this one. Cute,Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997    BRONCHIECTASIS 2004   INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10   ....when I am weak, then I am strong.>> > > > Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with those > expensive, double-pane energy-efficient kind.> > Yesterday, I got a call from the Contractor who installed them. He > was complaining that the windows had been installed a whole year ago > and I had not paid for them yet.> > Hellloooo? Now just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I am > automatically stupid. So I told him just exactly what his fast- > talking sales guy had told ME last year ... namely, that in just ONE > YEAR these windows would pay for themselves! "Helllooooo!" (I told > him) "It's been a year"!> > There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally > just hung up.... He hasn't called back, probably too embarrassed > about forgetting the guarantee they made me.> > Bet he won't underestimate a blonde anymore!> > Blonde> Love and Prayers, Peggy> ipf 6/04 Florida> "Worry looks around,> Sorry looks back,> Faith looks up.">

Thanks from me too for this loving picture of the two of you.

Mama-Sher, ild 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Joyce

It just don't get NO better than this.

Leanne,

I was so very impressed.....and you know I don't impress easily where docs are concerned. I was in his office for 3 hours and was so tired when I left. He is beyond thorough. He wants to try some new stuff, mostly scary stuff. He is going to get together with my Rheumatologist and discuss treatment. Last ditch type of stuff.

He thinks that I might qualify for transplant at another center. Since he came from Duke, he of course is singing the praises. We can not relocate. Indy would be the closest, but probably wouldn't do it. He was not acting positive about that. So we will see. He said he would take my file home with him tonight and do some reading. He is scheduling tests etc. I am so tired but here I go. He talked to me about transtrachea, but my hubby is totally not for that. We'll see.

A very long day, some new options. Cannot undo damage, but maybe have a little better quality of life.

I felt real positive about it all, but I am plastered!

Get my hospital bed on Thursday. That is going to be traumatic.

God's blessings on Wednesday. Love you.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.>> Joyce,> > Thinking about you.....How did it go today?> > Love,> Leanne> > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.>

Glad to hear at least the appointment went well. At least a fresh set

of eyes and someone willing to look in detail. I know you've got to

be exhausted from it, so just rest and try to find some way to relax

tomorrow. Anything possible that will provide the least soothing. As

to the hospital bed, remember how you felt the first time with oxygen

and you learned it was your friend. Hopefully the bed will be as well.

> >

> > Joyce,

> >

> > Thinking about you.....How did it go today?

> >

> > Love,

> > Leanne

> >

> >

> > ---------------------------------

> > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!

> Search.

> >

>

Joyce my sweet friend, I am so sorry you have had such a rough day but I am praying this will help find help for you. I think the H. bed is not such a bad thing. They are bringing an electric aren't they?? When I had my hip replacement ( gosh that is 20 years ago now) I had one for a month that had to crank up and down. Royal Pain.I do hope you rest really good tonight. Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." Leanne,I was so very impressed.....and you know I don't impress easily where docs are concerned.  I was in his office for 3 hours and was so tired when I left.  He is beyond thorough.  He wants to try some new stuff, mostly scary stuff.  He is going to get together with my Rheumatologist and discuss treatment.  Last ditch type of stuff. He thinks that I might qualify for transplant at another center.  Since he came from Duke, he of course is singing the praises.  We can not relocate.  Indy would be the closest, but probably wouldn't do it.  He was not acting positive about that.  So we will see.  He said he would take my file home with him tonight and do some reading.  He is scheduling tests etc.  I am so tired but here I go.  He talked to me about transtrachea, but my hubby is totally not for that.  We'll see. A very long day, some new options.  Cannot undo damage, but maybe have a little better quality of life. I felt real positive about it all, but I am plastered! Get my hospital bed on Thursday.  That is going to be traumatic. God's blessings on Wednesday.  Love you.Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997    BRONCHIECTASIS 2004   INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10   ....when I am weak, then I am strong.>> Joyce,> > Thinking about you.....How did it go today?> > Love,> Leanne> > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.>

Thanks Ma, I'm good. Reading a lot. butttt spreading. LOL  OOPS TMI. Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." Peggy....  I told Joyce she was on my mind at 7 this morning and so were you.How's it going and how are you feeling now?Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: Re: JoyceJoyce my sweet friend, I am so sorry you have had such a rough day but I am praying this will help find help for you. I think the H. bed is not such a bad thing. They are bringing an electric aren't they?? When I had my hip replacement ( gosh that is 20 years ago now) I had one for a month that had to crank up and down. Royal Pain.I do hope you rest really good tonight.Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up."Leanne,I was so very impressed.....and you know I don't impress easily where docs are concerned.  I was in his office for 3 hours and was so tired when I left.  He is beyond thorough.  He wants to try some new stuff, mostly scary stuff.  He is going to get together with my Rheumatologist and discuss treatment.  Last ditch type of stuff. He thinks that I might qualify for transplant at another center.  Since he came from Duke, he of course is singing the praises.  We can not relocate.  Indy would be the closest, but probably wouldn't do it.  He was not acting positive about that.  So we will see.  He said he would take my file home with him tonight and do some reading.  He is scheduling tests etc.  I am so tired but here I go.  He talked to me about transtrachea, but my hubby is totally not for that.  We'll see. A very long day, some new options.  Cannot undo damage, but maybe have a little better quality of life. I felt real positive about it all, but I am plastered! Get my hospital bed on Thursday.  That is going to be traumatic. God's blessings on Wednesday.  Love you.Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997    BRONCHIECTASIS 2004   INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10   ....when I am weak, then I am strong.>> Joyce,> > Thinking about you.....How did it go today?> > Love,> Leanne> > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.>

Peggy... I'm glad to hear you "are good". I think of you so often.

Always warm hugs to you.

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Re: Joyce

Joyce my sweet friend, I am so sorry you have had such a rough day but I am praying this will help find

help for you. I think the H. bed is not such a bad thing. They are bringing an electric aren't they??

When I had my hip replacement ( gosh that is 20 years ago now) I had one for a month that had to crank up and down. Royal Pain.

I do hope you rest really good tonight.

Love and Prayers, Peggy

ipf 6/04 Florida

"Worry looks around,

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up."

Leanne,

I was so very impressed.....and you know I don't impress easily where docs are concerned. I was in his office for 3 hours and was so tired when I left. He is beyond thorough. He wants to try some new stuff, mostly scary stuff. He is going to get together with my Rheumatologist and discuss treatment. Last ditch type of stuff.

He thinks that I might qualify for transplant at another center. Since he came from Duke, he of course is singing the praises. We can not relocate. Indy would be the closest, but probably wouldn't do it. He was not acting positive about that. So we will see. He said he would take my file home with him tonight and do some reading. He is scheduling tests etc. I am so tired but here I go. He talked to me about transtrachea, but my hubby is totally not for that. We'll see.

A very long day, some new options. Cannot undo damage, but maybe have a little better quality of life.

I felt real positive about it all, but I am plastered!

Get my hospital bed on Thursday. That is going to be traumatic.

God's blessings on Wednesday. Love you.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.>> Joyce,> > Thinking about you.....How did it go today?> > Love,> Leanne> > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.>

Even though I am in end stage, high flow 02 and get to stay home most of the time....there is still the spirit in me to live. I think I must be a nut to consider putting myself through more misery. There is no chance of making anything go away. The best I can hope for is to stay status quo......maybe a chance at some quality of life...they tell me.

I think that I am just too curious. I want to stick around and see what happens next. I have been through a lot and not looking forward to more. But, when a doc looks you in the eye and asks, "do you want to live?".....I just can't lay down. I am like a punch toy that my little grandson got for Christmas. Knock me down, I pop back. His particular toy did not pop back up so fast....defect. A little more like me than I thought.

Thanks for thinking of me. I will give it my best shot. I will go down fighting.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.> > >> > > Joyce,> > >> > > Thinking about you.....How did it go today?> > >> > > Love,> > > Leanne> > >> > >> > > ---------------------------------> > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!> > Search.> > >> >>

Joyce... you are such a trail-blazer for those coming behind you! We will know ever so much more by learning from you and watching you. Thanks for sharing with us.

Did you miss my post where I asked a "delicate question" or did I miss your answer? I asked "why" you now need a hospital bed and is that something we will all face down the road?

Hugs.

Re: Joyce

Even though I am in end stage, high flow 02 and get to stay home most of the time....there is still the spirit in me to live. I think I must be a nut to consider putting myself through more misery. There is no chance of making anything go away. The best I can hope for is to stay status quo......maybe a chance at some quality of life...they tell me.

I think that I am just too curious. I want to stick around and see what happens next. I have been through a lot and not looking forward to more. But, when a doc looks you in the eye and asks, "do you want to live?".....I just can't lay down. I am like a punch toy that my little grandson got for Christmas. Knock me down, I pop back. His particular toy did not pop back up so fast....defect. A little more like me than I thought.

Thanks for thinking of me. I will give it my best shot. I will go down fighting.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.> > >> > > Joyce,> > >> > > Thinking about you.....How did it go today?> > >> > > Love,> > > Leanne> > >> > >> > > ---------------------------------> > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!> > Search.> > >> >>

Jane,

I use the internet. This is an FDA site: http://www.fda.gov/cder/offices/ods/medication_guides.htm

There is a link on the homepage where you can go look drugs up.

I like to read the stuff from the manufacturer, then other materials which are not so pro-product.

To see a picture of the pill etc. you can usually look it up under Google Image.>> > Joyce,> > When you are looking up prescription drugs, are you looking them up on> the internet or do you have a book at home to look them up in? I have> two out-of-date drug books here at home. If there is something on the> internet, I think it would be more up to date. Thanks!> > Toodles!> > Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl>

Sher,

My doc has been after me for two years to get the hospital bed. I have to be almost sitting to sleep. I have so much mucus with the Bronchiectasis and I have the reflux that we all have. Those together keep me coughing all night. I also smother when I try to lie down.

I used the pillows piled up and the bed genie. The advantage of the hospital bed is that it raises at the foot too. Which is a plus for my lack of circulation. So, I finally got so miserable that I gave in. I hate the thought of it, but I need to sleep.

I hate what it represents, but I am getting more and more humble.....well, somewhat humble.

Hugs, Joyce > > > >> > > > Joyce,> > > >> > > > Thinking about you.....How did it go today?> > > >> > > > Love,> > > > Leanne> > > >> > > >> > > > ---------------------------------> > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!> > > Search.> > > >> > >> >>

Joyce,

I was in a hospital bed for several months last year when I was newly diagnosed. The ability to raise and lower the foot of the bed is a significant advantage and there are times that I miss it.

My biggest complaint about the hospital bed was the lousy, lumpy mattress. My sister bought me one of those "memory foam" mattress toppers and it helped alot. If/when I have to have a hospital bed at home again I will probably spring for a latex foam mattress for it instead of the mattress that they send with it. The one I have now is incredibly comfortable and has the flexibility you need for an adjustable bed, like a hospital bed. Inner spring mattresses don't bend the way an adjustable bed needs them to.

I know you hate giving in to this but sleep becomes more important than almost anything when you go without it long enough. Right?

Love,

Beth in NC age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Sher,

My doc has been after me for two years to get the hospital bed. I have to be almost sitting to sleep. I have so much mucus with the Bronchiectasis and I have the reflux that we all have. Those together keep me coughing all night. I also smother when I try to lie down.

I used the pillows piled up and the bed genie. The advantage of the hospital bed is that it raises at the foot too. Which is a plus for my lack of circulation. So, I finally got so miserable that I gave in. I hate the thought of it, but I need to sleep.

I hate what it represents, but I am getting more and more humble.....well, somewhat humble.

Hugs, Joyce > > > >> > > > Joyce,> > >

>> > > > Thinking about you.....How did it go today?> > > >> > > > Love,> > > > Leanne> > > >> > > >> > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!> > > Search.> > > >> > >> >>

Joyce... Thank you for being so candid. I would have "given in" far sooner. At my age now, I want comfort and ease. I no longer care what size or shape it comes in.

I hope the bed is working and you are indeed sleeping better now.

I'm so sorry for what you must deal with. I really don't think I could endure what you have all these years.

God bless you and bring you and your family comfort.

Sher,

Hugs, Joyce > > > >> > > > Joyce,> > > >> > > > Thinking about you.....How did it go today?> > > >> > > > Love,> > > > Leanne> > > >> > > >> > > > ---------------------------------> > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!> > > Search.> > > >> > >> >>

Yes, it did. And I have been in an awful snit about it. I just fought it for so long and don't like the conotation of having it.....but, like so many other things, I had to give in. I am not good at that. I like being in control. Should have just given up on that long, long ago.

It has a pad overlay with a pump and the bubbles deflate and inflate so as to protect against pressure point pain. http://www.rehabmart.com/product/389.htm I have a quilt over that because I am not sleeping on plastic. Then a sheet. I need to get more sheets. My friend brought me twin bed sheets. They are a little too short and pop off.

I have slept in a chair for the last few nights. A bed will feel much better. I think the bubble pad will help my leg circulation. We will see. Just feel like a spectacle.

I am so proud of you giving the interview. I would have been terrified. I know that you did a good job, though. You are so outgoing.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.>> Queen, Did the bed show up?? I know you will rest easier being able > to have your head raised a bit without fighting pillows and just > think You won't need velcro for your butt... thats a good thing.. ;)> > > Love and Prayers, Peggy> ipf 6/04 Florida> "Worry looks around,> Sorry looks back,> Faith looks up.">

Joyce....

One other thought. Find a way to turn it from a hospital bed to a

Queen's Sleep Throne through some form of personalization. Can be as

simple as wild sheets that you love or comforter or the right picture

over the head or photo montage or ribbons on all the rails or a fake

headboard or anything. I'm sure others will have much better ideas

than me. But somehow something to de-sanitize it. It's like I know

I've got lots of time ahead looking at the area over my hearth and I

have to find some ocean scene or something relaxing and peaceful. You

can soften it and make it yours. Stuffed animals.....anything,

however small that makes it Joyce's bed and not a hospital bed.

> >

> > Queen, Did the bed show up?? I know you will rest easier being

able

> > to have your head raised a bit without fighting pillows and just

> > think You won't need velcro for your butt... thats a good

thing.. ;)

> >

> >

> > Love and Prayers, Peggy

> > ipf 6/04 Florida

> > " Worry looks around,

> > Sorry looks back,

> > Faith looks up. "

> >

>

Peggy,

My new lovely bed (not) is motorized. I just spent my first night. It does feel better than a chair, but that mattress is lousy. The pad feels so good. I wonder if I could put memory foam between the mattress and APP pad? Hmm. I will eventually get it like I want it.

I went into the bathroom, locked the door and cried when that thing came. I am 63 not 93. I want to be zipping out the door on my way to the Mall, not getting into a hospital bed. Aaaaargh!

Hugs, Joyce D.>> Joyce, Sam's Club sells a memory foam pad that I have on all my beds. > they are less than a hundred. and are sooooooo> comfy. also if use a full size sheet they stay on the ends better. > You just tuck in the long side a little further.> Is it electric or does it have the crank?> Wishing you sweet comfy sleep and lots of rest.> > > Love and Prayers, Peggy> ipf 6/04 Florida> "Worry looks around,> Sorry looks back,> Faith looks up.">

Bruce,

I took the rails off....that's a start!

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.> > >> > > Queen, Did the bed show up?? I know you will rest easier being > able> > > to have your head raised a bit without fighting pillows and just> > > think You won't need velcro for your butt... thats a good > thing.. ;)> > >> > >> > > Love and Prayers, Peggy> > > ipf 6/04 Florida> > > "Worry looks around,> > > Sorry looks back,> > > Faith looks up."> > >> >>

I don't see why not. The pads come with a nice cover and will get you further from the plastic mattress. I think I really wouldn't mind all that much having a H bed if i were totally comfy. I become very selfish with my sleepy time. I have been wondering how your babies are liking it. I'll bet they love making it go up & down. LOLI am sure you will come to appreciate the comfort. Just use a pretty quilt and lacy pillows. That would do it for sure. My sister called me around 5PM yesterday and said (very drugged) pray for me I am being wheeled into surgery for an obstruction. Her daughter called this morning and she did fine. She didn't know until this morning her Mom was having a problem. That nut never tells anyone when she has a problem. So remember her today please. Her name is Marilyn. two years older than me. I hope this will be a restful day for you.  Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." Peggy,My new lovely bed (not) is motorized.  I just spent my first night.  It does feel better than a chair, but that mattress is lousy.  The pad feels so good.  I wonder if I could put memory foam between the mattress and APP pad?  Hmm.  I will eventually get it like I want it.I went into the bathroom, locked the door and cried when that thing came.  I am 63 not 93.  I want to be zipping out the door on my way to the Mall, not getting into a hospital bed.  Aaaaargh!Hugs, Joyce D.>> Joyce, Sam's Club sells a memory foam pad that I have on all my beds. > they are less than a hundred. and are sooooooo> comfy. also if use a full size sheet they stay on the ends better. > You just tuck in the long side a little further.> Is it electric or does it have the crank?> Wishing you sweet comfy sleep and lots of rest.> > > Love and Prayers, Peggy> ipf 6/04 Florida> "Worry looks around,> Sorry looks back,> Faith looks up.">

Joyce I am thinking of you, hang in there my friend!

Sandie

> >

> > Joyce, Sam's Club sells a memory foam pad that I have on all my

beds.

> > they are less than a hundred. and are sooooooo

> > comfy. also if use a full size sheet they stay on the ends better.

> > You just tuck in the long side a little further.

> > Is it electric or does it have the crank?

> > Wishing you sweet comfy sleep and lots of rest.

> >

> >

> > ipf 6/04 Florida

> > Sorry looks back,

> > Faith looks up. "

> >

>

Joyce,

I remember that was the very first thing I did too, take those blasted rails off! It will probably take some experimentation to figure out what makes it most comfortable for you. Go ahead and put one of those mattress toppers between the mattress and the APP. I think most of those mattresses are awful, mine was. They get used by Lord knows how many people before they get delivered to our homes....not a pleasant thought huh?

The adjustability is worth the trouble to get it to where it's comfortable for you. Being able to sleep is the key!

Love,

Beth

Bruce,

I took the rails off....that' s a start!

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.> > >> > > Queen, Did the bed show up?? I know you will rest easier being > able> > > to have your head raised a bit without fighting pillows and just> > > think You won't need velcro for your butt... thats a good > thing.. ;)> > >> > >> > > Love and Prayers, Peggy> > > ipf 6/04 Florida> > > "Worry looks around,> > > Sorry looks back,> > > Faith looks up."> > >> >>

Of course you can put foam between. Even could add air on top. But,

find someway to turn it into your bed, not a hospital bed. I'd come

decorate it for you right now, but you think its bad now, you don't

even want to imagine how horrifying it might be if I " fixed it up. "

Besides it just needs something done that is personally comforting to

you.

Think of how bare and stark churches, chapels, and halls look before

the wedding decorations start. Then they are turned into the places

of dreams and memories. Well, our Queen deserves that. Oh, we need a

throne designer. Can't you just see the high back of a Queen's throne

and the big arms coming around to embrace her.

You would think that for hospital beds they would have better

mattresses. I thought when I was in ER I was going to need treatment

for other injuries spending 7 1/2 hours on what felt like a

board...and not even a good one. My butt went numb in the bend of the

bed.

> >

> > Joyce, Sam's Club sells a memory foam pad that I have on all my

beds.

> > they are less than a hundred. and are sooooooo

> > comfy. also if use a full size sheet they stay on the ends better.

> > You just tuck in the long side a little further.

> > Is it electric or does it have the crank?

> > Wishing you sweet comfy sleep and lots of rest.

> >

> >

> > ipf 6/04 Florida

> > Sorry looks back,

> > Faith looks up. "

> >

>

Hi Joyce...Wow, there are is a world full of women who like being in control. Me too! But I'm over that now. I finally gave it up.

....You can get twin sheets in extra long and they are cheaper than "h" bed sheets. You probably know that.

Is the bed in the privacy of your own bedroom?

My gramma used to say, "What can't be cured must be endured". We here on the board surely do that on a daily basis.

Hugs.

Yes, it did. And I have been in an awful snit about it. I just fought it for so long and don't like the conotation of having it.....but, like so many other things, I had to give in. I am not good at that. I like being in control. Should have just given up on that long, long ago.

It has a pad overlay with a pump and the bubbles deflate and inflate so as to protect against pressure point pain. http://www.rehabmart.com/product/389.htm I have a quilt over that because I am not sleeping on plastic. Then a sheet. I need to get more sheets. My friend brought me twin bed sheets. They are a little too short and pop off.

I have slept in a chair for the last few nights. A bed will feel much better. I think the bubble pad will help my leg circulation. We will see. Just feel like a spectacle.

I am so proud of you giving the interview. I would have been terrified. I know that you did a good job, though. You are so outgoing.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.>> Queen, Did the bed show up?? I know you will rest easier being able > to have your head raised a bit without fighting pillows and just > think You won't need velcro for your butt... thats a good thing.. ;)> > > Love and Prayers, Peggy> ipf 6/04 Florida> "Worry looks around,> Sorry looks back,> Faith looks up.">

Joyce, BIG HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. LeanneJoyce wrote: Peggy, My new lovely bed (not) is motorized. I just spent my first night. It does feel better than a chair, but that mattress is lousy. The pad feels so good. I wonder if I could put memory foam between the mattress and APP pad? Hmm. I will

eventually get it like I want it. I went into the bathroom, locked the door and cried when that thing came. I am 63 not 93. I want to be zipping out the door on my way to the Mall, not getting into a hospital bed. Aaaaargh! Hugs, Joyce D.>> Joyce, Sam's Club sells a memory foam pad that I have on all my beds. > they are less than a hundred. and are sooooooo> comfy. also if use a full size sheet they stay on the ends better. > You just tuck in the long side a little further.> Is it electric or does it have the crank?> Wishing you sweet comfy sleep and lots of rest.> > > Love and Prayers, Peggy> ipf 6/04 Florida> "Worry looks around,> Sorry looks

back,> Faith looks up.">

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Joyce, Thank you. Very well put. Some days it's so hard to let go and let God. He's taken care of me so far and He will continue to do so. My prayers go up for you daily in your life well lived even with this AWFUL disease. Thank you for sharing yourself with us. No rest for the wicked! Grab on to the hope and the spark. You will know in your heart of hearts that you've done all you could do. No one could ever say you were a quitter, my friend. Complacent would not be a word associated with Joyce Dalton!! Maybe the cure is right around the corner. My boss was talking about the Spain study and he said it looks the most promising because they are talking about actually healing the lungs. Not just holding the disease steady which so far all the other studies have been towards that

end. We can only hope. Love and prayers to you too. Leanne uip 1/03 IllinoisJoyce wrote: Leanne, I know to some extent how you feel. This really is a good thing, a prayer answered. I, not being inside your head, can see that. You know and I know that after transplant,

days are numbered. Longevity has not proven out. So, to my mind, the longer out your transplant is, the longer you get to live. But, you live inside that sick body that is so limited, now. You have had to make the life changes and plan changes. You wanted it to be over, right? Away with the tubing and puffing. Well, it seems that God has other plans. Gotta remember, God don't make mistakes. Keep remembering that he is faithful in all things. I am in a mixed state of emotion here as well. I pretty much had my mind set that it was time to relax, halt the fight, and prepare to die. Then I am sent to this new doc who is telling me that there is hope in new treatment and that transplant may still be a viable choice. My emotional self

is complacent to stay where I am and just let nature take it's course. But, there is that little spark of desire left deep inside that longs for life. This is like driving along in a daydream state and doing a hydroplane. I love you, good friend. I know that you will come to terms with all of this, as will I. I think to myself.....well, at least others may learn from my journey....as they will from yours. Love and prayers, Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then

I am strong. > Dear Leanne,> Wow, I can hardly imagine the onslaught of feelings> you must be having! I know you want to keep as active> as possible, and exercise helps with the depression,> but surely you didn't anticipate having to go on the> inactive list. It's tough for me to describe anyone with> IPF as "too healthy" for anything. I feel especially bad> for you since YOU were the one who wondered if you>

were sick enough to list (before they listed you). It's> like they forget it's our LIVES that they're juggling.> > It's such a delicate balancing act they do with our lives,> deciding when we're sick enough to need a transplant> as our only remaining option, but strong enough to be> able to survive the surgery and the aftermath. It's enough> to drive you crazy. But I know you have a strong faith,> and you know all of it is in God's time, not ours. And> you know that we love you and are praying for you.> I'm going to try to concentrate on the fact that you're> stable, and that you have more time to remain active and> enjoy life before the next phase, which I know you'll do!> > Love you,> Gwynne IPF 7/04 listed for transplant 3/07 Texas> > > > > > ---------------------------------> Looking for last minute

shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.