RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: vaginal itchiness

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Eileen

You are eating a lot of the yeast "trigger" foods in one day, which might explain the vaginal itchiness, especially if your digestion isn't coping too well with one or more of them. You may not need to stop eating these foods completely, but it might help to cut back a bit.

For example, bananas are very sweet; so are carrots and pears. Pecan butter can be difficult to digest, which means it can be fermenting and feeding yeast. Cheese is also one of the trigger foods.

You can read about all the trigger foods and carb ratings of the legals in the group files. I posted some files on yeast there; information I pulled from books on the subject.

As an example, when I was dealing with my yeast overgrowth, which included a vaginal infection, I didn't eat bananas, pears, carrots, cheddar or pecan butter at all. I ate lots of low-carb veggies, only had applesauce or diluted fruit juice every other day, etc. We're all different, so you may not need to go that drastic. But I found, through trial and error, that in order to kill off the high levels of yeast I had to eliminate most of the trigger foods. And then stay at that level for a long time since my body wouldn't tolerate antifungals.

For now, you could just cut back on the most sweet things, like bananas and pears. Have a banana pancake every other day, for example. Switch to baked apples and only have them on a day when you don't have a banana. Maybe not eat carrots more than twice a week.

You might not need to do this for long; just enough to feel your itchiness disappear. You're lucky that you noticed the itchiness first. In my case that was the last symptom to appear; I'd already had oral thrush and skin rashes and fluid in my ears and some other symptoms, so it took me a long time to get the overgrowth killed off.

Kim M.