RemedySpot.com

Re: wondering about allergy season

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jodi wrote:"What do you guys do for allergy season?"------------------Hi Jodi,My seasonal allergies are pretty intense, so I use a nose spray (NasalCrom) and prescription tablet Singulair (which helps prevent some of the reaction.)I also use nutritional therapies (1) Quercitin/Bromelain capsules and (2) extra Vitamin C (buffered powder, mixed in water, non-acidic and easy on my tum.)On the SCD, you're already doing everything you can to minimize dietary inflammation which would trigger allergies to be more intense, so that's a positive step.Additionally, you can add foods that are high in Omega-3, like salmon or halibut and certain nuts. Omega-3's also help to quell inflammation and ease allergies.

Finally, avoiding the allergy trigger is the most important. If your allergies are really bad, avoid exercising outdoors first thing in the morning (when pollen levels are highest) and try to avoid pollution as well (which sensitizes the body.) Take a shower at the end of the day to wash pollen off before going to bed - that will help you sleep more soundly and prevent your body from reacting to the pollen in your hair/clothes while you sleep.Good Luck,Nina in MA (a fellow sufferer) :)__________________________________________________