RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: /feeling old

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Babs...as you are interested in our backgrounds and such, when I answered about me I can't imagine how I forgot my three kids...grandkids...3 great-grands. Shame on me! They are my 'important' stuff.

I'm also a free-lance writer and have one book published.

My memory is going south.......

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: /feeling old

, when I was young and naive, I would tell my Mom (who it turns out had scleroderma and had every right to feel bad) that she was only as old as she felt. She snapped back at me once "then I feel like I'm 90, dammit"!I quit telling her how she should feel at her age.....LOL!!!Now, being 47 and having been told that chronologically speaking I have the body of a woman in her 70's, I can understand what my Mom was saying. I hurt someplace on my body every day.It is so hard to live in a body that won't cooperate, turns traitorous and then fails you when your mind feels young and is still full of hopes and dreams. Ya know, they say that growing old ain't for sissies, and I would like to add that having PF is also not for sissies.A big pat on the back to all of us for being on this board and reaching out to each other in an effort to understand and hopefully, to ultimately beat this disease.You all inspire me greatly. I love the spunk and grit that is shown by so many. Y'all keep fighting the good fight and know that I pray for all of you!Hugs and Hope...Babs in Texas 47 YO DX Nov. 1999 with PF due to Lupus/Scleroderma. Also RA, Raynauds, Sjogrens, Fibro, DM, and possibly Crohn's.>> Joyce,> I think this is the worst about this disease it makes us feel so old. Even though logically, there are plenty of young people who are ill and need walkers, oxygen, hospital beds, etc., and plenty of 90 year olds rushing around the mall without any of the "sickbed paraphernalia." I think we so associate young with well and sick with old when really it has nothing to do with age. Now if I could just "feel" logically instead of just think logically I would have this whipped! > > Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California> >

Huh? Bruce... "not all of us are"...what"

The book is a true story about a woman who saved her kids by telling family secrets.

My books are no longer in stores although they show up on Amazon.com as used.

A tough book to write...took me three years. Quite a few on the board have read it.

It's no longer in book stores because I stopped marketing due to my son who was at deaths door, dying with AIDS. He survived but my book 'died'.

Thanks for asking Bruce.

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: /feeling old

SherOk, you just casually slip by the published writer part. I know it may startle you but not all of us are. So spill the beans. Tell us about the book. > >> > Joyce,> > I think this is the worst about this disease it makes us feel so > old. Even though logically, there are plenty of young people who > are ill and need walkers, oxygen, hospital beds, etc., and plenty of > 90 year olds rushing around the mall without any of the "sickbed > paraphernalia." I think we so associate young with well and sick > with old when really it has nothing to do with age. Now if I could > just "feel" logically instead of just think logically I would have > this whipped! > > > > Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California> > > >>