RemedySpot.com

Re:Re: Diluted vs. undiluted

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Deb

Diluting juice is a huge difference for me. The difference between no nausea and pain when diluted a lot -- and when not diluted severe nausea, upper GI cramps, RUQ pain and a huge shock to my blood sugar levels for 2 or 3 hours and then suffer long-term effects to my gut ecology (i.e., a surge in my yeast/candida levels).

Actually I still dilute significantly even after 4 years on SCD. My digestive disorders are functional, so I haven't been able to improve on the dilution issue. I don't tolerate grape juice, but using your example, I would use 3 cups of water for 1/2 c. of grape juice. And then only drink about half of that in one day.

Even though it's juice, your digestion (and other body systems) still has to cope with it. Remember it takes a lot of fruit to make 1 cup of juice, so that's a lot of fructose and other biochemicals in the juice. Much easier on the digestion to dilute the juice, cutting down on the amount of biochemicals your body has to process.

Once your digestion has healed, if you're lucky, then you can go back to drinking juice without diluting, because your digestion and gut ecology will be able to cope.

Kim M.

SCD 4+ years

Hi Kim,

Thanks for your thoughts about juices. I don't seem to be tolerating even diluted grape juice. My blood sugar dipped big time yesterday. I never have done well with any juices, although some are a bit better than others. Hmm, I might try flavored water with pear juice. :-)

I'm not sure if healing gut ecology makes it possible to tolerate juices or not. I'd like to think so!

Louise

scd--Feb. 25/08

food sensitivities and candida

ME/CFS, MCS, FM--severely ill since 1973

Vancouver Island

-----Original Message-----From: BTVC-SCD [mailto:BTVC-SCD ]On Behalf Of kkmumbowerSent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 5:11 AMTo: BTVC-SCD Subject: Re:Re: Diluted vs. undiluted

Deb

Diluting juice is a huge difference for me. The difference between no nausea and pain when diluted a lot -- and when not diluted severe nausea, upper GI cramps, RUQ pain and a huge shock to my blood sugar levels for 2 or 3 hours and then suffer long-term effects to my gut ecology (i.e., a surge in my yeast/candida levels).

Actually I still dilute significantly even after 4 years on SCD. My digestive disorders are functional, so I haven't been able to improve on the dilution issue. I don't tolerate grape juice, but using your example, I would use 3 cups of water for 1/2 c. of grape juice. And then only drink about half of that in one day.

Even though it's juice, your digestion (and other body systems) still has to cope with it. Remember it takes a lot of fruit to make 1 cup of juice, so that's a lot of fructose and other biochemicals in the juice. Much easier on the digestion to dilute the juice, cutting down on the amount of biochemicals your body has to process.

Once your digestion has healed, if you're lucky, then you can go back to drinking juice without diluting, because your digestion and gut ecology will be able to cope.

Kim M.

SCD 4+ years