RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: feeling bad

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jodi,Its amazing what our bodies can endure. Thank you for sharing your experiences with me. Very helpful as I can relate to the roller coaster ride. Even in the two short months I've been on this diet, things have been different everyday. I think a recent cold/allergy attack and not sleeping well caused my immune system to get run down which may be why the colitis has flared up. I read what you wrote on another post about just wanting a banana! I can totally relate as that seems to be a comfort food and also a trigger food for me as well. I think I was eating too much yogurt and honey as well. And I sneaked in some raisins and dates early on which I KNOW is too early and not a good idea. So I'm back on the intro. and feeling better. Journaling has been a huge help for me.Healthy wishes for you and your hubby!AddieUC 8yrs.Santa Cruz,Ca.jodah235

wrote: Hey Addie, I have been doing a heck of a lot better since being on the diet- with that said it has been like a roller coaster ride for me. So many ups and downs and many many things have set me off to the point of really having horrible spasms, intestinal narrowing so all I do is vomit and whimper in pain. Thankfully these episodes have been getting less and less frequent and the intensity of pain is reducing as well. Sometimes I get so fearful I think I have to go to the hospital but as I go

through this and pull through to the other side it keeps me strong that I am on the right path!! also the support I get here, I cannot express how this helps me as it is really difficult to understand just how important this diet is for us and why we have to be so fanatical. I never really experienced "too much" bleeding to begin with although I was always extremely anemic (last week i got blood results that were the best results I had in like 12 years!! Hemoglobin was actually over 10!!!) Anyway, the small amount of bleeding I experienced stopped after 2 months into the diet. I haven't had the problem since. What I find I go through is this; I do something wrong (whether eat something, try a supplement or I don't know what) and then I start feeling aching in my intestines. Followed by feeling extreme soreness in my whole GI Tract also feeling incredibly weak and tired. Then I feel

bloated and I pray to go to the bathroom although many times I can't just to find an hour later I'm in the toilet and it's all watery D. I usually feel better briefly after the BM and then a little while later the pain shows it's ugly face and just knocks me out! I feel like an aching like I need to "catch" my intestines from falling. I cannot eat and usually cannot drink for about 15 hours-24 hours (in the beginning this would last 3 days of not being able to eat/drink) If I do eat all I do is vomit even if I drink water it all comes up. If I am strong enough not to eat/drink at all because sometimes I am like "maybe it is ok now?" since I do not know exactly when is ok to start drinking/eating- then I usually pull through it quicker. This last time I was able to move around the house, walk and I didn't vomit at all. Comparing to just whimpering and not being able to move parked on the couch for days. The

intestinal soreness last for a while. I have it now. Every time I move I feel like my intestines are bruised no matter what I do. I find the epsom salt bath help with this. Although I cannot take a bath in these episodes or when I am not drinking as I get dehydrated and that has caused me to go to the ER many times. So it is really after the episode I take baths. Thats what I can think of in a nut-shell (how scary is that?) I thank Dr Haas and Elaine every single day for this gift of her life's work. Bless her. Jodi SCD 6 months Crohn's/Colitis > > Jodi, > Sorry to hear you arent feeling well. I am curious as to what symptoms you are having? Bleeding?? And were you doing well up until this point? Do you think it was

something else in conjunction with the oil of oregano that set you off? > I've been on the diet 2 months and am curious to other people's experiences, I think I am experiencing die off or something right now, I'm having a lot of bleeding and not feeling that well either all of a sudden. > > Addie