RemedySpot.com

Post Forward from Antoinette Bunce - Please get this information out there.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Bunce ajbunce@... wrote: Dear friends, Here is some important information on Mitochondrial Disease. Most doctors are not aware of this problem. Most doctors will not even suspect it. Most doctors will treat each and every symptom as a different cause, different disease or syndrome. Sadly, there is often misdiagnosis made. Most doctors medicate to mask this monster with prescriptions and even surgery. Most doctors do not know that some prescriptions can even make

this disease worse. Many (too many of us) go undiagnosed. Although mitochondrial disease doesn't always have to cause neuropsychiatric problems, many of us are on the autism spectrum, yet are never even suspected. Some of us are even diagnosed with various forms of mental illness. Most alarming some are labeled with hypochondria or even suspected of Munchausen by proxy. Although there is no cure, intervention does make a difference for some of us. Life can be made better with this knowledge. The www.umdf.org has made their new web page. I find this part of the UMDF web site, which state symptoms one of the most important: http://www.umdf.org/site/c.dnJEKLNqFoG/b.3042177/k.D869/fontfont.htm This information might be able to help others that you may come across. After you go to this web page, you might want to print it for future reference. Also, here are some helpful “Rules of Thumb” By K Naviux M.D. Ph.D.: *A "common disease" has atypical features that set it apart from the

pack *Three or more organ systems are involved. *Recurrent set backs or flare-ups in a choric disease occur with infections. I thank all of you for keeping an eye out in our community for those that may be touched by this disease and may not know it. If we have taught anyone of you through our families turmoil and suffering, it has not

been in vain. When our daughter was born, we never would have realized how many people she would have helped. What an angel, she is a true blessing. Without even knowing it, she has first helped her family and already, countless others. Together it has been a blessing to walk this journey with some of you. I also want to give thanks to those of you who have helped us. The support and understanding that we have received has been priceless. We now carry much hope. Through the UMDF, I am now becoming an ambassador for the Southern Colorado Region. I welcome any person that you may want to send my way, to guide to appropriate information and to physicians that understand this, and might be able to help them. My e-mail address is ajbunce@... Antoinette and the Bunce Zoo~! "Every fifteen minutes a child is born who will develop a mitochondrial disease by the age of 1O" Quote taken from UMDF Web Page

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.