>

> I know the prednisone plays havoc in our nervous systems and with

our

> sleep habits...But I did notice a lot of you were posting at around

2-

> 3am....

>

> I was asleep at 10pm or so but then at 2am i started tossing and

> turning and finally got out of bed to read emails...

>

> A good night's sleep for me is 6 hours (actually that is a great

nights

> sleep), my doc says I need to go for another sleep test...this will

be

> my 4th.

>

> Who else is having sleep issues and why do you think that is?

>

> Steve-NY

> NSIP,RB,COPD (2000)

> Sleep Apnea

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

Try it now.

>

Hi All, Just wanted to post my opinion. I don't have any answers, but I will write what I do. (1) No heavy meals after 6 pm. (2) No caffeine (3) I wear my C-Pap (4) I start unwinding several hours before going to bed (5) I exercise 3-4 days a week. The days that I exercise, those nights are when I sleep best (6) I sleep until I wake up. If I have to get up at a certain time and awake with an alarm clock, I have a horrible day. Just knowing that I HAVE to get up in the morning means a horrible night of little sleep. (7) When I took prednisone, I had horrible sleep

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl> I don't sleep well most nights...> > I know the prednisone plays havoc in our nervous systems and with our > sleep habits...But I did notice a lot of you were posting at around 2-> 3am....> > I was asleep at 10pm or so but then at 2am i started tossing and > turning and finally got out of bed to read emails...> > A good night's sleep for me is 6 hours (actually that is a great nights > sleep), my doc says I need to go for another sleep test...this will be > my 4th.> > Who else is having sleep issues and why do you think that is?> > Steve-NY> NSIP,RB,COPD (2000)> Sleep Apnea> > > > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.>

Ambien CR is my friend. I do take it every night.

I'm not sure we have more sleep problems than others going through

stress. Yes, we have to keep our oxygen up and we may have some pain

others don't. Sleep disorders are far more widespread than anyone

knows.

My sleep problems go back nearly 30 years. Now, I do find one

additional problem I have now. I get involved doing things. I like

what I'm doing. I want to do as much as possible. Some nights I just

hate to take the time off to sleep.

I also admit to the occasional feeling that every night I go to sleep

one more day of my life is gone and I'm one day closer to it being

over. That has been known to make me bed resistant.

> I don't sleep well most nights...

>

> I know the prednisone plays havoc in our nervous systems and with

our

> sleep habits...But I did notice a lot of you were posting at around

2-

> 3am....

>

> I was asleep at 10pm or so but then at 2am i started tossing and

> turning and finally got out of bed to read emails...

>

> A good night's sleep for me is 6 hours (actually that is a great

nights

> sleep), my doc says I need to go for another sleep test...this will

be

> my 4th.

>

> Who else is having sleep issues and why do you think that is?

>

> Steve-NY

> NSIP,RB,COPD (2000)

> Sleep Apnea

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

Try it now.

>

Steve,

These are my reasons that I don't sleep:

Prednisone, mucus cough, reflux cough, smothering, trying to sleep in unatural positions like sitting, leg cramps, night fear of dying, worrying, sadness and lonliness. That is why I come looking for you guys at 3:00 a.m.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.>> I don't sleep well most nights...> > I know the prednisone plays havoc in our nervous systems and with our > sleep habits...But I did notice a lot of you were posting at around 2-> 3am....> > I was asleep at 10pm or so but then at 2am i started tossing and > turning and finally got out of bed to read emails...> > A good night's sleep for me is 6 hours (actually that is a great nights > sleep), my doc says I need to go for another sleep test...this will be > my 4th.> > Who else is having sleep issues and why do you think that is?> > Steve-NY> NSIP,RB,COPD (2000)> Sleep Apnea>

Joyce/Peggy

So, Joyce.....I was up late last night. Then did go to bed. Noticed

the next post after mine was someone telling me it was after my

bedtime. I won't say which Peggy it was....lol

> >

> > I don't sleep well most nights...

> >

> > I know the prednisone plays havoc in our nervous systems and with

our

> > sleep habits...But I did notice a lot of you were posting at

around 2-

> > 3am....

> >

> > I was asleep at 10pm or so but then at 2am i started tossing and

> > turning and finally got out of bed to read emails...

> >

> > A good night's sleep for me is 6 hours (actually that is a great

> nights

> > sleep), my doc says I need to go for another sleep test...this

will be

> > my 4th.

> >

> > Who else is having sleep issues and why do you think that is?

> >

> > Steve-NY

> > NSIP,RB,COPD (2000)

> > Sleep Apnea

> >

>

oops, SSHHHH john doesn't know I was up that late..he was in Tampa. It was one of THOSE nights. Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." Joyce/PeggySo, Joyce.....I was up late last night. Then did go to bed. Noticed the next post after mine was someone telling me it was after my bedtime. I won't say which Peggy it was....lol> >> > I don't sleep well most nights...> >> > I know the prednisone plays havoc in our nervous systems and with our> > sleep habits...But I did notice a lot of you were posting at around 2-> > 3am....> >> > I was asleep at 10pm or so but then at 2am i started tossing and> > turning and finally got out of bed to read emails...> >> > A good night's sleep for me is 6 hours (actually that is a great> nights> > sleep), my doc says I need to go for another sleep test...this will be> > my 4th.> >> > Who else is having sleep issues and why do you think that is?> >> > Steve-NY> > NSIP,RB,COPD (2000)> > Sleep Apnea> >>

wild and crazy night on the ................ computer? oops, SSHHHH john doesn't know I was up that late..he was in Tampa. It was one of THOSE nights.Love and Prayers, Peggy ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up."Joyce/PeggySo, Joyce.....I was up late last night. Then did go to bed. Noticed the next post after mine was someone telling me it was after my bedtime. I won't say which Peggy it was....lol> >> > I don't sleep well most nights...> >> > I know the prednisone plays havoc in our nervous systems and with our> > sleep habits...But I did notice a lot of you were posting at around 2-> > 3am....> >> > I was asleep at 10pm or so but then at 2am i started tossing and> > turning and finally got out of bed to read emails...> >> > A good night's sleep for me is 6 hours (actually that is a great> nights> > sleep), my doc says I need to go for another sleep test...this will be> > my 4th.> >> > Who else is having sleep issues and why do you think that is?> >> > Steve-NY> > NSIP,RB,COPD (2000)> > Sleep Apnea> >> brett bowserbrett@...

OOOHHH YYYEEAAAHHH. you missed it..lol Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." wild and crazy night on the ................ computer? oops, SSHHHH john doesn't know I was up that late..he was in Tampa. It was one of THOSE nights.Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up."Joyce/PeggySo, Joyce.....I was up late last night. Then did go to bed. Noticed the next post after mine was someone telling me it was after my bedtime. I won't say which Peggy it was....lol> >> > I don't sleep well most nights...> >> > I know the prednisone plays havoc in our nervous systems and with our> > sleep habits...But I did notice a lot of you were posting at around 2-> > 3am....> >> > I was asleep at 10pm or so but then at 2am i started tossing and> > turning and finally got out of bed to read emails...> >> > A good night's sleep for me is 6 hours (actually that is a great> nights> > sleep), my doc says I need to go for another sleep test...this will be> > my 4th.> >> > Who else is having sleep issues and why do you think that is?> >> > Steve-NY> > NSIP,RB,COPD (2000)> > Sleep Apnea> >>brett bowserbrettvectordist

Steve, I have taken Ambian for probably 15 years. I started having trouble sleeping when i got fibromalgia. Yep, I am hooked.. I say SOOOOO.. lol  When I was on pred. i went 3 and 4 nights straight with NO sleep. I hate that stuff. I was one wacky person.. Love and Prayers, Peggy  ipf 6/04 Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." I don't sleep well most nights...I know the prednisone plays havoc in our nervous systems and with our sleep habits...But I did notice a lot of you were posting at around 2-3am....I was asleep at 10pm or so but then at 2am i started tossing and turning and finally got out of bed to read emails...A good night's sleep for me is 6 hours (actually that is a great nights sleep), my doc says I need to go for another sleep test...this will be my 4th.Who else is having sleep issues and why do you think that is?Steve-NYNSIP,RB,COPD (2000)Sleep Apnea

Steve, Sleep??? Regular unmedicated

sleep? Not since prednisone came into my life!!

Lunesta gives me 7 hours when it works. I have to take a drug holiday

every 10-12 days..stop the Lunesta

for two nights ( get virtually no sleep) and then the Lunesta will work

again.

It's even a job to get a half decent night's sleep.

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Steve wrote:

I don't sleep well most nights...

I know the prednisone plays havoc in our nervous systems and with our

sleep habits...But I did notice a lot of you were posting at around 2-

3am....

I was asleep at 10pm or so but then at 2am i started tossing and

turning and finally got out of bed to read emails...

A good night's sleep for me is 6 hours (actually that is a great nights

sleep), my doc says I need to go for another sleep test...this will be

my 4th.

Who else is having sleep issues and why do you think that is?

Steve-NY

NSIP,RB,COPD (2000)

Sleep Apnea

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.2/1224 - Release Date: 1/14/2008 5:39 PM

Leanne, I

hadn't realized that even without the Prednisone sleep is a problem for

PF patients.

So, I can't just blame the drug?

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Leanne Storch wrote:

Mr. Steve,

Join the insomnia group. I sleep like garbage most nights.

Ambien is my friend altho I don't take it every night. I don't know

why pulmonary fibrosis patients don't sleep very well. I'll get 3-4

hours of sleep and then be WIDE awake. Or not fall asleep until way

late and toss and turn. If I take ambien, I get a good 6 hours of

sleep.

Anybody have thoughts as to why we don't sleep too well?

Leanne

Steve <icanfish22> wrote:

I don't sleep well most nights...

I know the prednisone plays havoc in our nervous systems and with our

sleep habits...But I did notice a lot of you were posting at around 2-

3am....

I was asleep at 10pm or so but then at 2am i started tossing and

turning andfinally got out of bed to read emails...

A good night's sleep for me is 6 hours (actually that is a great nights

sleep), my doc says I need to go for another sleep test...this will be

my 4th.

Who else is having sleep issues and why do you think that is?

Steve-NY

NSIP,RB,COPD (2000)

Sleep Apnea

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Yahoo! Mobile.

Try it now.

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.2/1224 - Release Date: 1/14/2008 5:39 PM

Sleep is a problem for a far greater percentage of the population

than often recognized. All of those and us who once said we

functioned fine on 5-6 hours. That was never true. The fact is that

less than 7-9 hours you will detect a mid-afternoon slump in

productivity and thinking.

Now, add to that any other factors, from stress to depression to pain

to apnea to lack of oxygen to medications to gerd to comfort of

mattress to distractions to fear of sleep and the list goes on and

on. Its amazing any of us get sleep.

The last time I tried to go with no sleep med (doctors needed me off

all meds for three days to figure out problems and reintroduce one at

a time) in three nights, I slept one hour total. A couple of years

ago (on Lunesta) I got into a consistent pattern of sleeping every

other night. I've been on sleep meds for 20 years and a couple worked

ok for up to 8 of those and then stopped. A couple of years ago I

tried a long list of them (10 or so) and Ambien CR was the only one I

found that worked for me.

> >

> >

> > I know the prednisone plays havoc in our nervous systems and

with our

> > sleep habits...But I did notice a lot of you were posting at

around 2-

> > 3am....

> >

> > I was asleep at 10pm or so but then at 2am i started tossing

and

> > turning andfinally got out of bed to read emails...

> >

> > A good night's sleep for me is 6 hours (actually that is a

great

> > nights

> > sleep), my doc says I need to go for another sleep test...this

> > will be

> > my 4th.

> >

> > Who else is having sleep issues and why do you think that is?

> >

> > Steve-NY

> > NSIP,RB,COPD (2000)

> > Sleep Apnea

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------------------------------------

------

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!

Mobile. Try

> > it now.

> >

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06

i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ%20>

> >

> >

> >

> >-------------------------------------------------------------------

-----

> >

> >No virus found in this incoming message.

> >Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.2/1224 - Release Date:

1/14/2008 5:39 PM

> >

> >

>

Joyce,

I felt so badly when I read your reasons whyyou cant sleep. It is 3:00AM here now and here I am...at the computer. I do the same thing, cough, cough, cry, thinking I am going to die tonight. And lonliness, even though my husband is right beside me. He has been such a great support for me but I know I must be becoming burdensome for him. He works all day, comes home and fixes dinner, cleans up, takes care of the dogs, etc. etc. and what do I do? Sit! He brings me everything I need. And I appreciate it...I really do. But I also resent it that I cant do it anymore. He misses alot of work since he has to take me to the Dr. now. I cant drive anymore because of fear of fainting, or whatever would happen if I had a traffic accident. My portable oxygen would not last long enough to even begin to work things out. I mean like a small fender bender. I worry about what I would do if he was in an accident or died...I have no one here, cant go on a plane, cant drive back to NC..what would I do? Those are the sort of things that keep me from sleeping. Along with uncomfortable positions. My dr. wont give me sleeping pills because she says I have so much mucous that I need to be fully aware so I can cough it up...especially now since too much mucous can clog up my transtrach. One night Tim heard me moaning in my sleep. He woke me up, he cleaned the trach and sure enough, there was no oxygen going through it because it was clogged up. Probably would not have clogged if I would have coughed. So...no sleep! I play Pogo on the computer and silly games that I dont have to think too hard.

Guess I just needed to talk. Thanks for listening. Hope everyone is asleep.

L

NIPF 02 PH 06 Transtrach 06

Re: IS IT ME?

Steve,

Prednisone, mucus cough, reflux cough, smothering, trying to sleep in unatural positions like sitting, leg cramps, night fear of dying, worrying, sadness and lonliness. That is why I come looking for you guys at 3:00 a.m.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.>> I don't sleep well most nights...> > I know the prednisone plays havoc in our nervous systems and with our > sleep habits...But I did notice a lot of you were posting at around 2-> 3am....> > I was asleep at 10pm or so but then at 2am i started tossing and > turning and finally got out of bed to read emails...> > A good night's sleep for me is 6 hours (actually that is a great nights > sleep), my doc says I need to go for another sleep test...this will be > my 4th.> > Who else is having sleep issues and why do you think that is?> > Steve-NY> NSIP,RB,COPD (2000)> Sleep Apnea>

... I just read your post from 3/AM. Those heavy thoughts probably keep you awake.

I doubt your hubby thinks you are a burden. Sure, he does get tired but he sure has proven himself hasn't he.

I know the feeling of feeling "helpless". Rich does so much for me too. Nearly all the shopping, some of the cooking,

all the laundry, (downstairs) most of the housework and takes our Lola downstairs to go potty throughout the day. (We live in an upstairs apt.) And he is 77 with a bad heart.

I think it's really wise of you not trying to drive just so you won't 'burden' him further.

In a way only we here on the board understand, it helps me, knowing your husband is your right hand too. If we could change it, we would.

God Bless.

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Steve,

Sher,

Thanks for answering...it is 1:15 AM now...and look where I am. At the computer.

Steve,

Yes, shame on you.....at the computer in the middle of the night....

> >

> >

> > I know the prednisone plays havoc in our nervous systems

and with our

> > sleep habits...But I did notice a lot of you were posting

at around 2-

> > 3am....

> >

> > I was asleep at 10pm or so but then at 2am i started

tossing and

> > turning and finally got out of bed to read emails...

> >

> > A good night's sleep for me is 6 hours (actually that is a

great nights

> > sleep), my doc says I need to go for another sleep

test...this will be

> > my 4th.

> >

> > Who else is having sleep issues and why do you think that

is?

> >

> > Steve-NY

> > NSIP,RB,COPD (2000)

> > Sleep Apnea

> >

>

... I'm not up in the early AM hours. Everything is so quiet then isn't it.

I'm sure you have tried Chamomile tea at bedtime...it helps me.

Get some rest today and have as good a day as you can.

God's Blessings

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Steve,