Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am paranoid about the humidifier bottles. I not only make sure they

are bubbling. I always did my cannula in water after to make sure its

bubbling. I'm going to get one of those things to measure flow out I

think. As to getting the bottle tight, its just the whole working

upside down thing. Plus here we are on thousands of dollars of

equipment with $5 bottles. Its like buying a Rolls Royce and getting

a $10 drink holder that your drink tips half the time.

Well, I thought I was mechanically compromised and I do fill the

portable early, but I've only had one freeze in my first two weeks

and filled it a total of about 20-24 times. If its freezing

constantly I'd suggest there might be something wrong with one of the

connecting pieces so that even with it on tight some oxygen is

leaking around the fill ports. I'd suggest having the supplier check

it and fill it themselves next time over.

>

>

> Two things:

>

> Humidifier bottles for high flow. These things are almost

impossible to

> get on and get airtight. Until they are airtight, no 02 flow.

These

> have to filled every day now and we start sweating at the thought.

> After the last fiasco where my 02 dropped to 40 and I had

convulsions,

> we hook me up to a tank before we even start.

>

> P. You are on high flow. Do you use the humidifier bottle and

it

> such a chore for you. Are we really comprimised? Seems like they

just

> don't want to threat correctly.....?

>

> Number two on my list is filling the portable. My husband is

especially

> bad at it. The delivery guy told us that the Companion T was Idiot

> Proof to fill. Well, not so. We keep the portable inside. We

wipe all

> the ports. We have had the tutorials. We begin 1/2 hour early. I

hate

> the fill up. It intimidates me and causes my poor husband to morph

into

> a raving lunatic. It freezes onto the mother ship, stops filling

> halfway through or fills, then shoots out the bottom. How did we

ever

> get men onto the moon?

>

> This is going to be a bad day. I get up at 4:30 a.m. and I am

overcome

> with the Grumpies. They multiply at night! Little devils.

>

> Hugs, Joyce D.

> PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA

> 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.

>

The stupid cheap water bottle is what nearly killed me. I can not believe how ill made all this equipment is ...... this stuff is for seriously ill patients.

They are coming today to replace the mattress on this torture weapon. I told the guy at Apria that it was no wonder that people die on these beds. He is so disagreeable.....well, he has met his match. This is war! I have been in hospitals and as bad as the beds are....nothing like this thing.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.> > >> > >> > > Two things:> > >> > > Humidifier bottles for high flow. These things are almost> > impossible to> > > get on and get airtight. Until they are airtight, no 02 flow.> > These> > > have to filled every day now and we start sweating at the thought.> > > After the last fiasco where my 02 dropped to 40 and I had> > convulsions,> > > we hook me up to a tank before we even start.> > >> > > P. You are on high flow. Do you use the humidifier bottle and> > it> > > such a chore for you. Are we really comprimised? Seems like they> > just> > > don't want to threat correctly.....?> > >> > > Number two on my list is filling the portable. My husband is> > especially> > > bad at it. The delivery guy told us that the Companion T was Idiot> > > Proof to fill. Well, not so. We keep the portable inside. We> > wipe all> > > the ports. We have had the tutorials. We begin 1/2 hour early. I> > hate> > > the fill up. It intimidates me and causes my poor husband to morph> > into> > > a raving lunatic. It freezes onto the mother ship, stops filling> > > halfway through or fills, then shoots out the bottom. How did we> > ever> > > get men onto the moon?> > >> > > This is going to be a bad day. I get up at 4:30 a.m. and I am> > overcome> > > with the Grumpies. They multiply at night! Little devils.> > >> > > Hugs, Joyce D.> > > PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA> > > 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.> > >> >> > > >> >------------------------------------------------------------------------> >> >No virus found in this incoming message.> >Checked by AVG Free Edition. > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.5/1228 - Release Date: 1/16/2008 9:01 AM> > > >>

GO JOYCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh that would have really teed me off. Well, in fact it has. How many

nights has he tried to sleep on it? How does he know anything. You're

tried. What nerve he has to be disagreeable. I'm sorry, I was

lukewarm on Apria until I switched. Then I found out what a company

concerned about their patients was like. The majority of Apria

employees never one time showed that they knew what industry they

were in, that they were dealing with persons lives and quality of

life. The treat everything like they are just selling any other

commodity. The also treat you like you have no choice but to put up

with it.

As to the water bottle, I remember your horrible episode. I was

paranoid before about them or that would have made me. It's cheap

cheap plastic. It screws on upside down...I don't do good work upside

down. There's this little thing at the top you have to get just

right. Also, they don't seem to even have an automatic replacement

and supplies schedule so if you don't push you'll end up with one

you've threaded hundreds of times.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Two things:

> > > >

> > > > Humidifier bottles for high flow. These things are almost

> > > impossible to

> > > > get on and get airtight. Until they are airtight, no 02 flow.

> > > These

> > > > have to filled every day now and we start sweating at the

thought.

> > > > After the last fiasco where my 02 dropped to 40 and I had

> > > convulsions,

> > > > we hook me up to a tank before we even start.

> > > >

> > > > P. You are on high flow. Do you use the humidifier

bottle and

> > > it

> > > > such a chore for you. Are we really comprimised? Seems like

they

> > > just

> > > > don't want to threat correctly.....?

> > > >

> > > > Number two on my list is filling the portable. My husband is

> > > especially

> > > > bad at it. The delivery guy told us that the Companion T was

Idiot

> > > > Proof to fill. Well, not so. We keep the portable inside. We

> > > wipe all

> > > > the ports. We have had the tutorials. We begin 1/2 hour

early. I

> > > hate

> > > > the fill up. It intimidates me and causes my poor husband to

morph

> > > into

> > > > a raving lunatic. It freezes onto the mother ship, stops

filling

> > > > halfway through or fills, then shoots out the bottom. How did

we

> > > ever

> > > > get men onto the moon?

> > > >

> > > > This is going to be a bad day. I get up at 4:30 a.m. and I am

> > > overcome

> > > > with the Grumpies. They multiply at night! Little devils.

> > > >

> > > > Hugs, Joyce D.

> > > > PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA

> > > > 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >-------------------------------------------------------------------

----\

> -

> > >

> > >No virus found in this incoming message.

> > >Checked by AVG Free Edition.

> > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.5/1228 - Release Date:

> 1/16/2008 9:01 AM

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Beth,

My regular 02 delivery guy brought me a much better one. It is an Invacare Deluxe. Tonight will tell the tale. Last night was horrible. I finally got up at 3 a.m. I will give it a couple of nights, then I am going to order the foam mattress.

He told me to keep the APP pad on the highest setting and that would also give it some extra firmness. We will see. I am acting like the Princess and the pea....

I thought of the adjustable bed, but as things progress, I may need a hospital bed that can be raised up high from the floor. It is ugly, but may be necessary one day soon.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.> > > >> > > >> > > > Two things:> > > >> > > > Humidifier bottles for high flow. These things are almost> > > impossible to> > > > get on and get airtight. Until they are airtight, no 02 flow.> > > These> > > > have to filled every day now and we start sweating at the thought.> > > > After the last fiasco where my 02 dropped to 40 and I had> > > convulsions,> > > > we hook me up to a tank before we even start.> > > >> > > > P. You are on high flow. Do you use the humidifier bottle and> > > it> > > > such a chore for you. Are we really comprimised? Seems like they> > > just> > > > don't want to threat correctly... ..?> > > >> > > > Number two on my list is filling the portable. My husband is> > > especially> > > > bad at it. The delivery guy told us that the Companion T was Idiot> > > > Proof to fill. Well, not so. We keep the portable inside. We> > > wipe all> > > > the ports. We have had the tutorials. We begin 1/2 hour early. I> > > hate> > > > the fill up. It intimidates me and causes my poor husband to morph> > > into> > > > a raving lunatic. It freezes onto the mother ship, stops filling> > > > halfway through or fills, then shoots out the bottom. How did we> > > ever> > > > get men onto the moon?> > > >> > > > This is going to be a bad day. I get up at 4:30 a.m. and I am> > > overcome> > > > with the Grumpies. They multiply at night! Little devils.> > > >> > > > Hugs, Joyce D.> > > > PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA> > > > 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.> > > >> > >> > > > > >> > >------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ------> > >> > >No virus found in this incoming message.> > >Checked by AVG Free Edition. > > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.5/1228 - Release Date: 1/16/2008 9:01 AM> > > > > >> >>

Bruce,

The high flow bottles are waaaaaay worse to deal with.

Hugs, Joyce D.PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Two things:> > > > >> > > > > Humidifier bottles for high flow. These things are almost> > > > impossible to> > > > > get on and get airtight. Until they are airtight, no 02 flow.> > > > These> > > > > have to filled every day now and we start sweating at the > thought.> > > > > After the last fiasco where my 02 dropped to 40 and I had> > > > convulsions,> > > > > we hook me up to a tank before we even start.> > > > >> > > > > P. You are on high flow. Do you use the humidifier > bottle and> > > > it> > > > > such a chore for you. Are we really comprimised? Seems like > they> > > > just> > > > > don't want to threat correctly.....?> > > > >> > > > > Number two on my list is filling the portable. My husband is> > > > especially> > > > > bad at it. The delivery guy told us that the Companion T was > Idiot> > > > > Proof to fill. Well, not so. We keep the portable inside. We> > > > wipe all> > > > > the ports. We have had the tutorials. We begin 1/2 hour > early. I> > > > hate> > > > > the fill up. It intimidates me and causes my poor husband to > morph> > > > into> > > > > a raving lunatic. It freezes onto the mother ship, stops > filling> > > > > halfway through or fills, then shoots out the bottom. How did > we> > > > ever> > > > > get men onto the moon?> > > > >> > > > > This is going to be a bad day. I get up at 4:30 a.m. and I am> > > > overcome> > > > > with the Grumpies. They multiply at night! Little devils.> > > > >> > > > > Hugs, Joyce D.> > > > > PULMONARY FIBROSIS/LUPUS 1997 BRONCHIECTASIS 2004 INDIANA> > > > > 2 COR. 12:10 ....when I am weak, then I am strong.> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > >> > >-------------------------------------------------------------------> ----\> > -> > > >> > > >No virus found in this incoming message.> > > >Checked by AVG Free Edition.> > > >Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.5/1228 - Release Date:> > 1/16/2008 9:01 AM> > > >> > > >> > >> >>