RemedySpot.com

Re:Re: nut butter question RE POSTING

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Gillian

I don't make nut butter as my stomach and upper GI object to the fat level, but I do make peanut butter myself. I can't explain why my upper GI tolerates a bit of peanut butter but fusses at pecan or almond butter!

Personally I prefer the taste of roasted peanuts in my peanut butter; didn't care for the raw version. I do use, on occasion, chopped walnuts or pecans in my muffins and prefer the flavor and fragrance of roasted -- but I couldn't handle them until my 3rd year on SCD. But I don't roast the nuts before I grind them into flour for use in muffins and breads. I only roast/toast nuts if I'm using then chopped and additions to nut flour muffins; or if I'm making peanut butter.

My digestion still doesn't cope too well with nuts, even after 4 years on SCD, so I only have a bit now and then. I also limit myself to one muffin or piece of bread made with nut flour. But everyone is different, so you'll have to just make a small amount and give it a try.

I'd start with pecan butter first; my digestion handles pecans far better than almonds or cashews. Which isn't saying much; that's why I use peanut butter instead of nut butter, and limit the amount of chopped nuts and nut flours I have in a day's or week's time.

Kim M.

SCD 4+ years

>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi,Thought I'd have a crack at some nut butter (going to take it slowly) since they've been out of my diet for quite some time. From observation reading the posts I thought I'd try some pecan nut butter first. Should I bake/roast the nuts first or just put them through the processor raw. When I previously ate nuts (way too early) they were upsetting my gut. Would cooked be preferable?Gillianscd 2nd x - 13 monthsundiagnosed