RemedySpot.com

Jim

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jim, When I went for the lung transplant work up they said that after transplant I would have to be on Bactrim MWF for the rest of my life to prevent PCP. Interesting that they have you on it now.... Leannejames wallman wrote: If I may........my pulmo has me taking, for almost a year, bactrim 3 days a week. If I remember correctly it is preventative for a strain of pneumonia (PCP maybe) that is very nasty, as in deadly......he says I maybe

taking it for a long time ("long time" being a play on words, wishful thinking.....) jimSher Bauman <bofuswbcable (DOT) net> wrote: Kathie... I don't take prednisone so I don't have any input there but in what part of Washington do you live? I'm about 25 south of Ptld. Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Lou: HI JOYCE (I called my pulmo this morning)> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Know what? It is so beautiful here in Richmond that I have the > > windows open day and

night and all the fans going. No humidity this > > time of year and I keep the dining room fan going full strength all > > day and night bringing in all the beautiful fresh air. We both are > > fresh air folks!!!!!> > > > I am doing whatever I can to stay clear. I have purell and tomorrow > > I will get the clorox or lysol wipes also. It is a good thing that I > > feel great. I called my pulmo this morning and he returned the > > calland asked me what he was on and I told him and asked him if there > > was any other medicine I should be on along with the Prednisone (30mg > > daily) besides the bactrim antibiotic I take every other day. That > > is a MUST whenever you are on prednisone. Helps to keep the lungs > > from inflamation I guess. My pulmo is the best. So right there all

> > the time for me when I call him, it is never more than 30 min. and he > > calls me back.> > > > My hubby's doc. told him to ask me to call my pulmo right away of > > which I did. What else is there to do. There is so far not the > > sawdust, as they haven't gotten that far yet. But I will prob. wear > > one of those masks too, what do you think????> > Love, Lou> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > <!--> > #ygrp-mkp{> border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:14px 0px;padding:0px 14px;}> #ygrp-mkp hr{> border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}> #ygrp-mkp #hd{> color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:bold;line-height:122%;margin:10px 0px;}> #ygrp-mkp

#ads{> margin-bottom:10px;}> #ygrp-mkp .ad{> padding:0 0;}> #ygrp-mkp .ad a{> color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}> -->> > > > <!--> > #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{> font-family:Arial;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{> margin:10px 0px;font-weight:bold;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{> margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}> -->> > > > <!--> > #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}> #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}> #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}> #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;}> #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}> #ygrp-text{>

font-family:Georgia;> }> #ygrp-text p{> margin:0 0 1em 0;}> #ygrp-tpmsgs{> font-family:Arial;> clear:both;}> #ygrp-vitnav{> padding-top:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;margin:0;}> #ygrp-vitnav a{> padding:0 1px;}> #ygrp-actbar{> clear:both;margin:25px 0;white-space:nowrap;color:#666;text-align:right;}> #ygrp-actbar .left{> float:left;white-space:nowrap;}> .bld{font-weight:bold;}> #ygrp-grft{> font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;padding:15px 0;}> #ygrp-ft{> font-family:verdana;font-size:77%;border-top:1px solid #666;> padding:5px 0;> }> #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{> padding-bottom:10px;}> > #ygrp-vital{> background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:2px 0 8px

8px;}> #ygrp-vital #vithd{> font-size:77%;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:bold;color:#333;text-transform:uppercase;}> #ygrp-vital ul{> padding:0;margin:2px 0;}> #ygrp-vital ul li{> list-style-type:none;clear:both;border:1px solid #e0ecee;> }> #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{> font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;float:right;width:2em;text-align:right;padding-right:.5em;}> #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{> font-weight:bold;}> #ygrp-vital a{> text-decoration:none;}> > #ygrp-vital a:hover{> text-decoration:underline;}> > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{> color:#999;font-size:77%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov{> padding:6px 13px;background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{> padding:0 0 0

8px;margin:0;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{> list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;font-size:77%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{> text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #nc{> background-color:#eee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:0 8px;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad{> padding:8px 0;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{> font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold;color:#628c2a;font-size:100%;line-height:122%;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{> text-decoration:none;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{> text-decoration:underline;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{> margin:0;}> o{font-size:0;}> .MsoNormal{> margin:0 0 0 0;}> #ygrp-text tt{> font-size:120%;}> blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}> .replbq{margin:4;}> -->> > > >

> > > > > ________________________________________________________________________> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Leanne, I'm not kidding, for the first year and a half or so I had pneumonia many times. The pulmo treating me is 400 miles and a $450.00 airline ticket away. He had an arrogant attitude toward the family practitioners we have here (some of which are excellent MDs.) To provide good local care the local docs tried to stay in contact with him.....but they hated to call him. So.....he was worried that they would be to stupid to catch PCP in time, and I'd die and ruin his afternoon. I think that is why he put me on it ....M-W-F. jim Leanne Storch wrote: Jim, When I went for the lung transplant work up they said that after transplant I would have to be on Bactrim MWF for the rest of my life to prevent PCP. Interesting that they have you on it now.... Leannejames wallman <james_wallman> wrote: If I may........my pulmo has me taking, for almost a year, bactrim 3 days a week. If I remember correctly it is preventative for a strain of pneumonia (PCP maybe) that is very nasty, as in deadly......he says I maybe taking it for a long time ("long time" being a play on words, wishful thinking.....) jimSher Bauman <bofuswbcable (DOT) net>

wrote: Kathie... I don't take prednisone so I don't have any input there but in what part of Washington do you live? I'm about 25 south of Ptld. Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Lou: HI JOYCE (I called my pulmo this morning)> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Know what? It is so beautiful here in Richmond that I have the > > windows open day and night and all the fans going. No humidity this > > time of year and I keep the dining room fan going full strength all > > day and night bringing in all the beautiful fresh

air. We both are > > fresh air folks!!!!!> > > > I am doing whatever I can to stay clear. I have purell and tomorrow > > I will get the clorox or lysol wipes also. It is a good thing that I > > feel great. I called my pulmo this morning and he returned the > > calland asked me what he was on and I told him and asked him if there > > was any other medicine I should be on along with the Prednisone (30mg > > daily) besides the bactrim antibiotic I take every other day. That > > is a MUST whenever you are on prednisone. Helps to keep the lungs > > from inflamation I guess. My pulmo is the best. So right there all > > the time for me when I call him, it is never more than 30 min. and he > > calls me back.> > > > My hubby's doc. told him to ask me to call my

pulmo right away of > > which I did. What else is there to do. There is so far not the > > sawdust, as they haven't gotten that far yet. But I will prob. wear > > one of those masks too, what do you think????> > Love, Lou> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > <!--> > #ygrp-mkp{> border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:14px 0px;padding:0px 14px;}> #ygrp-mkp hr{> border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}> #ygrp-mkp #hd{> color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:bold;line-height:122%;margin:10px 0px;}> #ygrp-mkp #ads{> margin-bottom:10px;}> #ygrp-mkp .ad{> padding:0 0;}> #ygrp-mkp .ad a{> color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}> -->> > >

> <!--> > #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{> font-family:Arial;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{> margin:10px 0px;font-weight:bold;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{> margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}> -->> > > > <!--> > #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}> #ygrp-mlmsg table {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}> #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}> #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {font:115% monospace;}> #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}> #ygrp-text{> font-family:Georgia;> }> #ygrp-text p{> margin:0 0 1em 0;}> #ygrp-tpmsgs{> font-family:Arial;> clear:both;}> #ygrp-vitnav{>

padding-top:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;margin:0;}> #ygrp-vitnav a{> padding:0 1px;}> #ygrp-actbar{> clear:both;margin:25px 0;white-space:nowrap;color:#666;text-align:right;}> #ygrp-actbar .left{> float:left;white-space:nowrap;}> .bld{font-weight:bold;}> #ygrp-grft{> font-family:Verdana;font-size:77%;padding:15px 0;}> #ygrp-ft{> font-family:verdana;font-size:77%;border-top:1px solid #666;> padding:5px 0;> }> #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{> padding-bottom:10px;}> > #ygrp-vital{> background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:2px 0 8px 8px;}> #ygrp-vital #vithd{> font-size:77%;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:bold;color:#333;text-transform:uppercase;}> #ygrp-vital ul{>

padding:0;margin:2px 0;}> #ygrp-vital ul li{> list-style-type:none;clear:both;border:1px solid #e0ecee;> }> #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{> font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;float:right;width:2em;text-align:right;padding-right:.5em;}> #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{> font-weight:bold;}> #ygrp-vital a{> text-decoration:none;}> > #ygrp-vital a:hover{> text-decoration:underline;}> > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{> color:#999;font-size:77%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov{> padding:6px 13px;background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{> padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{> list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;font-size:77%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{>

text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}> #ygrp-sponsor #nc{> background-color:#eee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:0 8px;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad{> padding:8px 0;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{> font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold;color:#628c2a;font-size:100%;line-height:122%;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{> text-decoration:none;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{> text-decoration:underline;}> #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{> margin:0;}> o{font-size:0;}> .MsoNormal{> margin:0 0 0 0;}> #ygrp-text tt{> font-size:120%;}> blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}> .replbq{margin:4;}> -->> > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________>

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Does a moose make a tree fall if Sher makes a noise in the forest in

Alaska?

> > I don't sleep well most nights...

> >

> > I know the prednisone plays havoc in our nervous systems and with

> our

> > sleep habits...But I did notice a lot of you were posting at

around

> 2-

> > 3am....

> >

> > I was asleep at 10pm or so but then at 2am i started tossing and

> > turning andfinally got out of bed to read emails...

> >

> > A good night's sleep for me is 6 hours (actually that is a great

> nights

> > sleep), my doc says I need to go for another sleep test...this

will

> be

> > my 4th.

> >

> > Who else is having sleep issues and why do you think that is?

> >

> > Steve-NY

> > NSIP,RB,COPD (2000)

> > Sleep Apnea

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ---------------------------------

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!

> Mobile. Try it now.

> >

> >

> > No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free

> Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.2/1224 - Release

> Date: 1/14/2008 5:39 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!

> Search.

>

Bruce, i don't know where I've been but do you have a Genie for a

King ? I am wondering if it would work for .

He's a 300 pounder. Whatch think?

Love and Prayers, Peggy

ipf 6/04 Florida

" Worry looks around,

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up. "

Does a moose make a tree fall if Sher makes a noise in the forest in

Alaska?

> > I don't sleep well most nights...

> >

> > I know the prednisone plays havoc in our nervous systems and with

> our

> > sleep habits...But I did notice a lot of you were posting at

around

> 2-

> > 3am....

> >

> > I was asleep at 10pm or so but then at 2am i started tossing and

> > turning andfinally got out of bed to read emails...

> >

> > A good night's sleep for me is 6 hours (actually that is a great

> nights

> > sleep), my doc says I need to go for another sleep test...this

will

> be

> > my 4th.

> >

> > Who else is having sleep issues and why do you think that is?

> >

> > Steve-NY

> > NSIP,RB,COPD (2000)

> > Sleep Apnea

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!

> Mobile. Try it now.

> >

> >

> > No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free

> Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.2/1224 - Release

> Date: 1/14/2008 5:39 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!

> Search.

>

Well, the noise I made scared the moose and he ran straight into a tree, causing it to fall. Nobody heard it though, 'cause it's in Alaska.

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Jim

Does a moose make a tree fall if Sher makes a noise in the forest in Alaska?> > I don't sleep well most nights...> >> > I know the prednisone plays havoc in our nervous systems and with> our> > sleep habits...But I did notice a lot of you were posting at around> 2-> > 3am....> >> > I was asleep at 10pm or so but then at 2am i started tossing and> > turning andfinally got out of bed to read emails...> >> > A good night's sleep for me is 6 hours (actually that is a great> nights> > sleep), my doc says I need to go for another sleep test...this will> be> > my 4th.> >> > Who else is having sleep issues and why do you think that is?> >> > Steve-NY> > NSIP,RB,COPD (2000)> > Sleep Apnea> >> >> >> >> >> >> > ---------------------------------> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!> Mobile. Try it now.> >> >> > ---------------------------------> > No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free> Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.2/1224 - Release> Date: 1/14/2008 5:39 PM> >> >> >> >> >> > ---------------------------------> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> >> > > > > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! > Search.>