RemedySpot.com

Private schools with inclusion programs?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any private schools with inclusion programs.

My son is in

1st grade - he is high-functioning/PDD-NOS, now fully mainstreamed in a regular

class with

support. We are exploring options other than the public schools and were

wondering if there

might be a private school option that is not a fully special needs school.

Thanks in advance,

Amy

Amy,I shadow a boy with Autism that is in a regular classroom at Coral Springs Christian Academy. It is a wonderful school. Just something you might want to look into www.csca.usThanks,LindseySent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeedFrom: "amysweeting" Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 15:38:53 -0000To: <sList >Subject: Private schools with inclusion programs? Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of any private schools with inclusion programs. My son is in 1st grade - he is high-functioning/PDD-NOS, now fully mainstreamed in a regular class with support. We are exploring options other than the public schools and were wondering if there might be a private school option that is not a fully special needs school. Thanks in advance, Amy

Do not know if you are Jewish and want to come down to Hillel Community Day School(goes to 12th grade), in NMB, FL. The special needs school, Kesher, is on campus at Hillel and any student that the school administration/teachers feel qualifies for "mainstreaming/Inclusion" is given the opportunity to its fullest extent. Since it is on-campus of a Jewish day school, they will follow a "dual curriculum" and study Hebrew and Judaic studies, in a modified manner, if necessary. If interested, call (305)792-7060 and they can tell you how you can make an appointment to come and see/visit the school. If you are looking for a secular program, I also know there is an inclusion program at Cushman Academy, in Miami(@50th and Biscayne Blvd.)but cannot vouch for that school.

Good Luck!

To: sList From: amysweeting@...Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 15:38:53 +0000Subject: Private schools with inclusion programs?

Hi,I was wondering if anyone knew of any private schools with inclusion programs. My son is in 1st grade - he is high-functioning/PDD-NOS, now fully mainstreamed in a regular class with support. We are exploring options other than the public schools and were wondering if there might be a private school option that is not a fully special needs school. Thanks in advance,Amy Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your Hotmail® account.