RemedySpot.com

Re: What neurologist would you recommend for formal ASD eval

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I used to take my son to see Dr. Tuchman at Dan Marino. He does not believe in diet, biomedical treatments, etc....I heard good thing about Dr. Gadia but if you want someone who is more open to those relatively new and untested treatments, I would not recommend this center personally.

What neurologist would you recommend for formal ASD eval

Hi everyone my daughter is now 3 1/2 she is on the ASD spectrum and has been receiving therapy since she was 15 mths, she is also on GFCF diet and under a DAN Drs care all without an "official" ASD Dx. Anhow we haev an appt for January to see a neuorologist @ the Dan Marino Center (Dr Gadia) and was wonderign what your experiences were with the center and if you would recommend them for a formal accurate eval or if you would recommend another neurologist.ThanksAileen

Dr. Tuchman (at DMC) is great for an ASD diagnosis. I havent used him for any other aspect of my son's care. I asked him once about diet,lab testing, biomedical approaches (about 4 years ago) and he totally blew me off. Just said to get him in school and treat him as "normally" as possible. He did recommend Melatonin which has been a blessing!!

Subject: What neurologist would you recommend for formal ASD evalTo: sList Date: Thursday, November 13, 2008, 7:56 PM

Hi everyone my daughter is now 3 1/2 she is on the ASD spectrum and has been receiving therapy since she was 15 mths, she is also on GFCF diet and under a DAN Drs care all without an "official" ASD Dx. Anhow we haev an appt for January to see a neuorologist @ the Dan Marino Center (Dr Gadia) and was wonderign what your experiences were with the center and if you would recommend them for a formal accurate eval or if you would recommend another neurologist.ThanksAileen