RemedySpot.com

Fwd: Now Recruiting for the Florida Center for Inclusive Communities Advisory...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may

see it online.

Florida Center for Inclusive Communities Community

Advisory Committee

Are You Interested in Becoming A Member?

The Florida Center for Inclusive Communities (FCIC) University Center for Excellence in

Developmental Disabilities at the University of South Florida is seeking interested self advocates and family members to serve as members on the

Community Advisory Committee.

For Through leadership in research, evaluation, training, and practice, the FCIC is committed to developing a range of supports and services in the

areas of Community Supports, Early Childhood, Transition, Education, Employment, Health, and Cultural Competence.

For more Information go to: www.flfcic.org or Call Toll Free:

© Florida Developmental

Disabilities Council, Inc. | www.fddc.org | 124 Marriott Drive, Suite 203, Tallahassee, Florida 32301 This email was sent to eileenr414@.... To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add us to your address book or safe list.

manage your preferences | opt out using TrueRemove™. Got this as a forward? Sign up to receive our future emails. Email marketing by 3W Studios

Eileen,I just got done with an atrocious IEP.. 4.5 hours long.. I did it by teleconference from Hawai'i. The mother is livid... her son is getting restrained almost daily by the use of CPI.. it's BAD. He's Autistic and he is verbal - high functioning. They are treating him like an animal. This mother is ready to abandon her home.. wants to leave the state but can't. After getting a Virus or something like that from grouply or someone on it ( I closed my grouply immediately about a week ago when my almost new computer slowed down like an old IBM, we removed 17 viruses. I'm not saying grouply did it but I don't like having all my email contacts known to some guys that made it. I invited people so it's on me too..but I warn them now just like the post that was made

not too long ago...stay with yahoo groups ! Anyway.. in FLORIDA they are using Corporal Punishment on children with severe disabilities .. they are imprisoning children at the age of 10 for assault.. there is a girl in jail now. This parent I represented today in the IEP is so afraid she doesn't know what to do.. she is very smart and very computer literate - she works for an ISP from home. After the 4 hour IEP was done they scheduled another one on Jan 23 to complete it.. and the principal scheduled a phone conference with me on the 17th. Then after they rudely ended it and hung up on me.. they got the parent alone with no advocate and intimidated her into signing a document saying she would finish the IEP on Monday..with no advocate. Now she is very upset. They are using a TENT inside the class for a 'sensory break' area.. because they won't make a real one as many kids need them. She

doesn't know whether to keep her son at home, send him to school..etc. . I think she would be good on an Advisory commitee she has the passion for it. Let me know how to have her contact you... thank you. E. , Founder, The Office of Advocacy for Autistic Children.Please go and comment to vote & Let others know ASAP to do the samehttp://www.change.org/ideas/view/accept_and_sign_the_autism_reform_act_of_2009 E. , Sr. Founder The Office of Advocacy for Autistic ChildrenThis electronic mail message and any attached files contain information intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and

may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, (18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521.) From: "EileenR414@..."

To: sList Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 10:49:01 AMSubject: Fwd: Now Recruiting for the Florida Center for Inclusive Communities Advisory...

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.

-----Inline Message Follows-----

see it online.

Advisory Committee

The Florida Center for Inclusive Communities (FCIC) University Center for Excellence in

Developmental Disabilities at the University of South Florida is seeking interested self advocates and family members to serve as members on the

For Through leadership in research, evaluation, training, and practice, the FCIC is committed to developing a range of supports and services in the

areas of Community Supports, Early Childhood, Transition, Education, Employment, Health, and Cultural Competence.

© Florida Developmental

Disabilities Council, Inc. | www.fddc.org | 124 Marriott Drive, Suite 203, Tallahassee, Florida 32301 This email was sent to eileenr414@.... To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add us to your address book or safe list.

manage your preferences | opt out using TrueRemove™. Got this as a forward? Sign up to receive our future emails. Email marketing by 3W Studios

see it online.

Advisory Committee

© Florida Developmental