RemedySpot.com

Re: Jim, May, Bruce

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jim... thanks for this. I've thought about it too.

May... I've been the 'mother of the brides and I share your anticipation for your girl. Lysa and I had such good fun planning her wedding, traveling back and forth to Spokane, WA.(groom's home-huge family) from Portland OR.

Zoë's wedding was smaller and local but took about as much time and fussing-about.

Enjoy and send pics along.

Bruce... What a good idea!! Kids in cancer wings do that too and some of those beds are sooo precious. I'm glad you brought your 'smarts' home with you.

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

grief> >> >> > Judy B,> > My heart aches over the situation with your daughter. My> > daughter is 23 and isn't dealing well with my illness either.> > I can't expect her to be okay with the fact that her father> > committed suicide when she was 8, and her 56-year-old> > mother has a terminal illness. She will talk about it only> > in brief spurts. She and my son are definitely already> > grieving, even though on the surface Kate seems to be> > doing fine. The timing of all this is terrible, as she only> > turned her life around 3 years ago after being self-> > destructive and troubled. We were kind of making up> > for lost time, and then WHAM - this diagnosis. Unlike> > me, Kate's still not great at openly and honestly> > expressing her emotions. Both she and my son live> > 3 hours away, and I think they do feel guilt about not> > being physically closer to provide more support.> > Fortunately, my son will talk about any and everything> > with me, not that it's easy or pleasant. He's SO sweet> > and supportive. He's 28, and my daughter-in- law is> > very special and dear to my heart too.> >> > If you two have always been close, I believe that things> > will work themselves out somehow. You will find a way> > to lovingly say to her what you need to say, in a way that> > gives you peace and helps ease her mind and her pain later.> > You will ease the way for her to say what she needs to> > say, by being an approachable mother. Parenting's an> > incredibly hard job, even when you're baby's 44.> >> > None of us knows exactly how long we'll be here, but> > this disease gives us reason to begin grieving early. It> > also teaches us to cherish the sanctity of life, and to> > give to God what we cannot do for ourselves. You're in> > my prayers.> >> > Hugs and blessings,> > Gwynne IPF 7/04 listed for transplant 3/07 Texas> >> >> >> >> >> >> > Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> >>

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.