RemedySpot.com

Re: Depression....Theory.....Oh, here I come with another poll

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Bruce, I voted that I don't suffer with depression, as I don't have clinical depression, but I do get down about my various conditions from time to time, but not what I'd call depressed, I'm assuming that's what you meant

Love Ze xx>> My counselor has a theory she'd like explored. Now, she has treated > many diabetes patients and she's found that a year or so before the > diagnosis depression or worsening depression hit them and this has been > somewhat confirmed and documented by others.> > So, she asks, and I think may have a point. Did many of us find > ourselves depressed or find it worsening 1-3 years before our > diagnosis. I think it might well make sense and at least is true in my > situation. I'd suffered from depression but my huge downturn with it > and anxiety was about 2 years before IPF diagnosis. I firmly believe > that it was intensified by fatigue, lack of energy, just lack of > oxygen, I had no idea about yet. > > Obviously we all have something to depress us now. But think back. Did > you have depression hit or increase before the diagnosis. Might that > have been a sign of things ahead in some way. See, my counselor always > believed in addition to the mental health issues there was a > contributing physical issue not being found. She turned out to be quite > right.>

Well, frequency and length of getting down would be determining

factor, not whether diagnosed. Also, whether you let it keep you from

doing the things you otherwise would. If it exceeds two weeks at a

time or takes more than half the days in any month, then I'd label it

depression, but not just briefly getting down. So, I think you're on

target and good you're able to keep the getting down from turning

into depression. But thats what I would expect from you.

> >

> > My counselor has a theory she'd like explored. Now, she has

treated

> > many diabetes patients and she's found that a year or so before

the

> > diagnosis depression or worsening depression hit them and this has

> been

> > somewhat confirmed and documented by others.

> >

> > So, she asks, and I think may have a point. Did many of us find

> > ourselves depressed or find it worsening 1-3 years before our

> > diagnosis. I think it might well make sense and at least is true

in my

> > situation. I'd suffered from depression but my huge downturn with

it

> > and anxiety was about 2 years before IPF diagnosis. I firmly

believe

> > that it was intensified by fatigue, lack of energy, just lack of

> > oxygen, I had no idea about yet.

> >

> > Obviously we all have something to depress us now. But think

back. Did

> > you have depression hit or increase before the diagnosis. Might

that

> > have been a sign of things ahead in some way. See, my counselor

always

> > believed in addition to the mental health issues there was a

> > contributing physical issue not being found. She turned out to be

> quite

> > right.

> >

>

A mild peeve of mine is people who over-exaggerate themselves in that way. 'I'm depressed' no, you're just down, depression is a completely different kettle of fish 'I have flu' no you don't you're out of bed, therefore you have a cold, not flu!

Oh I could go on............................................. > > >> > > My counselor has a theory she'd like explored. Now, she has > treated> > > many diabetes patients and she's found that a year or so before > the> > > diagnosis depression or worsening depression hit them and this has> > been> > > somewhat confirmed and documented by others.> > >> > > So, she asks, and I think may have a point. Did many of us find> > > ourselves depressed or find it worsening 1-3 years before our> > > diagnosis. I think it might well make sense and at least is true > in my> > > situation. I'd suffered from depression but my huge downturn with > it> > > and anxiety was about 2 years before IPF diagnosis. I firmly > believe> > > that it was intensified by fatigue, lack of energy, just lack of> > > oxygen, I had no idea about yet.> > >> > > Obviously we all have something to depress us now. But think > back. Did> > > you have depression hit or increase before the diagnosis. Might > that> > > have been a sign of things ahead in some way. See, my counselor > always> > > believed in addition to the mental health issues there was a> > > contributing physical issue not being found. She turned out to be> > quite> > > right.> > >> >>