RemedySpot.com

Re: Testimonial from a mom with GFCF diet

Rate this topic

Guest guest

That is how it happened for us too, except we went through 4 months of him only eating 3 things...the same three things for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He lost weight and certainly couldn't afford to lose any. Although my son wasn't starving, i guess he just couldn't stand those same three foods anymore. By the 5th month he started eating EVERYTHING we put in front of him. To this day, there is nothing he won't try. He will eat every fish, meat and veggie we've ever made. It's amazing. Although the changes in him were not nearly as drastic as Melinda's son, overall improvement in attention, focus and behaviors were apparent.

Robin

I addressed this very issue with my son ... He DID choose to not eat for days and days on end... 5 to be exact. Every day was tougher on me than the day before.... I cried and suffered as he suffered. He would look at the food I had prepared for him and he would scream and hiss, and throw a fit and throw it across the floor. We went through hell together literally.... I would ignore his behavior ... and let me tell you it got quite severe. I would very calmly and quietly tell him, here is your food, when you are ready to eat it, feel free to. You can choose to not eat what I have made you, that is OK with me. However, should you choose to not eat it, Mama will NOT make anything else for you. I would leave all "safe" foods on the table ... things like nuts and veggies and fruits. I would leave cooked foods on the table for a short period of time. The first three days he ate absolutely not one morsel .... Day four I noticed he was starting to steal bites of food here and there ... but still refusing to come to the table or to admit he wanted food. Day five was our first miracle. came to the table, and at 14 said his first word ... "eat," After finishing a plate of food that he would have never eaten before ... he said his first short phrase .... "more eat." He ate four plates of food that day. From that day forward we have NEVER again had an eating issue. eats well. All food issues of the past are gone. He eats meats, veggies AND fruits now. He use to be extrememly self limiting with his food choices ... and he would go on starvation diets for weeks on end... No longer. In the past two years since going gfcf (as well as corn, soy, celery,egg, apple, tomato, yeast, sugar etc. ) free ... has had stunning growth. He is an amazing kid ... that never ceases to amaze anyone that knew him before. I will never be sorry that I had the guts to stick through the detoxification process with my son. He was a gluten and casein addict. Today he is recovered from being an addict! And is recovering from Autism... In the past two years he has had a complete reversale of many "autistic" traits, No seizures anylongerLittle agressive behaviorsNo sleeping disordersNo eating issuesno more failure to thrive issuesNo more issues with "flapping hands" ...no more Self abusive issues.Has well over 500 or more words now...Has developed a social awarenessHas developed a complete understanding of lettersHas developed a sense of privacyhas developed a sense of creativity ... helped redecorate his roomhas begun to develop a sense of right and wrong.... and the list could go on and on... I will NEVER regret going gfcf ... He eventually decided his drive to eat surpased his adversion to the food ... After detox is over ... his world of food will open up to him. Time and again I hear of how kids just start opening up to being willing to eat ... whereas before, they refused most foods.... Surely happened for me.... Its a good life .... If you need help going gfcf, feel free to contact me ... I am always open. Melinda

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.