RemedySpot.com

Re: Being IRISH

Rate this topic

Guest guest

........a Fairy Reel ??? A dance, jig, or what?? My friend from Oz introduced me to the 'heel 'n toe'. We met him when he was on his "trek" and ended up here, in 1986. Now, we aren't the end of the world, but you can see it from here. Our population (2500) triples in the summer for fishing season and he rode in on that wave. Long story.......but he ended up staying with us (my 2 kids and I) for a year and a half. One time I had an occasion to be in Anchorage and found a bottle (or was it 2?) of Aussie port at one of the liqueur stores. One evening when my kids were at a school function, they must have been 12 and 13 yo, we cracked one of those bottles and by the time it was empty decided to teach me the 'heel 'n toe'. So, we put on some Irish music and the lesson began. For those that are not familiar with this dance.....it is very vigorous, takes up the whole living room. Well, as and I

were twirling (that's right, twirling) arm in arm, in walk the kids.........now, they'd never seen me.....um....with a wee bit of buzz on....PLUS, I'm dancing with a man.......I can still see the looks on their faces....and they still love to tell the story. Ahhhhhh.....sweet memories, Thanx for letting me indulge myself. jim IPF 05 alaska wrote: Oh A.J. I've got a VERY Irish Heart & that struck JUST the right chord with me....a 'Fairy Reel' methinks! in Oz >> I'm not Irish......maybe in a previous life......but liked this.......> > MAY THOSE THAT LOVE US, LOVE US> AND THOSE THAT DON'T LOVE US,> MAY GOD TURN THEIR HEARTS,> AND IF HE DOESN'T TURN THEIR HEARTS> MAY HE TURN THEIR ANKLES,> SO WE'LL KNOW THEM BY THEIR LIMPING.> > Ohhhhhh.......I feel a heel 'n toe comin' on...........> > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a

thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Jim... your sweet memories become sweet stories for me.

Mama-Sher, 69; IPF, 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Being IRISH

........a Fairy Reel ??? A dance, jig, or what?? My friend from Oz introduced me to the 'heel 'n toe'. We met him when he was on his "trek" and ended up here, in 1986. Now, we aren't the end of the world, but you can see it from here. Our population (2500) triples in the summer for fishing season and he rode in on that wave. Long story.......but he ended up staying with us (my 2 kids and I) for a year and a half. One time I had an occasion to be in Anchorage and found a bottle (or was it 2?) of Aussie port at one of the liqueur stores. One evening when my kids were at a school function, they must have been 12 and 13 yo, we cracked one of those bottles and by the time it was empty decided to teach me the 'heel 'n toe'. So, we put on some Irish music and the lesson began. For those that are not familiar with this dance.....it is very vigorous, takes up the whole living room. Well, as and I were twirling (that's right, twirling) arm in arm, in walk the kids.........now, they'd never seen me.....um....with a wee bit of buzz on....PLUS, I'm dancing with a man.......I can still see the looks on their faces....and they still love to tell the story.

Ahhhhhh.....sweet memories, Thanx for letting me indulge myself.

jim IPF 05

alaska

<gina.francisbigpond> wrote:

Oh A.J. I've got a VERY Irish Heart & that struck JUST the right chord with me....a 'Fairy Reel' methinks!

in Oz

>> I'm not Irish......maybe in a previous life......but liked this.......> > MAY THOSE THAT LOVE US, LOVE US> AND THOSE THAT DON'T LOVE US,> MAY GOD TURN THEIR HEARTS,> AND IF HE DOESN'T TURN THEIR HEARTS> MAY HE TURN THEIR ANKLES,> SO WE'LL KNOW THEM BY THEIR LIMPING.> > Ohhhhhh.......I feel a heel 'n toe comin' on...........> > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.